Urgent donations needed for medical bills of a British expat in Samui

webfact

Urgent donations needed for medical bills of a British Ex-pat in Samui

John-Law.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- British Ex-pat John Law is seriously ill in Koh Samui, his son Joseph Law in the UK and his mother are desperately looking for help to pay for his medical expenses, keep him alive and ultimately take him back to the UK.

A Facebook page called “let’s get Joe’s Dad home” has been started, a crowd funding page on Go Fund Me and Joe’s story has been on the ITV News.

It is understood that John had complications after having a toe removed in Thailand, some metal was left in his foot after the operation and that caused a very serious infection. Joe says he needs funds to pay the hospital for his Dad, who was not insured, or he may never see his Dad alive again.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2016-02-22

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst you're at it, can you deposit some money into my bank account as well, as I'm struggling to pay for the health care premium of me and my family.

Nice perspective..

So you think it's ok for all those people that visit and live in Thailand to have no health insurance? If they want to save money on that, why don't they deal with the fall out as a consequence?

For me it's a indeed a struggle to pay the insurance premium every three months, at the moment. I still consider this to be important though and keep paying these bills and keep taking out the insurance each year, to not be in a situation as this person and plenty of people before him. Sorry for not feeling sorry if I don't feel compassionate for people who think they can get a free ride here.

I rather not have to ask my family to bail me out. It's a choice I made, a very long time ago, when I decided to come and live in Thailand.

Whilst you're at it, can you deposit some money into my bank account as well, as I'm struggling to pay for the health care premium of me and my family.

Nice perspective..

So you think it's ok for all those people that visit and live in Thailand to have no health insurance? If they want to save money on that, why don't they deal with the fall out as a consequence?

For me it's a indeed a struggle to pay the insurance premium every three months, at the moment. I still consider this to be important though and keep paying these bills and keep taking out the insurance each year, to not be in a situation as this person and plenty before him. Sorry if I don't feel compassionate for people who think they can get a free ride here.

It's not OK no, but then your own finance struggle isn't anyone else's problem either. This guy's life is hanging by a thread whereas yours isn't. He is you or I but for the grace of God.

Sorry, I don't believe in God either

Whether my financial struggles are relevant or not, it';s about choices you make, God (providing there is one) doesn't make them for you, you yourself are responsible for these choices and the consequences they have,

It is understood that John had complications after having a toe removed in Thailand, some metal was left in his foot after the operation and that caused a very serious infection.

I may be wrong but should not the hospital in fact be held responsible for this tragic matter?

It would seem as if there was and still is gross neglect so it becomes malpractice on the side of the hospital and its medical team.

Sorry for what happened to him. But if he is a expat living in Thailand for some time, than he knows how things work in this country.

So he saved money, by not getting a insurrance and now people ask to donate!

As said before in post 4, please donate some money to me to, because I have to pay the insurrance company every month!

Yes, everybody has the chooice to get insurrance or not, but at least you will not see me asking for donations on this form.

Have a nice day.

It is understood that John had complications after having a toe removed in Thailand, some metal was left in his foot after the operation and that caused a very serious infection.

I may be wrong but should not the hospital in fact be held responsible for this tragic matter?

It would seem as if there was and still is gross neglect so it becomes malpractice on the side of the hospital and its medical team.

Gross negligence this is Thailand nobody takes resposibility for anything. They blame the Burmese.

Gross negligence this is Thailand nobody takes resposibility for anything. They blame the Burmese.

"nobody takes resposibility for anything"

Including the responsibility to insure themselves. Sorry for his plight, but there are many people whose lives are miserable through no fault of their own. The fact that he's a British expat doesn't mean he goes to the head of the queue.

Sorry for your troubles, it seems like every time I read a story its about a British expat in Thailand with "no medical Insurance".

I'd like to help but can't afford to give you any money.

Why in Gods name would you come to Thailand with out Medical Insurance, you don't go anywhere with-out medical Insurance.

Good Luck

Nice perspective..

For me it's a indeed a struggle to pay the insurance premium every three months, at the moment. I still consider this to be important though and keep paying these bills and keep taking out the insurance each year, to not be in a situation as this person and plenty before him. Sorry if I don't feel compassionate for people who think they can get a free ride here.

It's not OK no, but then your own finance struggle isn't anyone else's problem either. This guy's life is hanging by a thread whereas yours isn't. He is you or I but for the grace of God.

So, someone comes to Thailand with no Insurance, decides to save the expense of the Insurance, gets Injured, the hospital doesn't carry out the operation properly.

Sounds like you should be donating your money to a Lawyer to have the hospital cover the expenses since you say they didn't carry out the procedure properly.

I wish this guy good luck but I can't afford to donate any money. If you can afford to come to Thailand, you can afford Insurance.

I might be inclined to donate if I knew the actual story. However, a picture of a very well tanned guy, supposedly in a hospital in Samui, together with a story about having his toe removed and metal left in his foot, is hardly adequate to open purse strings - in this land of scams..

Does he live in Samui ? What hospital is he in ? What is his diagnosis ? What hospital removed the toe ? Why was the toe removed ? - -motorcy accident? shot in the foot ? failure to take diabetes meds ? speedboat/jetski accident ?

In other words, how real is the need ? How worthy is the recipient ?

What will happen if he cannot pay, thrown in the street with his infection?

No, he'll stay in hospital and the rest of us will pick up the loss by paying more for medical charges. It does seem most of these cases involve people from nanny states who have never learned to take any responsibility for themselves.

Whilst i and many others will agree with this point view, this man is seriously ill in hospital with many of his family and friends trying to help. Those kind of comments are unnecessarily upsetting imo. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Many Brits chance it as the insurers are very picky with small books of fine print and get out clauses so decide to take the risk

It would be more accurate to observe that many expats "chance it" Being uninsured is not something exclusive to Brits.

Nice perspective..

For me it's a indeed a struggle to pay the insurance premium every three months, at the moment. I still consider this to be important though and keep paying these bills and keep taking out the insurance each year, to not be in a situation as this person and plenty of people before him. Sorry for not feeling sorry if I don't feel compassionate for people who think they can get a free ride here.

I rather not have to ask my family to bail me out. It's a choice I made, a very long time ago, when I decided to come and live in Thailand.

Personally I haven't got any health insurance, but I know if anything serious happens to me the good folk on Thai Visa will pay my bills, if I ask nicely.

Archived