Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

But that was in black and white.

"People should know when they are defeated" Quit now mate, Alfredo's running rings round youbiggrin.png

Yeah,call it a day mjj. You must know by now you are up against the top anorak of nerds inc.

Thats a big assumption made without having met me but if you're happy i'm happy. As i said i don't carry the stigma of being a chelsea fan. Go stand amongst them at WHL and tell me i'm wrong.wink.png but for now jerk.gif

Edited by carmine

But that was in black and white.

"People should know when they are defeated" Quit now mate, Alfredo's running rings round youbiggrin.png

Yeah,call it a day mjj. You must know by now you are up against the top anorak of nerds inc.

Thats a big assumption made without having met me but if you're happy i'm happy. As i said i don't carry the stigma of being a chelsea fan. Go stand amongst them at WHL and tell me i'm wrong.wink.png but for now jerk.gif

I was,ofcourse,referring to the efforts of the Wikipedia whizz kid, Alfredo.

This would be my team to play Wigan:

Turnbull in goal (because there's nobody else).

My back four would be Cole,Cahill,Ivanovic,(who had probably his worst game of his career against Newcastle. Two of their goals were down to his inept attempts to close down crosses from Santon. He's only in because of Terry's lack of pace against Kobe and Di Santo. ) and Azpillicueta at right back. A holding midfield pairing of Luiz and Bertrand and an attacking midfield of Hazard,Lampard,Ramires with Mata drifting into a more forward,but not exclusive role,

OK heres a question for my mate oldgit, mjj, who i'm warming to and Keith if he's calmed down....

What with the mighty Chels capitulating from winning positions don't you think that you would have been better signing a midfield enforcer to boss the center of the field a bit?

Mikel Obi is a decent player but not good enough for that role. Your midfield has the very obvious quality but no leadership about it. Just asking chaps....

Personally I think you are spot on Carmine. Our midfield, although has a lot of talent and flair (Mata, Hazard and Oscar) we are a bit light weight. Mikel is OK, but we need a more dominant midfielder that can 'bully' the opposition.

I'm expecting to come under criticism for this, but I like Luiz as a DM. Yes, he can be a bit erratic at times, but he lets opponents know he's there, wins a lot of balls and never shirks from a challenge.

What frustrates me the most about our team is playing with a single striker that is so out of form/rubbish/past it, whatever.

We have a good young team, that should get better next season. The only positions Roman should splash the cash on are a striker and as you say a DM.

OK heres a question for my mate oldgit, mjj, who i'm warming to and Keith if he's calmed down....

What with the mighty Chels capitulating from winning positions don't you think that you would have been better signing a midfield enforcer to boss the center of the field a bit?

Mikel Obi is a decent player but not good enough for that role. Your midfield has the very obvious quality but no leadership about it. Just asking chaps....

We have a midfield bristling with inventiveness that don't know how to tackle. Even worse,they don't close down players and,when the other team counter attacks,Mata,Lampard,Cole (when he pushes forward),Oscar and Hazard are unable or,more to the point,unwilling to flood back to protect the centre backs. Lampard and Ramires are no more holding midfield players than I am, because they haven't got the discipline as,for instance,Mekele. The worrying aspect of this scenario is that it is looking like the sort of play that cost Villas Boas his job and it is very un-Benitez like.Is Abramovich and his cronies poking their noses in again?

It was for all to see how impressive Fernandinho was in that role for Shakhtar against us in the Champions League. He was the guvnor in both matches and would have been the ideal acquisition for us. But why is it always the bleedin' obvious when we target a player? It must be the cushiest job in football, being a scout for Chelsea, because all they do is read the back pages of the dailies or scour the internet. Get up off your backsides and do what your name implies!

Keep your friends close but your enemy closer eh Carmine.smile.png You make a good point but Chelsea,s problems are not going to be solved by buying more players.imho

The whole structure inside the club needs to change.But thats for another day

Luiz is the nearest thing we have to a Makalele,granted Mikel could do that role and so could Ramires,but all 3 lack discipline.. and there lies the rub

.I am not convinced by Benetiz and can,t wait till he is gone,he ask,s players to play in one position one week and somewhere else the next Luiz and Ramires and Oscar being classic examples of this.ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What Chelsea need in imho is a newTeam Captain,not Terry not Frank or Chech or Cole.

Looking forward to Moses retuning though,i do like him and Rafa will give him the last 90 seconds against Sparta whoopeeeeeeeeeeee

Was that calm enough?thumbsup.gif

Big game against Wigan. Chelsea have to win with 3 cup matches in 7 days to follow, then City away 3 days after that. Playing like you are, technically you could be 6th by March, more likely 5th I think. With United, Spurs and LFC to play before the end of the season, tough finish.

The spending limit rule has now been passed, interesting to see how the Roman business model will be affected. The cycle could be shifting downwards towards pre-Roman times....

Big game against Wigan. Chelsea have to win with 3 cup matches in 7 days to follow, then City away 3 days after that. Playing like you are, technically you could be 6th by March, more likely 5th I think. With United, Spurs and LFC to play before the end of the season, tough finish.

The spending limit rule has now been passed, interesting to see how the Roman business model will be affected. The cycle could be shifting downwards towards pre-Roman times....

TBH, I don't think Roman needs to spend big for a while as many of our players are young. Without going to make sure I think Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Marin, Mikel, Dave, maybe Ramirez are all 25 or under there abouts. Plus we have Courtois, Lukaku, Piazon and DeBruyne out on loan who are all very young.

TBH, I don't think Roman needs to spend big for a while as many of our players are young. Without going to make sure I think Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Marin, Mikel, Dave, maybe Ramirez are all 25 or under there abouts. Plus we have Courtois, Lukaku, Piazon and DeBruyne out on loan who are all very young.

You might be right.....just an enforcer in the middle and some discipline....

I'm just wondering whether Roman will get the hump with not being able to spend........or will he find a way around it

Will this bridge the gap with the have and have nots in the league....

I'm just wondering whether Roman will get the hump with not being able to spend........or will he find a way around it

No mate it won,t and you will always be fighting for sixth spotcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No mate it won,t and you will always be fighting for sixth spotcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think our future is looking brighter than it has in years, and our plan to infiltrate your ranks and plot your demise is working very well.....keep up the good work Fernando and Rafa

we'll see who has the last laugh thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Keep your friends close but your enemy closer eh Carmine.smile.png You make a good point but Chelsea,s problems are not going to be solved by buying more players.imho

Luiz is the nearest thing we have to a Makalele,granted Mikel could do that role and so could Ramires,but all 3 lack discipline.. and there lies the rub

.I am not convinced by Benetiz and can,t wait till he is gone,he ask,s players to play in one position one week and somewhere else the next Luiz and Ramires and Oscar being classic examples of this.ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What Chelsea need in imho is a newTeam Captain,not Terry not Frank or Chech or Cole.

Looking forward to Moses retuning though,i do like him and Rafa will give him the last 90 seconds against Sparta whoopeeeeeeeeeeee

Too calm mate, preferred you the way you were. All crazed and unpredictable.... get off the meds!! biggrin.png

In answer to my own question i think you need a Makalele. ptoblem is they come around once in a generation.

You are now Mad Dog Simmonds,Keith.

You are now Mad Dog Simmonds,Keith.

Og I,ll be more than a Mad Dog if we don,t get a second or 3rd and put this game to bed.crazy.gif

Benitez doesn't think Moses exists.

Is that in the Bib-lical sense?blink.pngblink.png

Is that in the Bib-lical sense?blink.pngblink.png

Yep....i was going to start talking prophets and monty python but you got it in one. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday, should be a good one, well saying that we didn't look too impressive playing Sparta last night. Torres has become cringeworthy to watch, yes he does try but he should of scored at least 6 goals last night. Moses is a player I don't get, I really don't understand how he is becoming a regular over Hazard, last night Rafa should of taken him off at the 60 min mark instead of taking one of our best players on the night Oscar.

Regarding Torres, he's embarrassing to watch and I now feel embarrassed for him, I really hope he goes in the summer - for his own sanity more than anything else.

I don't get Rafa's selection either. Hazard is fresh after his ban and Mata is playing all the time and he rests Hazard - odd decision IMO.