Stop the breaking news sign up message

thaibeachlovers

That "interstitial" ad – as it is technically called I believe – should indeed pop up only once after every log on. If you are logged in and get it repeatedly, something is wrong.

Thaivisa puts a so-called cookie on your computer or handheld device (phone, tablet) when you log in to know that you should get the pop-up only once. However, most browsers allow you to activate a setting that will reject cookies, ie they will not be stored on your device, and if a user selects this setting he will get the pop-up repeatedly. Have you, perhaps inadvertently, changed this setting on your computer? If you post information about the browser you are using somebody will perhaps show you how to check your cookie permission settings, so that you can check out that possibility.

That "interstitial" ad – as it is technically called I believe – should indeed pop up only once after every log on. If you are logged in and get it repeatedly, something is wrong.

Thaivisa puts a so-called cookie on your computer or handheld device (phone, tablet) when you log in to know that you should get the pop-up only once. However, most browsers allow you to activate a setting that will reject cookies, ie they will not be stored on your device, and if a user selects this setting he will get the pop-up repeatedly. Have you, perhaps inadvertently, changed this setting on your computer? If you post information about the browser you are using somebody will perhaps show you how to check your cookie permission settings, so that you can check out that possibility.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• 2 months later...

Maestro,

I thought this would have been discussed so searched, hence my replying to an oldish thread.

What is the logic to EVER displaying the interstitial ad if one is already logged in? My cookies are set so that I'm permanently logged into TV (even if I run CCleaner) and I usually enter the forum via a daily message or an update. Still I get the interstitial ad daily or once per session if i look at TV early morning and again in the evening.

I respectfully contend that it should NEVER appear if one is logged in because the purpose of advertising, interstitial or otherwise is to attract more custom or usage. Therefore, if one is logged in we're already customers/users making, it both superfluous and very very annoying!

Might this be taken under review?

VBF

Edited by VBF

• 5 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering unsubscribing because then at least there would be a reason for me seeing at 10 to 20 times every time I log in.

Seems like every time my finger goes to the screen to scroll or click on something the breaking news subscribe to Thai visa ad pops up again.

Very annoying

I thought this would have been discussed so searched, hence my replying to an oldish thread.

What is the logic to EVER displaying the interstitial ad if one is already logged in? My cookies are set so that I'm permanently logged into TV (even if I run CCleaner) and I usually enter the forum via a daily message or an update. Still I get the interstitial ad daily or once per session if i look at TV early morning and again in the evening.

I respectfully contend that it should NEVER appear if one is logged in because the purpose of advertising, interstitial or otherwise is to attract more custom or usage. Therefore, if one is logged in we're already customers/users making, it both superfluous and very very annoying!

Might this be taken under review?

VBF

Please contact support using the form here: http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

UPDATE: Support prefers that you send an email to support[at]Thaivisa.com, not use the above-mentioned contact form.

I get the same repetitive behavior from this pop up add showing up repeatedly during single sign-in sessions.

I didn't know before, but perhaps it is because my browser is set to reject a lot of cookies, and especially ones to third party sites.

Either way, it's VERY annoying, especially since I already receive and always have received the TV emails being pitched.

Contact TV support via the above form to say what??? Repeat the same complaints people are making here?

You might get the answer that if your post is about the interstitial page inviting you to sign up for the newsletter, which this topic is about, you must allow cookies from third parties. I seem to remember, but am not quite sure, that this was the advice given to another member last year. Support will know.