Notary Public

Farangdanny

Star Visa does them....Same soi as the US Consolate.....

Not legally notarized they dont..

post-114384-0-24781200-1457019563_thumb.

Seems they do - along with a few other services....We used them for signature verification for a legal document as well as other services...Never a hiccup.....

No, they do not. There is no such thing as a Notary Public in Thailand. The profession does not exist. So in best case it's false advertising.

Edited by MadMac

Notary Service

in Thailand

In most countries, a Notary Public is known as an official who is licensed by the State to perform functions such as the authentication of signatures or documents, and the witnessing of affidavits or statements of persons under oath. Notarization of a document is important as the act of notarization itself creates a guarantee on the authenticity of the document, or to the act of the signatories to the instrument.

While there are no notaries public in Thailand, some lawyers are given the authority to function as Notarial Services Attorney in the country. In Thailand, it is the Lawyers Council of Thailand which regulates the practice of notarial services in the State. A Thai lawyer is required to undergo and pass a professional training course for the service before he is registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.

Once authorized to perform, a Notarial Attorney may execute the following functions:

Verification to the authenticity of signatures in a document;

Certification of identity of parties to an agreement;

Administration of oaths and affirmations;

Attestation and certification of certain classes of documents

Be witness to the signing of parties to a document.

As Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention on Legalization of Foreign Public Documents, in some cases, parties who have engaged notarial services in Thailand may need to have the notarized document authenticated or legalized further at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, or at the Embassy of the country to which the document is to be presented

^^ A Thai notary public is as legit in the real world as a Thai rolex.

There is no such thing, its not internationally recognised, and it is a Thai sight of hand con designed to trick those who dont know, putting them in legal jeopardy if they believe the false advice offered by Thai lawyers.

if all you need is a true copy, or a certified copy, or some similar form of document witnessing.. By all means, theres many options available.

If you legally need a document 'notarized' to the correct legal international standard, no Thai lawyer can do it. End of. Usually your embassy can act as a substitute.

Notary Service

in Thailand

In most countries, a Notary Public is known as an official who is licensed by the State to perform functions such as the authentication of signatures or documents, and the witnessing of affidavits or statements of persons under oath. Notarization of a document is important as the act of notarization itself creates a guarantee on the authenticity of the document, or to the act of the signatories to the instrument.

While there are no notaries public in Thailand, some lawyers are given the authority to function as Notarial Services Attorney in the country. In Thailand, it is the Lawyers Council of Thailand which regulates the practice of notarial services in the State. A Thai lawyer is required to undergo and pass a professional training course for the service before he is registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.

Once authorized to perform, a Notarial Attorney may execute the following functions:

As Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention on Legalization of Foreign Public Documents, in some cases, parties who have engaged notarial services in Thailand may need to have the notarized document authenticated or legalized further at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, or at the Embassy of the country to which the document is to be presented

AGAIN, lots of replies from people who don't know what they are talking about and who DID NOT READ the original question. But ,although Pgrahmm describes the facts accurately, it is not the answer. II ASKED IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A LAWYER IN DOI SAKET,WHO IS LICENCED TO NOTARISE A SIGNATURE

Notary Service

in Thailand

AGAIN, lots of replies from people who don't know what they are talking about and who DID NOT READ the original question. But ,although Pgrahmm describes the facts accurately, it is not the answer. II ASKED IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A LAWYER IN DOI SAKET,WHO IS LICENCED TO NOTARISE A SIGNATURE

I get your frustration. Some posters on TV have certain opinions and positions engrained in their heads and it is impossible to get them off it.

It's like a Pavlov-reaction. As soon as you mention 'notary public' their pre-programmed drivel comes out.

Why they don't let you decide for yourself whether a notary public is suitable for your own needs is beyond me.

Edited by Bassosa

Notary Service

in Thailand

I get your frustration. Some posters on TV have certain opinions and positions engrained in their heads and it is impossible to get them off it.

It's like a Pavlov-reaction. As soon as you mention 'notary public' their pre-programmed drivel comes out.

Why they don't let you decide for yourself whether a notary public is suitable for your own needs is beyond me.

Agreed, they just pick out a word that they understand and rabble on with completely unrelated nonsense. Nothing better to do I guess !

Notary Service

in Thailand

If you ask if a document can be notarized the answer legally is always no.

If you ask can a document be witnessed as a true copy, certified copy, or as the quote above "Attestation and certification of certain classes of documents" then the answer is yes, easily.

The key is to precisely ask the correct question. If you dont actually need a Notary public, then why ask for one, if you dont, you wont find one here.

Edited by LivinLOS

Notary Service

in Thailand

If you ask if a document can be notarized the answer legally is always no.

If you ask can a document be witnessed as a true copy, certified copy, or as the quote above "Attestation and certification of certain classes of documents" then the answer is yes, easily.

The key is to precisely ask the correct question. If you dont actually need a Notary public, then why ask for one, if you dont, you wont find one here.

go.png

Here is my question:

Does anyone know of a Lawyer in Doi Saket who is licensed as a Notary Public ?

Pretty simple, but maybe instead of Notary Public, I should have said, "who is licensed to notarize a signature' '

KISS !

Does anyone know of a Lawyer in Doi Saket who is licensed as a Notary Public ? Thanks.

I posted as I did in an effort to assist the OP as other answers were clattering through....

As we do not know exactly the OP's specific needs it might be that a notarial attorney will meet his requirements or if otherwise the info will have been helpful.....

Hopefully - someone will know of one in his area.....

Sometimes We All are guilty of letting the static get louder than the message around here....

Here is my question:

Pretty simple, but maybe instead of Notary Public, I should have said, "who is licensed to notarize a signature' '

KISS !

And yet.. No one can know of such a person, as such a person cannot legally exist..

If he just needs a true copy / certified copy / witnessing of a signature.. etc etc.. Then dont ask for notary public standard !! legally these things mean specific things, and bad advice is bad advice, better people are informed so as not to lose time or court cases.

A police officer can do certified copies, I have used the local police for UK certified docs a couple of times, far cheaper than paying a lawyer a per page fee.

Here is my question:

KISS !

And yet.. No one can know of such a person, as such a person cannot legally exist..

If he just needs a true copy / certified copy / witnessing of a signature.. etc etc.. Then dont ask for notary public standard !! legally these things mean specific things, and bad advice is bad advice, better people are informed so as not to lose time or court cases.

A police officer can do certified copies, I have used the local police for UK certified docs a couple of times, far cheaper than paying a lawyer a per page fee.

Rubbish ! Who said anything about copies etc. ??? I said, "NOTARIZE A SIGNATURE" . Many lawyers are licensed to notarize signatures

If you dont need the international legal standard of a notary public.. Go to anything you like.. If you do need the legal standard of a notary public.. etc..

Hell I will notarize them for you to my standard.. For free !!

Its as legal for me to do so to 'my standard' as it is for Thai lawyers to do it to 'their standard' !! maybe that shows how ridiculous it is..

Of course those wont hold up to inspection or challenge in the real legal world, as I am not a signed notary public, the same as no Thai lawyer is either.

Edited by LivinLOS

Geez, what a circle jerk. The OP wants a legalized witness to a signature on a "company document." If this document is strictly for use in Thailand, then all's he needs is a so-called Notarization Attorney -- an officially recognized individual for such witnessing in Thailand. Apparently none exist in Doi Saket, but one does in San Sai.

And I'd be interested in how "notarization attorney" translates into Thai -- probably incorporates the word "witnessing." But since the Thais have not yet incorporated the concept of "notarization" into their Civil Law, then, yes, if the OP is going to submit this company document to the UN, he'll probably need some higher horsepower witnessing.

Otherwise, "no" remains the answer to his question.

For me, the bigger issue is the slight of hand and trickery employed by Thai lawyers.

When you consult a lawyer for legal services, advice, etc.. The most important part of that arrangement is integrity, trust, the belief that you are being given proper and correct legal advice. The fact that such a simple, low budget, situation as this, still causes them to lie and obfuscate simply to get a 500b fee, really says all I need to know about the integrity and responsibility of the operators in the industry. They know full well what they are doing is legally worthless, yet still do it to collect a few 100b. Even if it could cause someone to lose access to his children, lose assets in a court case, etc etc etc.

For me, the bigger issue is the slight of hand and trickery employed by Thai lawyers.

When you consult a lawyer for legal services, advice, etc.. The most important part of that arrangement is integrity, trust, the belief that you are being given proper and correct legal advice. The fact that such a simple, low budget, situation as this, still causes them to lie and obfuscate simply to get a 500b fee, really says all I need to know about the integrity and responsibility of the operators in the industry. They know full well what they are doing is legally worthless, yet still do it to collect a few 100b. Even if it could cause someone to lose access to his children, lose assets in a court case, etc etc etc.

Since when is it the lawyer's responsibility to check whether their 'notary' service is suitable for your needs?

Edited by Bassosa

I would feel that a legal advisor should advise you to their best knowledge of the law..

If they are signing documents destined for outside Thailand, knowing that the service they provide is legally useless outside Thailand, simple best practices and integrity should have them point that fact out. Instead they deceive on purpose.

People go to lawyers and authority figures for accurate advice. It shows how little value is placed on the integrity they are supposed to have when they will deceive for a few 100b.