Police children involved in handicapped man's death "will be prosecuted like everyone else"

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After wasting time by reading this long and boring story my first thought was: why publish it in the first place, everybody knows what will happen to the police sons, a 500 bath fine and a slap on the wrist, case closed.

It's very simple really , who killed the man and how many years in prison ?

Unfortunately it is very simple in the eyes of the BIB, "Police Children" killed a "Handicapped" (man).

I always wonder how many police children is needed to kill one cripple? five or maybe ten? They have to be incredibly brave, wonder where they get their courage from bah.gif

"Even if those involved are the children of policemen they are still subject to the rule of law like everyone else. Everyone will be prosecuted according to the law,"

You mean like : Chalerm's son, Central Boss, SMS girl, RedBull's heir,... the list is way too long...coffee1.gif

"Even if those involved are the children of policemen they are still subject to the rule of law like everyone else. Everyone will be prosecuted according to the law,"

Keep on dreaming dude, this is Thailand, the hub of corruption.

Amazing that the govt has to say this. Shows just how little faith most have in the legal system.

Their faith is probably Buddhist, Muslim or Christian and have no reason to believe in anything other than nepotism in relation to criminal laws being properly enforced other than by pretense.

While we all know the violent tendencies of Muslims these boys are almost certainly Buddhist, since the attack occurred in Bangkok and 94% of Thailand's population is Buddhist. Also, alcohol has a lot to do with these sorts of incidents (this one is probably no exception) and Muslims don't drink. I also have yet to see any Muslim criminality outside of the southernmost border provinces committed elsewhere in Thailand, with the exception of last year's bombing in Bangkok, but that involved foreign Muslims (Uyghurs).

Christian Thais attacking a defenseless handicapped man? Highly doubtful. There are very few Christians in Thailand. The few that live here are mostly hill tribes living in the border regions of northern Thailand, many of whom are still stateless. These guys are clearly not members of any hill tribe but rather ordinary looking Thai citizens of Thai ethnicity and were at least born Buddhist, though are unlikely to be religious. While Buddhism is generally a peaceful religion, there's no need to beat around the bush regarding the ethnicity or religion of most criminals in Thailand. They are Thai and Buddhist, just like most of the rest of the population.

After wasting time by reading this long and boring story my first thought was: why publish it in the first place, everybody knows what will happen to the police sons, a 500 bath fine and a slap on the wrist, case closed.

While I'm as cynical as you are on the outcome of this case, you are making a serious error of judgement if you think that a murder only warrants a 500 Baht fine.

You may also be confusing cases like where a drunk truck driver kills someone (unintentionally of course) and gets away with a 500 Baht fine. Yes, that happens here.

But if it's murder, then at the very least, the families of the perpetrators will offer a largish sum of money as compensation to the deceased's family to make the problem "go away". For example, it could be 100,000 Baht, or it could be only 30,000 to cover funeral expenses it really depends. The outcome will depend on negotiations with the victims family. If they really are the sons of influential and high ranking police officers, then this would be small change for them as most police officers in those positions will probably make hundreds of thousands (or more) Baht per year, by dubious means and additionally they have influence and power.

So rather than serving any more time in jail, it's likely that the fathers of these boys will be able to buy their way out. However, split 6 ways whether it's 100,000 in total or 30,000 or 50,000, it will be small change.

""Claims that the men acted in self defence will also be examined, he said.""

And there it is; the "Get out of Jail free" card! :-(

Acted in self defence, of course they did- the poor bugger made a comment and their pride was so abused they needed to attack and kill him.

The police parents taught their children right from wrong, INCORRECT.

The police parents taught their children they could do no wrong in the eyes of the law.

The OP says

"But he had some reassuring words for the police parents of the accused. He told reporters: "The parents have not done wrong. They taught their children the right way. What has happened has caused them great distress too. There are 100,000s of good children of police."

What wonderful role models the parents of the perps must be!

Wow..

These attacks is a never-ending story and is occurring everywhere, everyday.

A customer came in this morning asking for assistance. She and her farang boyfriend were on there way back to their room.

Fact: Boyfriend drunk

Fact: Wanted to buy bananas from a street vendor on Soi San so by in Patong.

Fact: She tried to negotiate a lower price.

Fact: Punches were thrown. Man 65 years old. Of course the farang is gang punch.

Fact: The fruit vendor wants 3,000 baht

Fact: Police, don't want to get involved

The moral. Don't drink. Don't buy. Don't come.

Wow..

These attacks is a never-ending story and is occurring everywhere, everyday.

A customer came in this morning asking for assistance. She and her farang boyfriend were on there way back to their room.

Fact: Boyfriend drunk

Fact: Wanted to buy bananas from a street vendor on Soi San so by in Patong.

Fact: She tried to negotiate a lower price.

Fact: Punches were thrown. Man 65 years old. Of course the farang is gang punch.

Fact: The fruit vendor wants 3,000 baht

Fact: Police, don't want to get involved

The moral. Don't drink. Don't buy. Don't come.

I'd love to see statistics on visitors coming to Thailand these days. 2 weeks ago, down south, at least 90% of the tourists were Chinese. They probably don't care what happens here, but farangs do. But we only get total tourist numbers and that makes the ToT happy enough. Until the Chinese juggernaut comes to a grinding halt.

I tot the PM also spoke out about the cases of the rich elites who drove n killed promising results, but till date nothing has happen. Instead a british old man who was involved in motorcycle accident causing the death of 1 was charged with manslaughter n thrown in prison n now this?

maybe I should marry a Thai policewoman and change my ride to a Mercedes-Benz.

and open a beach front restaurant like all the cops seem to have down here in Hua Hin.

of course, the first time I sneak off to visit my gik...

"Two women who were seen in surveillance camera footages shouting and urging the suspects to attack the cripple. Fact.

...............have been summoned by police to testify.

Police said they wanted to know whether the two women were involved in the incident and should be charged or not.

That should be easy enough to decide given the CCTV footage. Find the book and throw it at them!!facepalm.gif

What book?

Dunno..... maybe this one.............. attachicon.gifidioms for idiots.jpg

that's what I was using.

throw the book at
1. To make all possible charges against (a lawbreaker, for example).
2. To reprimand or punish severely.

Not to be confused with "Book 'em, Danno!"

Which is a different book.

The police parents taught their children they could do no wrong in the eyes of the law.

Actually I have never seen a Thai parent giving any worth while input to a Thai child...i.e. Anyone between the ages of zero to infinity....and certainly police parents seem To as you say to act the Mr Big around the area and it's quite clear there beyond the law..mostly..unless social media gets to,see something!! then it's dragged out till they can be moved to inactive posts for awhile

That just means you don't know many Thai people.

What an ignorant statement that is. I know lot's of well-balanced families here with very well behaved and respectful kids.

Both people I have worked with but also in the village I live in. The kids are wonderful. I am one of the few westerners here. The kids are in and out of each others houses all the time, including ours.

You need to spend less time in the gutter. Of course, the drug addicted kids of single-parent prostitutes will not have had good parenting.

Interesting. Good thing you have such a sweeping knowledge of Thai people to enlighten us with. So. According to you, the miscreants who are the topic here are drug-addicted kids not from "well-balanced families", and the cops who are their parents are married to prostitutes? My, that's a lot of insight!

Actually I have never seen a Thai parent giving any worth while input to a Thai child...i.e. Anyone between the ages of zero to infinity....and certainly police parents seem To as you say to act the Mr Big around the area and it's quite clear there beyond the law..mostly..unless social media gets to,see something!! then it's dragged out till they can be moved to inactive posts for awhile

That just means you don't know many Thai people.

What an ignorant statement that is. I know lot's of well-balanced families here with very well behaved and respectful kids.

Both people I have worked with but also in the village I live in. The kids are wonderful. I am one of the few westerners here. The kids are in and out of each others houses all the time, including ours.

You need to spend less time in the gutter. Of course, the drug addicted kids of single-parent prostitutes will not have had good parenting.

Interesting. Good thing you have such a sweeping knowledge of Thai people to enlighten us with. So. According to you, the miscreants who are the topic here are drug-addicted kids not from "well-balanced families", and the cops who are their parents are married to prostitutes? My, that's a lot of insight!

Nope.

Your comprehension skills are lacking.

Read the post I am replying to.

"Two women who were seen in surveillance camera footages shouting and urging the suspects to attack the cripple have been summoned by police to testify. Police said they wanted to know whether the two women were involved in the incident and should be charged or not."

The Police are going to ASK, despite seeing the video evidence? Is this the beginning of finding a way out for the two women?

Why involve the handicapped mans sister. If some one harms her these young killers parent should be held as suspects and the police group that they work with should be investegaited! But the so called children still should be charged with murder! My father will get me out of this killing no problem. They think they are untouchable!

Why involve the handicapped mans sister. If some one harms her these young killers parent should be held as suspects and the police group that they work with should be investegaited! But the so called children still should be charged with murder! My father will get me out of this killing no problem. They think they are untouchable!

Nobb. The sister is a witness and the children have been charged with murder. What is your point?

"Two women who were seen in surveillance camera footages shouting and urging the suspects to attack the cripple. Fact.

...............have been summoned by police to testify.

Police said they wanted to know whether the two women were involved in the incident and should be charged or not.

That should be easy enough to decide given the CCTV footage. Find the book and throw it at them!!facepalm.gif

What book?

Dunno..... maybe this one.............. attachicon.gifidioms for idiots.jpg

that's what I was using.

throw the book at

1. To make all possible charges against (a lawbreaker, for example).

2. To reprimand or punish severely.

Not to be confused with "Book 'em, Danno!"

Which is a different book.

Or confused with the bookmakers, as in - what's the book odd's for this race.

Edited by Artisi

a "fair treatment" in Thailand: a small fine and a suspended sentence....

What we have here is a case of like father like son, so send the kids to an inactive place like an old school building where they can practise shooting each other with paint ball guns.

A few kick boxing lessons also thrown in.

Where is the 500 baht for murder you talk of? Agreed rich people can get away with things. Are you saying that there are no people that have committed murder in prison? Do you actually read any news apart from TV Forum?

a "fair treatment" in Thailand: a small fine and a suspended sentence....

What we have here is a case of like father like son, so send the kids to an inactive place like an old school building where they can practise shooting each other with paint ball guns.

A few kick boxing lessons also thrown in.

You have that wrong, they should be issued with live rounds and the surviving <deleted> from the shoot-out walks free?

In a country with equal justice it should not need to be mentioned that kids of coppers will be prosecuted like anyone else. That statement tells me that prosecution of coppers kids is not the norm.

Like I predicted...the people who witnessed the crime or exposed this crime and submitted the video evidence are being intimidated and threatened.

And one of the perpetrators was hacked and wounded while I surmise that guy will lie and say the man in the wheel chair pulled a knife on him and attacked him and he suffered that particular injury while he was injured in self defense.

Maybe ...Just maybe these guys will go to prison....but I doubt that as prosecution and being prosecuted here in Thailand does not mean prison time when strings can be pulled and people manipulated to steer justice off course....way off course.

Cheers

Like I predicted...the people who witnessed the crime or exposed this crime and submitted the video evidence are being intimidated and threatened.

And one of the perpetrators was hacked and wounded while I surmise that guy will lie and say the man in the wheel chair pulled a knife on him and attacked him and he suffered that particular injury while he was injured in self defense.

Maybe ...Just maybe these guys will go to prison....but I doubt that as prosecution and being prosecuted here in Thailand does not mean prison time when strings can be pulled and people manipulated to steer justice off course....way off course.

Cheers

"Like you predicted " " Maybe just maybe. Time to give up on serious news?