THE England thread

rijit

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Didn't watch it. Read Hart saved us. Of the back 4, I read a shambles apart from Stones.

Let's have your marks out of 10 for all our players.

Stones was a disaster!

Sky gave most of them six but five would have been generous.

Edited by Chicog

• 5 weeks later...

with only a couple of minutes left i went back to bed for an hour.2nill and all over. never mind the comedy keeper,who the hell said the score was 2-2.

looks like another kick in the balls for hart.best player on the field.

4 hours ago, meatboy said:

with only a couple of minutes left i went back to bed for an hour.2nill and all over. never mind the comedy keeper,who the hell said the score was 2-2.

looks like another kick in the balls for hart.best player on the field.

Why is it a kick in the balls?

He didn't let the goals in did he?

17 hours ago, Chicog said:

Why is it a kick in the balls?

He didn't let the goals in did he?

he already had one by MC.now getting subed for the second half when he done nothing wrong must have done his confidence the world of good.

moto is dont kick a man down when he's not done any wrong.

give them both the two finger salute.

45 minutes ago, meatboy said:

he already had one by MC.now getting subed for the second half when he done nothing wrong must have done his confidence the world of good.

moto is dont kick a man down when he's not done any wrong.

give them both the two finger salute.

Isn't the object of friendlies to try out players? He was right to give a younger keeper a run out.  Gains him experience.

Although if Southgate is right for the job what on earth is he doing playing 34yo Jagielka who isn't and never was an international quality player?

• 3 months later...

Another unwanted international break coming up and its great to see that the latest fool to take to poisoned chalice has decided to recall a 34 yo for a friendly.  What on earth is that plonker wasting a friendly to try out a player who's in the twilight of his career.  Its just pathetic.

Nice to see the national embarrassment continues to look towards the future.  Doing our upmost to win a meaningless friendly so we can get spanked in a tournament when it actually matters!!

Friday rant over.............

Edited by carmine

good time in fact only time  for the new manager to have a 1 st hand look at whats availiable .

good to see the southampton boys get a look in their performances have warrented a place but we all know that dont always happen. big up to defoe, stats say he deserves his recall, just slightly concerned that calling a 35 year old up is the best option? , . perhaps the burnley lads might have been worth a look at, or even deeney, but he aint 'shone' quite so brightly this year and his distribution stats wise is truly shocking. And  lets hope stones aint to ' damaged from his man city debacle and steadies himself with  some time in with some decent  defenders.

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

good time in fact only time  for the new manager to have a 1 st hand look at whats availiable .

good to see the southampton boys get a look in their performances have warrented a place but we all know that dont always happen. big up to defoe, stats say he deserves his recall, just slightly concerned that calling a 35 year old up is the best option? , . perhaps the burnley lads might have been worth a look at, or even deeney, but he aint 'shone' quite so brightly this year and his distribution stats wise is truly shocking. And  lets hope stones aint to ' damaged from his man city debacle and steadies himself with  some time in with some decent  defenders.

Good on Defoe for playing so well this season,  but in all seriousness at his age he shouldn't be anywhere near the national team set up.

On 17/03/2017 at 2:13 AM, carmine said:

Another unwanted international break coming up and its great to see that the latest fool to take to poisoned chalice has decided to recall a 34 yo for a friendly.  What on earth is that plonker wasting a friendly to try out a player who's in the twilight of his career.  Its just pathetic.

Nice to see the national embarrassment continues to look towards the future.  Doing our upmost to win a meaningless friendly so we can get spanked in a tournament when it actually matters!!

Friday rant over.............

Given kane is currently injured it's a blessing for some football fans!

Expect to see more footballers prolonging careers like Giggs, Ibrahimovic and Defoe. Absolutely warrants a place. Southgate has strapped on a pair.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Given kane is currently injured it's a blessing for some football fans!

Expect to see more footballers prolonging careers like Giggs, Ibrahimovic and Defoe. Absolutely warrants a place. Southgate has strapped on a pair.

You really don't set the bar very high for strapping on a pair do you.

And where do you come up with Giggs!!!!  Hate to inform you but he's been retired about four years.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

You really don't set the bar very high for strapping on a pair do you.

And where do you come up with Giggs!!!!  Hate to inform you but he's been retired about four years.

You are a genius. He is 43 now so i'm sure it will click. The bar for England managers has been low for a very long time. 

looking at the squad, it actually hasnt got that much expirence . hart got the most caps at early 70's then comes cahil and yes, defoe both in there 50 's. fairly in expirenced. the rest in the 20' 's  so looking at that front line vardy rashford aint exactly awash with expirence so defoe's inclusion to me now takes a slightly diferent slant.

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You are a genius. He is 43 now so i'm sure it will click. The bar for England managers has been low for a very long time. 

Oh God, you completely missed the point.  Have a spectacular weekend mate.

• 6 months later...
53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The game on Thursday night was bad but yesterday's was woeful. It was either a very clever strategic plan to not build our hopes up for next year or we are garbage. I fear the latter

Why and how could the FA have come up with the idea that Southgate was up to the job?  Its ludicrous that they would think him a viable option.  

I stopped watching the national team years ago because we're just so poor and dull to watch

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

I stopped watching the national team years ago because we're just so poor and dull to watch

I don't blame you Carms, it's just that I always live in hope that with all the foreigners in the Prem, a bit of their skills will rub off on enough English plaeyrs to make us a good side. I do think we have some individual good players but as you say, Southgate ain't the man to manage them. Every one of those who played last night should have been fighting for their world cup shirt and yet they looked liked they couldn't be bothered.

I bet Songs of Praise got a rise in audience figures last night !!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't blame you Carms, it's just that I always live in hope that with all the foreigners in the Prem, a bit of their skills will rub off on enough English plaeyrs to make us a good side. I do think we have some individual good players but as you say, Southgate ain't the man to manage them. Every one of those who played last night should have been fighting for their world cup shirt and yet they looked liked they couldn't be bothered.

I bet Songs of Praise got a rise in audience figures last night !!

I believe i'm right in saying that 75% of Bundesliga players are German.  Less than half in the EPL are English.  I think there lies the problem.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

English thugs vs Russian riot police could be the match of the tournament.

Thats largely a thing of the past.  More a case of English fans getting singled out and blamed.  Personally if you are English i think you'd be daft to go.

16 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats largely a thing of the past.  More a case of English fans getting singled out and blamed.  Personally if you are English i think you'd be daft to go.

Totally agree. If someone offered me free tickets, free flights and free 5 star hotels for the England games, I'd still not go. Football ain't worth putting your life on the line

RUSSIANS:-- Want to get away from all the world cup fuss next June? ...............Book a holiday in Scotland..................:wub:

See you Jimmy.....--sorry our team is Sh1t as well.....probably be home before the postcards.

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

English thugs vs Russian riot police could be the match of the tournament.

As Carms says, I think that's a thing of the past. Most "English thugs" (not all of course) have been identified and aren't allowed to travel anymore. Funnily enough, that only leaves English fans going who actually want to watch a footy match and not fight. The fact that those going aren't fighters leaves them exposed to Russian thugs who want a dust up. Might be best to let the English nutters travel so they can all fill their boots and kick the living daylights out of each other.

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

As Carms says, I think that's a thing of the past. Most "English thugs" (not all of course) have been identified and aren't allowed to travel anymore. Funnily enough, that only leaves English fans going who actually want to watch a footy match and not fight. The fact that those going aren't fighters leaves them exposed to Russian thugs who want a dust up. Might be best to let the English nutters travel so they can all fill their boots and kick the living daylights out of each other.

England fans will not have any problems with Russian thugs at the WC. What you saw in Europe will not happen at the WC. The security and organisation will be very tight.