parking @ HKT Airport

illy

Does anyone have recent experience of parking [overnight - 2 days] at the airport? Last time I tried it I could not find a spot and that was in low season.

Weighing up whether to take my car and park it or take a taxi.

Thanks

A lot of spots are taken up by taxis, not "official" airport limos, waiting for pickups, so there's a reasonable turnover of parking places.

What amazes me is how full the place is considering how much bigger it is than the old car park. No idea why the ground floor is unused. It would be perfect for green plate stickered taxis, leaving the rest of the area for the general public. Maybe they keep it empty to accommodate VIPS.

A lot of spots are taken up by taxis, not "official" airport limos, waiting for pickups, so there's a reasonable turnover of parking places.

<snip>

Can't say I've noticed that. All those taxis and minibuses park on the main road, many on the no parking area (red/white kerb markings). Must admit I do the same when waiting for family/friends arriving in Phuket.

<snip>

Can't say I've noticed that. All those taxis and minibuses park on the main road, many on the no parking area (red/white kerb markings). Must admit I do the same when waiting for family/friends arriving in Phuket.

Yes, most do that, but the guys with the signs waiting for customers have to park a bit closer and they are the ones. Again, they will park outside for as long as possible so as to avoid too big a parking fee.

Last time I went the police were having a crackdown on parking on the red and white outside. Probably a one-off.

The price is fine.. its the lack of spaces that worry me..no spaces = where to park the car in time to make the flight?

I don't think they allow the 'leave in neutral and push it along' system there do they?

<snip>

I don't think they allow the 'leave in neutral and push it along' system there do they?

No they don't, and I'm glad that they don't.

Never liked that idea in the old car park. Maybe Ok if there are attendants/security like in Robinson's car park, but there are no attendants at the aiprort parking.

I head right up to the 4th floor and laways find a place near the front stairs,

judging by the dust on some of those cars, looks like they have been there since it was opened.

have seen more than a few cars parked in front of others and assume there in neutral but .....

LIK; how do u know they are not? someone did it to ya LOL

• 1 month later...

I am doing an overnighter in Bangkok this week.

Does anyone have any recent experience of parking at the Phuket airport, say over the past few weeks or so ?

What are the chances of not being able to find a park around 6 am in the morning.

​Also weighing up whether to take my car and park it or take a taxi.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Does anyone have any recent experience of parking at the Phuket airport, say over the past few weeks or so ?

What are the chances of not being able to find a park around 6 am in the morning.

I used it last Wednesday at around 6 am. Plenty of open spaces on 4th and 5th floor. Super easy parking.

I used it last Wednesday at around 6 am. Plenty of open spaces on 4th and 5th floor. Super easy parking.

Yes, I have always easily found space, even at busy times. At 6 am it will be no issue at all.

Parked there 3 times in the last 3 months, early in the morning about 6am no problem, other 2 times mid afternoon and was a nightmare, 15 minutes the first time and the last time about 30 minutes just driving round and round (top floor was closed the last time though), dozens of people double parked the last time, chaos. never had a problem finding a spot in the old car park!

Thank you everyone for the advice.

At 6 am 4th floor was only 50% full......

On return the next day at 4pm, 4th floor was full with a few cars "illegally" parked blocking egress.

Looks like afternoon parking is becoming hit or miss....with new terminal opening soon in June I cannot see the situation improving.......

Shame as I prefer to be the master of my own fate on the Thepkrassattri racetrack.

Edited by sanuk21

• 2 months later...

I intend to leave car for 3 nights since 22 July, will depart ay 1 am. Any changes in parking rules since last post?

No recent changes. We parked for 4+ days 2 weeks ago. Lucky we found a parking bay (about 15.00) but on return we had to push a car out of the way to exit parking bay. This now seems to be normal to park parallel and hand brake off. Never experienced that last year.

Edited by LivinginKata

• 2 weeks later...

Across the street of the airport is a home owner who has a huge "parking space" for 100 baht per day (24 hours). You park there and they drive you to the airport (300 meters). When you land you call them and they come pick you up again.

Saves 100 baht a day for a bit of hassle so i only use it when we need to park there for longer periods of time (3 or more days).

Across the street of the airport is a home owner who has a huge "parking space" for 100 baht per day (24 hours). You park there and they drive you to the airport (300 meters). When you land you call them and they come pick you up again.

Saves 100 baht a day for a bit of hassle so i only use it when we need to park there for longer periods of time (3 or more days).

Where exactly is that?