British tourist reports sexual assault against Thai man he met online

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God save us all with these millenniums : so clever at technology but so unworldly and naive it defies belief.

I don't get the part about the millenniums. Somebody care to enlighten me?

Millennials, aka Gen Y ( smart and savvy when it comes to technology, according to some, but clueless in the ways of the world....and NEVER move out of their parents' house unless it's to go backpacking in exotic places).

Bet he's wishing he hadn't reported it now. Better he just made an exit and chalked it up as a lessons learned.

You took the words right off my fingers!

His name plastered all over the media. For sure now all his friends, family and complete strangers know.

He should of just chalked it up to experience, never fallen for that again and just stayed in a cheap hostel somewhere. He will regret this for a long time to come.

Accepting an invite to sleep in the same bed as a man. Going out and getting drunk with the man. Returning home with him to sleep in the same bed.

What did William expect. An innocent pillow fight!

When I was young I have slept with male friends in the same bed on several occasions, many a time stupid drunk as well, never was a sex act performed on me.

May be your experiences are different.

don't lament, perhaps had you chosen a different shade of lipstick things could have worked out?

William James chats up a guy on the internet, accepts an offer to stay with him for free, parties all night with him and sleeps in the same bed.

He is either really stupid or has the mentallity of a moron to not understand the terms he was complying with. Very possible it was first timers remorse and denial that he ran to the police to prove he really didn't want to give it up, after the fact of freely giving it up. If it smells like BS then its probably BS.

Please be polite. He might me a teachaa and once you've got all the guys from the teaching forum on your asrse....you're done.

OOOH I guess I'm done because I couldn't care less what the teachas (sic) forum guys think. BTW, I don't think he is a teacha (sic), but he is a very stupid Brit tourist.

I believe that you are pathetic wimp in the real world if something like my previous post worries you,.

You have to wonder at what point he jumped up and ran out. Before or after the orgasm? If before I wonder what the security guard thought when the farang came running towards him with an erection!

Hard to have much sympathy for the naive young man and in reality it is probably quite a good wake-up call (in more ways than one!). Nobody died and he will have a good story to dine out on.

What kind of person...takes advantage of a same-sex individual while they are sleeping?

This is abnormal...on so many levels...

Thai is fortunate there was not a fight...

Because one runs in circles where this might be permissible...does not mean one can take advantage of a drunk...sleeping tourist without permission...

Not everyone agrees with this kind of abusive behavior...

Edited by ggt

I guess it's sort of all believable but the extreme part is running out and calling the police. I reckon the Thai guy felt there was good enough consent and if not the worse thing would be getting a slap. I know in the PC world some might even call that rape.

I think the whole thing was a massive cultural misunderstanding. We who live here have become used to the fact that Thais communicate subtly but a tourist who has spent just a short time here isn't. Agreed that the Brit was a insufficiently cautious/wary, but he may also have been basing things on what similar interactions back home would mean. In the West sexual signals and communication in general is much more obvious, here it can be very subtle.

Heterosexual Thai men are the same, and it took me some time here to understand that they could and would read sexual interest into what to me were the most innoccous things.

Clearly, the Thai man had no intention to be a rapist or anything of the sort, as indicated by not doing anything the first time the Brit stayed with him. He was probably waiting to get a "sense" of things and likely thoroughly confused by the signals (and lack thereof) from the farang. Eventually decided that his agreement to come and stay a second time and to share a room must have meant he was gay & interested.

Just an unfortunate mix up IMO. Upsetting for the Brit, of course, and a hard way to learn that different cultures communicate differently.

So his first attempt at sexual contact is to wait until the victim is passed out drunk and asleep and perform oral sex on him without consent? rolleyes.gif

Thinking young Brit knew what's going on, skimp out of paying for a room.. Fooooool

i also think he knew what was going on why did the brit not just get an apartment down onnut for about 5,000bt for a month and then he had a room to come back to after myanmar , think what happened is he got into an argument with the thai man and thought he would get his own back on him by reporting him to police in other words ( a gay boyfriends tiff ) if its proved the case think police should lock up the brit f for wasting police time .

I guess it's sort of all believable but the extreme part is running out and calling the police. I reckon the Thai guy felt there was good enough consent and if not the worse thing would be getting a slap. I know in the PC world some might even call that rape.

I think the whole thing was a massive cultural misunderstanding. We who live here have become used to the fact that Thais communicate subtly but a tourist who has spent just a short time here isn't. Agreed that the Brit was a insufficiently cautious/wary, but he may also have been basing things on what similar interactions back home would mean. In the West sexual signals and communication in general is much more obvious, here it can be very subtle.

Heterosexual Thai men are the same, and it took me some time here to understand that they could and would read sexual interest into what to me were the most innoccous things.

Clearly, the Thai man had no intention to be a rapist or anything of the sort, as indicated by not doing anything the first time the Brit stayed with him. He was probably waiting to get a "sense" of things and likely thoroughly confused by the signals (and lack thereof) from the farang. Eventually decided that his agreement to come and stay a second time and to share a room must have meant he was gay & interested.

Just an unfortunate mix up IMO. Upsetting for the Brit, of course, and a hard way to learn that different cultures communicate differently.

So his first attempt at sexual contact is to wait until the victim is passed out drunk and asleep and perform oral sex on him without consent? rolleyes.gif

I don't agree that the stupid Brit didn't know what was happening. How could he not know it was a gay meeting? Everyone who uses a computer knows when a guy is hitting on them in social media. Does he live in a closet (maybe) without contact with the outside world when in Britland? Nobody with any reasonable intelligence is that nieve.

As I interpret the comments, it seems that the typical TV poster is offended by what happened because it was same sex. So what if they are gay. Not your business. Live and let live!

I suspect most if not all of those offended would have welcomed and encouraged the situation for themselves had the other person been the opposite sex. Wow, an early morning BJ and I can't wait to tell my friends. How incredibly narrow minded and homophobic. Maybe I expect to much from the old, poorly educated, intolerant farangs on TV who still live in another time period from the distant past.

"Met man online" is misleading. He probably found the accommodation through hospitality websites such as these (it's what "young people" do "nowadays"):

Couchsurfing vs Hospitality Club vs Staydu vs Global ...

Such arrangements are bound to attract predators.

As the article says he stayed there once with no problem. During the second visit there were more people staying, less space and the host had seemed a trustworthy person after the first visit.

Young people today, ain't it awful?,what is the world coming to?, when I was a lad, where's their common sense? ...............

Edited by Enoon

God save us all with these millenniums : so clever at technology but so unworldly and naive it defies belief.

Untold thousands of you older guys have done your nut and lost all your savings and the shirt off your back to Thai females, is this millenial (that's the spelling) much different? Actually he seems to have got off quite lightly.

It's fraught with danger to make yourself a spelling nazi, on these posts... So.... Try millennial, instead (maybe turn your spell checker on)

Otherwise... This is a crack up article.... Which is a pleasant change.... Enjoy?

Accepting an invite to sleep in the same bed as a man. Going out and getting drunk with the man. Returning home with him to sleep in the same bed.

When I was young I have slept with male friends in the same bed on several occasions, many a time stupid drunk as well, never was a sex act performed on me.

Yes, so did I. Sleep with a lot of male FRIENDS when I was young. All innocent.

I thought this guy had chatted online with a man called Thanapasit (no surname supplied) who said he would give him a room in his house for nothing.

So if you met me online and I offered you free accommodation in my room this would not ring alarm bells?

post-140765-0-76301300-1457985981_thumb.

I don't agree that the stupid Brit didn't know what was happening. How could he not know it was a gay meeting? Everyone who uses a computer knows when a guy is hitting on them in social media. Does he live in a closet (maybe) without contact with the outside world when in Britland? Nobody with any reasonable intelligence is that nieve.

As I interpret the comments, it seems that the typical TV poster is offended by what happened because it was same sex. So what if they are gay. Not your business. Live and let live!

I suspect most if not all of those offended would have welcomed and encouraged the situation for themselves had the other person been the opposite sex. Wow, an early morning BJ and I can't wait to tell my friends. How incredibly narrow minded and homophobic. Maybe I expect to much from the old, poorly educated, intolerant farangs on TV who still live in another time period from the distant past.

You post a lot of opinion there and present it as fact.

aguy30: "...I suspect most if not all of those offended would have welcomed and encouraged the situation for themselves had the other person been the opposite sex..."

I don't think a woman necessarily would have if she woke up and found a man having sex with her without consent...

Untold thousands of you older guys have done your nut and lost all your savings and the shirt off your back to Thai females, is this millenial (that's the spelling) much different? Actually he seems to have got off quite lightly.

No, not much different.....just as stupid!!

When I was very young my cousin Caroline had sometimes join me in my bed on the occasion of family festivities.
Only our parents thought it was only to talk...
Edited by happy Joe

That's right, I used to double up all the time when I was young and carefree.

Nothing happened to me.

Stop blaming the victim.

U mean to tell me that U would accept a shared bed from another male U never have seen before and in another country, U befriended on the Internet , beggars belief.

Exactly.

Some people just can't help themselves.

Is this a complaint........?

I expect you knew these friends better than this Mr James did. Although in my youth I could not imagine sharing a bed with friends of my youth. We were rather homophobic in those days.

Mr James is naive and a free-loader, and probably missed some obvious indicators.