Pattaya plumbers

Ninafarm

One of the many reasons this could be happening is a leak from your toilet syston!

On most western type toilet systons there is a plastic flap at the bottom which is lifted to release the water into the bowl when the toilet is flushed!

Check this and if it is old, dirty etc. it is easy to replace.

You can buy the flap for a few baht without having to purchase the whole mechanism.

On Sukhumvit road between Klang and Nua ( west side ) there is a large DIY supermarket called Boontavon (spelling)

They sell all these parts.

There is, almost on the opposite side of Sukhumit ( east side ) a shop selling American Standard parts if you cannot get what you need from Boontavon.

Hope that helps.

Thank-you monsieurhappy for your reply. I have 2 toilets in the house. One is American Standard which is working fine,,, the other is a Thai toilet,,, Karat,, and it appears to be leaking in the tank and at the seal on the floor. I think I will buy a new American Standard toilet. Do you know anyone who would install a new toilet ?

What if a water pump will not turn off at all, all of a sudden and no big or major leaks! Any bright ideas? Must be some kind of a pressure sensitivity as this used to happen when there was no water at all.

When you take the outer cover off the pump you should see a plastic cup shape cover about 2 to 3 inches across.

You're not supposed to mess with this but take off the cover, usually held with one screw and you should see a screw holding down a spring.

If the pump is switched on and working turn the screw holding the spring a little at a time until the pump turns off.

BE CAREFULL do not overdo it!! You may have to turn clockwise but if that doesn't work turn anti-clockwise!!

I find that if my pump does not turn off, a quarter of a turn either one way or t'other always works.

This switch ( the spring works a switch ) is very sensative and I find I sometimes get this problem when the outdoor temperature as changed, as now it is cooler than the summer and vice-versa when we change back to hot weather.

Most local DIY shops carry this complete switch if you need to fit a new one but you may have to adjust it when you fit it.

There's a shop just inside Pattaya Nua between Suk. road and the bus station that carrys parts for most water pumps and Num Chai can also get parts.

Hope that helps.

This may turn out to one of the most helpful posts I have seen on TV and I have read quite a few plus i was even off topic a bit.

What might happen if i turn the adjustment screw too much in each of the two directions?

Edited by peeba7

I must admitt that I have turned the screw further than was neccessary and had to turn it back again.

I made a little wear on the screw head but everything else was OK.

It should only take 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn to get the pump to turn off so just go carefully.

I have adjusted this a few times and you may find you have to adjust it again with any serious change in the temperature.

While the pump is working turn the screw until it goes off then test it by turning a tap on for a few seconds to make sure the switch is turning on and off. At the worst if you break anything on the switch you can replace it for about 300/400 baht but you will need some of that white plumbers tape to seal the switch to the tank.

My water pump is a Mitsubishi and it's now 13 years old. I have replaced quite a few parts on it at surprisingly low cost.

Best of luck.

Thanks I'll take a look. I also am concerned about electric shock. Maybe I need to turn the juice of before tinkering.

I can understand your concern and I admitt to have had a few shocks in my time!

I am not a plumber or an electrician, I used to assemble Cat tractors.

Use a good screw-driver with insulated handle and do not touch anything with your bare hands.

You will need to have the pump switched on or you won't know when it turns off.

Beleive me, it's quite easy.

'When you take the outer cover off the pump you should see a plastic cup shape cover about 2 to 3 inches across.'

I think I found it, it says 'do not remove this cover' and 'Pressure Switch.' I am tempted to try it but my tools are limited and scared of a shock.

Sounds like an easy fix however.

I grew some balls and took the cover cover off, the pump stopped immediately, I tried a couple small turns in the negative direction (there is some green paint on the screw and directions for positive and negative.) By George, second attempt and it stopped (knock on wood.) Had I goggled 'water pump wont stop', I might have discovered this; but you my friend are a life saver!

Edited by peeba7