Dilma’s impeachment moves one step closer as commission backs removal

snoop1130

Dilma’s impeachment moves one step closer as commission backs removal

606x341_331857.jpg

BRAZIL -- The head of Brazil’s Senate commission considering the impeachment of President Dilma Rousseff has recommended that the legal process for her removal from office should continue.

The 21-member commission is due to vote on the findings of the 126-page document into the alleged wrongdoings of Dilma Rousseff.

Rousseff is accused of violating fiscal law by shifting around government funds to make up shortfalls. Her many accusers say she did it to bolster flagging support ahead of a general election.

President Rousseff is determined to fight against the impeachment process:
“There is a movement for impeachment in Brazil today, which I will fight against with all my being, because I’m safe in the knowledge that I have not committed an impeachable offence.”

The full Senate is due to vote on her impeachment on May 11, if a majority of the Senate votes against her she will be suspended from office for up to 180 days as the impeachment trial runs its course.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-05

"because I’m safe in the knowledge that I have not committed an impeachable offence.”

Not safe in the knowledge that she did not commit an offence, only an impeachable offence, yeah right.

Just moved back to Thailand from Brazil, very happy to be out of that shithole.