Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Ancelotti tips Luiz for the top

Carlo Ancelotti has tipped David Luiz to become one of the world's best defenders after confirming he will make his first Chelsea start against Fulham.

The £21million centre-back came off the bench to make his debut in last week's 1-0 defeat by Liverpool and came through Brazil's midweek friendly against France unscathed.

Blues boss Ancelotti admitted the 23-year-old would be starting at Craven Cottage on Monday and believes his arrival will bring the best out of his squad.

"He will start on Monday," the Italian told the club's official website. "David Luiz is a very good defender because he has the ability and skills to play in all the positions in the back four; centre-back, left-back - he has never played right-back but he has the quality to.

"He is Brazilian so obviously has very good technique and he can help us to build our play better from the back.

"I think he will be one of the best defenders in the world in the future. He is young but has fantastic experience - he played for Benfica and in the Champions League.

"We are upset because he cannot play in the Champions League for us but he can show his quality in the Premier League and FA Cup.

"With David Luiz, we can have more rotation and maintain freshness in the other defenders. Now we have a lot of opportunity to choose players, give someone a rest and keep every defender fit for the rest of the season.

"When a good player with a lot of skill improves the squad, everyone is happy. In the top teams there is competition to play. This is normal and a good motivation for everyone."

Luiz's compatriot Alex is Ancelotti's only confirmed injury in defence, with right-back Jose Bosingwa hopeful of recovering from a minor problem to be available for Monday's west London derby.

Luiz feels he is adapting well to life at Stamford Bridge and is willing to play anywhere across the back four if it means establishing himself in the Blues' defence.

"I am very happy here at Chelsea, I'm settling well," he said. "Everyone made me welcome and I am looking forward to being a player for Chelsea.

"Every player likes to play, to be part of the team, and during my career I have been tried in different positions. I am just happy I can help regardless of which position it is.

"I want to learn the philosophy of the club, learn how the club likes to go forward, and work with the aim to become a better player.

"Usually the strikers get the spotlight because they are the ones that bring the joy and the goals but I am just happy to be here to help Chelsea conquer all their aims and be successful in my new career here."

Hopefully we'll see off the black cats today and put you under even more pressure for monday.

Abramovich flying in I hope to heap even more on your beleagered boss.....oh happy days....:)

Your lot were lucky again, pressure is mounting but it shouldn't be so as we are not gona win the league this year, we just have to make sure of a top four and do well in the Champions League,

there is talk of Carlo walking in the summer, I'm fecked off with the constant changing of the managers, I'm hoping he will still be in charge when I see the Blues play in Bangkok.

Hopefully we'll see off the black cats today and put you under even more pressure for monday.

Abramovich flying in I hope to heap even more on your beleagered boss.....oh happy days....:)

Your lot were lucky again, pressure is mounting but it shouldn't be so as we are not gona win the league this year, we just have to make sure of a top four and do well in the Champions League,

there is talk of Carlo walking in the summer, I'm fecked off with the constant changing of the managers, I'm hoping he will still be in charge when I see the Blues play in Bangkok.

I forgot to mention how much the Fulham lot will be wanting to beat you....their biggest game of the season this one....they'll be well up for it....hehe

Your manager might well be sacked by Tuesday morning.....even happier today...ching ching! :D

Lampard wants perfect finish

Frank Lampard believes Chelsea need to win all of their remaining fixtures if they are to defend their title.

The Blues are in danger of seeing the Premier League crown they secured in 2009/10 slip through their grasp.

Thirteen points currently separate Carlo Ancelotti's side from leaders Manchester United, although they will get the opportunity to cut that gap in Monday's derby date with Fulham.

It is imperative they take maximum points from the Cottagers clash, with it vital to build momentum heading down the final stretch.

Lampard is well aware of that, with the midfielder of the opinion that Chelsea may have to win 13 games in a row in order to come out on top.

He said: "We know we can get back into the picture. It will take a huge effort because we need to win all our games and hope other clubs slip up.

"We can't afford to think about United too much. Our aim is to get a run of wins together so that we can close the gap before we play them.

"It will only swing our way if we can get it down to around six points before we play them."

Chelsea are due to play host to the Red Devils on 1st March and will go to Old Trafford on 7th May.

Lampard admits those ties could be pivotal, with the Blues desperate to avoid ending the season empty-handed.

"The desire is still there in the dressing room, there is no doubt about that," added the England international.

"Winning things is like a drug. When we win Premier League titles and FA Cups we want to keep that feeling of success.

"The players are fully aware that we had a terrible run during November, December and even into January. Football seasons can be like that.

"This is the moment when the big players and the big personalities stand up. The two games against Manchester United will be massive, but whether they will decide the title or not, I don't know."

I'm hoping he will still be in charge when I see the Blues play in Bangkok.

didnt realise you are still around :lol:

when are they playing in bkk?

i wonder if i should mention when they last played here.....nah better not :whistling:

Ancelotti tips Luiz for the top

Carlo Ancelotti has tipped David Luiz to become one of the world's best defenders after confirming he will make his first Chelsea start against Fulham.

This stuff has more than a hint of desperation about it.

When managers start talking about this or that [new event/new player/recent scraped win] on the basis that he world will start spinning on a new axis forthwith you know their fingernails are already scratching their way down the top slopes of that precipice.

Shame, I thought he had more composure than this.

I'm hoping he will still be in charge when I see the Blues play in Bangkok.

didnt realise you are still around :lol:

when are they playing in bkk?

i wonder if i should mention when they last played here.....nah better not :whistling:

Yeah I'm still around, Chelsea are playing in Bangkok July 24th.....you coming over to watch it? :D

:D Good save by Cech...:whistling:

You're fifth and you know you are......:lol:

Totally dominated the game, we have seem to forgotten how to score, Torres just needs one to kick start his Chelsea season and Luiz is gona be an excellent player for us, great play all round except for that dubious pen decision.

Totally dominated the game, we have seem to forgotten how to score, Torres just needs one to kick start his Chelsea season and Luiz is gona be an excellent player for us, great play all round except for that dubious pen decision.

Fulham played well and contained you. Kept hold of the ball well and were unlucky not to nick it at the end.

Do you not think they know you have a more talented side?

Play to your strenghts Seapok.....time to gel etc.....UEFA Cup next season...plenty of time then old son! :D

I Agree,,,,,,bring on the toffee,s sat.B)

Its a real pressure "must win" for Chelsea and you will probably bottle it. ;)

Luiz looks an excellent player but nothing dubious about the penalty. It was another one of those clumsy challenges defenders are wont to make when there is no need. Chelsea should have had a penalty earlier when Malouda was flattened in the box. A free anywhere outside the area but not given inside the penalty area.

Ancellotti is going to find it even more difficult from now on to keep all the egos in check.

Its a real pressure "must win" for Chelsea and you will probably bottle it. ;)

Another myopic Chelski fan....Seapok will be over the moon...!

I hope you were both watching last night...hohoho!

As for pressure...your boss is sitting on the precipice in my opinion...."The Russians are coming.....!" :o:D

Frank Lampard warns of Chelsea 'disaster'

Frank Lampard has admitted it would be a "disaster" if Chelsea failed to qualify for next season's Champions League.

A goalless draw against Fulham on Monday saw the champions remain in fifth place in the Premier League.

With Chelsea trailing leaders Manchester United by 12 points, the 32-year-old midfielder denied that the cup competitions were now the priority.

Speaking at the launch of the England Footballers' Foundation, Lampard told BBC Sport: "We must finish in the top four and can never take our eye off the ball, it would be a disaster if we didn't qualify."

Chelsea host Everton in round four of the FA Cup on Saturday and play FC Copenhagen in the first knockout round of the Champions League three days later.

And Lampard admitted that the two competitions were now vital to his club.

He said: "There's huge importance because you can see the league's going to be difficult and that means it's more important to reach finals."

The club's record signing Fernando Torres has failed to score in the two matches he has played since his £50m move from Liverpool but Lampard also backed his team-mate to star for his new club.

"He's made a huge difference," he said. "No, he hasn't scored in two games but all the spotlight is on him.

"There's a huge responsibility, people are looking to him to do it instantly, but he will make a difference to us.

"He's a top-class player, he has boosted the lads already and for sure will come good, he's going to add to us in a big way.

"David Luiz has come in as well and has been fantastic."

With £25m for Luiz, Chelsea splashed out £75m on transfer window deadline day and Lampard said he was delighted by the January spending spree.

"I was slightly surprised but it was very exciting and I was pleased," he said. "It's a huge boost to have such quality players that we needed at the time.

"We haven't spent much in recent years compared to some by our standards, but last season we won the [League and FA Cup] double and this was a good time for us to go into the market.

"I'm just thankful we've got the funds to do this."

Lampard admitted Chelsea's inconsistent form this season has been down to "a few factors".

"We haven't performed as well, there's been injuries, and some unsettling moments, but if you don't perform you fall behind in the title race and that's the reason really."

Lampard is the nephew of Harry Redknapp, and after seeing his uncle mastermind Spurs' victory over AC Milan on Tuesday, the Chelsea player admitted he would like to see him manage England after Fabio Capello steps down in 2012.

"There'd be a few candidates," he said. "It's for him and the FA to decide but it'd be nice if it were an English manager.

"At the moment Harry's doing a fantastic job at Spurs and if he has an opportunity to manage England I'm sure he'd be an outstanding manager. But at the moment we have to play for Capello and we have to win something."

Lampard captained England to victory over Denmark on 9 February but insists there is still a lot of work to do before the national team can claim to have fully recovered from their World Cup debacle in South Africa.

"Since the World Cup we've had good and not so good results," he said. "We haven't turned the corner yet. That is a process and takes time. "When we reach the European Championships and do better than we did at the World Cup then we can say we have."

^ He's changed his tune pretty quick aint he mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He has obviously just stood back and looked at the bigger picture, we have far too much to do now so retaining the title is out the window, finishing in the top 4 and winning the FA Cup and Champions League has to be the priorities.

If we kept slipping down the league I wouldn't care just as long as we finished above Spurs as we have done for soooooo many years!

He has obviously just stood back and looked at the bigger picture, we have far too much to do now so retaining the title is out the window, finishing in the top 4 and winning the FA Cup and Champions League has to be the priorities.

If we kept slipping down the league I wouldn't care just as long as we finished above Spurs as we have done for soooooo many years!

Thats right mate, what a joy it must be to be a small club with fair weather supporters that has an oligarch to buy them trophies. :rolleyes:

Thats right mate, what a joy it must be to be a small club with fair weather supporters that has an oligarch to buy them trophies. :rolleyes:

What with Moyes being a Scot I reckon I'll cheer on Everton today....and of course when Chelksi get knocked out it'll be one less excuse! :D

Everton win 4-3 on penalties after 1-1 draw. Leighton Baines equalized from a free kick with 90 seconds left in ET. Frank Lampard had put Chelsea ahead early in ET. Chelsea now seem to be a shadow of last season. Of course in they won the Champions League all would be forgiven but on this form not a hope.

Ironically Baines had his penalty saved in the shoot out. Chelsea led 2-0 but then Anelka with a one step back had his saved. Chelsea fans must love him. Moscow and now this. It was 3-3 with 4 each taken. Ashley Cole high and wide and Phil Neville hammered home the decisive penalty.

Hallo,

just read in our newspapers that the Danish sports director of FC Chelsea, Frank Arnesen, has signed a 3 years contract with Hamburger SV. In 2004 Arnesen was manager with Tottenham Hotspurs and moved to Chelsea in 2005.

It is said that Frank Arnesen will start his new job as sports manager in Hamburg latest on 01 July 2011.

Just home from watching the game, very disappointing, we seem to run out of ideas once we cross the half way line. Why does Anelka step up for pens if he isn't confident enough to take one.

Drogba is a pathetic excuse for a man, little knock early on and sulks for the rest of the half, if he came out fighting to start with we might of been more productive in front of goal! :(

Just home from watching the game, very disappointing, we seem to run out of ideas once we cross the half way line. Why does Anelka step up for pens if he isn't confident enough to take one.

Drogba is a pathetic excuse for a man, little knock early on and sulks for the rest of the half, if he came out fighting to start with we might of been more productive in front of goal! :(

brilliant-mcdonald-s-sign-1.jpg

:lol:

(We're lovin' it!)

Seapok, just want to say that your Club are giving me one almighty headache..

Obviously, i'd despise another successful World Cup winning esque T*ttingham Season where they finish 4th & think they're the best Team in the World, but at the expense of your 2 bob Rent Boy, souless pile of sh*te Club imploding ??

It makes me unsure...;)

If only Deludedpool weren't so utterly sh*t..

Obviously, i'd despise another successful World Cup winning esque T*ttingham Season where they finish 4th & think they're the best Team in the World, but at the expense of your 2 bob Rent Boy, souless pile of sh*te Club imploding ??

It makes me unsure...;)

Dont you worry that little head of yours on us son, apart from Man U our upcoming fixtures look quite good for us, if we don't finish 4th or above come May I will be buy you beers all night when I'm over in July.....deal?

It makes me unsure...;)

Dont you worry that little head of yours on us son, apart from Man U our upcoming fixtures look quite good for us, if we don't finish 4th or above come May I will be buy you beers all night when I'm over in July.....deal?

:o You're mad....or rich! :lol: