Landlord reporting lodger!

Maybe you should do it yourself as the form mention the "House master" or "possessor" of the residence can do it.

I read on some posting that some people did it for themselves when they had to renew their extension and it was accepted.

Naturally, if late they had to pay the requested 800 B fine.

I did a TM30 report a few months ago because my niece and 2 friends stayed at my home a few nights using the TM30 and it was accepted.

I gave them the photocopies of my guess passport and TM6 departure card. and they were happy. The TM6 number seem important to them.

I rent the house and the officer said it was good.

^^ Should be done for both parties' sakes, all hotels/apartments should be doing it. Believe there's even a law that says one (alien) should notify imm' if you plan on going out of town for 24 hrs. wacko.png

TM 28

attachicon.giftm28-Change Address Blank.doc

• That law is not enforced and doesn't involve immigration. The requirement is to report to the local police.
  • Immigration only, as a rule, want a change of address (TM28 ) completed by expats moving their permanent registered address.

Ghost Stories

Immigration harrasment. No one reports sweet 0

Not even worry

It's not harassment. I think immigration offices are under orders to enforce the law theses days due to the security concerns over terrorism and the crackdown on foreign criminals.

Offices are enforcing this law more and more, which in most cases doesn't affect the foreigner anyway as it's the responsibility of the hotel/owner/house-master or possessor to report the foreigner.

Edited by elviajero

In the aftermath of the Erewhan blast, Thai law enforcement realized they needed to be able to identify where foreigners of various nationalities were clustered in metropolitan areas. Several local Bangkok police commanders lost their jobs because they had not enforced reporting in their districts and suddenly, landlords everywhere were scrambling to comply. I'd lived in my building for 12+ years and was asked for the first time for my details and a current passport/visa copy. Seems to be relaxing now.

This has been required for sometime in this country, but like most it went by the waste side.

After the bombing in Bangkok, They found out a number of people were overstaying in Thailand. Since then they have started to enforce it. I've been living at a resort on the Darkside for over five years and just recently they ask me for my current passport so they report me to Immigration that I was staying here.

Quick question:

my friend has been married for many years and living with wife at his home (of course he pay for it, but on Tabian Baan wife is the "owner").

Should wife report anytime he turns back home from abroad? He told me they never reported to Immigration local office, as they think being married and already reporting his address in his Visas, that shouldn't be necessary...

This has been required for sometime in this country, but like most it went by the waste side.

After the bombing in Bangkok, They found out a number of people were overstaying in Thailand. Since then they have started to enforce it. I've been living at a resort on the Darkside for over five years and just recently they ask me for my current passport so they report me to Immigration that I was staying here.

Some Imm' offices are giving a slip to keep in your PP to show it has been done.

I'll post a picture of when back to my home PC soon.

I have posted this before... I have several properties all are under and given to my wife and son who are Thai. I do not want the property whatsoever. I also have been renting a space as noted for years. Each time I report and renew my retirement extension I use my wife property as my base. When the manager ask for my passport so she can make the report I was wondering when I go down to do my report and extension what is going to happen. In the end, I just continue to do as before and not say a thing. See if they would ask what was going on... nothing was ever said so I will just continue to do as before and think the right hand has no idea what the left is doing. What they don't know isn't going to hurt them.

This is one for all those who wanted people on ED visa etc to be slung out of the country . You wanted tougher rules and now you got them. So next time you spend more than 24 hours away from your main residence make sure you report yourself. Don't want to end up like those you despised.