Thai Air Force to spray water over haze-cloaked North

webfact

It would have been much better if the Government had of been proactive,

if they could have done a lot more to stop the burning from starting,every

year they know its going to occur,it needs tougher penalties for those caught

burning,instead they are going to spend vasts amount of money,on an outcome

that most likely wont work.

regards Worgeordie

Fore sure this will not work..No way . No chance. Put water on the fire,that will work.Regards Angiolo

Just pissin' into the wind. Meanwhile troops on the ground will all be facing south and will try to blow the haze toward Bangkok. cheesy.gif

They better do as the BKK police, promote yourself to become garbagecollector on a tricycle. If there's no garbage there's nothing to burn.

Here's a better suggestion: mobilize the army with shovels. Turn the ground where it's smoldering and if it's on farmland, give the farmer a whack while at it.

While they are chasing smoke trails to the source whilst they are at it (fighting fires) why not have the Army find out who is reponsible for the burning then haul them off to gaol? Oh, yeah forget it.

Meanwhile I am really really praying we get a good rainfall this year.

There could be a dumber idea.

Order all residents under Article 44 to place all household fans outside facing down upwind and put on high setting.

Call it Operation Blowhard.

A perfect mission for the Junta to handle. wai2.gif

An idea worthy of Khun Plodprasop, except that he was serious, in his day. wai.gif

"in Mae Sai district, Chiang Rai, with the PM10 value of 305 micrograms per cubic meter which are considered unhealthy."

But only in Thailand:

WHO Guidelines: PM10: 20 μg/m3 annual mean, 50 μg/m3 24-hour mean

PThe EU standard: the PM10 daily mean value may not exceed 50 micro-grams per cubic metre (µg/m3) more than 35 times in a year

and the PM10 annual mean value may not exceed 40 micro-grams per cubic metre (µg/m3).

but Thailand set the standard to 120 µg/m3 and therefore a PM10 value of 50+ is only moderate pollution.....

See, problem solved, raise the allowed level and therefore, no pollution.

Thainess.

But what if 305/50 gives 6 times more than WHO Guidelines.

Can't be good, like the whole population is smoking several cigarettes every day!

I wonder how many cigarettes are a healthy daily smoke for a baby? or someone with bronchitis etc?

Note this is only PM = Particulate Matter, not other air pollutants.

Those flimsy face masks are useless against such small particles.

Use a 3M's N95 mask or better!

"Air Force planes will spray water over haze-cloaked northern Thailand to clear away the thick haze and dust in the air."

The reaction of the idiots on the ground will be the same as if they are expecting early rain. Burn sooner. Burn more. Burn faster... And make sure there are no flames, so they can maximize the amount of smoldering smoke.

Oh that smoldering smoke,lit a few rubbish fires in Issan and stoked them up to a flaming inferno, no good I was told could start fire elsewhere.

Just could not live there as it was going to cost me my health.

My brother in law is the local council guy in my wifes village, he has talked to the villagers and told them not to burn the hills around the village,and there reply to him was,they wont give him any mushrooms when the rains come,this is what you are dealing with!

I my Mooban recently they came round with a device that blows smoke, which they blew into the shrubbery and all over the place. So much smoke that the common building were filled with smoke and to walk past the guys doing it one had to literally walk through a dense cloud of it and try not to breathe. Many were just walking in it. The guys doing it must get high as they are right in it the whole time. It's for mosquito abatement. No mosquito dared bother me for a few days because I breathed in deeply. I love this place.

I wonder if anyone pointed out the majority of the people live in the larger cities Chiang Mai,Chiang Rai, etc in northern Thailand, these are the areas where the worst pollution is being reported. We have seen the failure using planes on the fires, use the planes

and dump their water on the cities, add the firetrucks spraying the flowers, which is done daily and see if you dont get some improvement.

They want to burn the forest for whatever reason, wait for the wind to blow toward Burma and Laos then set all the fires you want, you have the wind in your favor, you have eliminated fuel for the locals to set afire and a good burn under the right conditiopns is benifical to the forests. Some wildlife may be lost but they are poaching them to extention anyway and you may even get a few drug runners in the fire storm.