Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I don"t understand Rafa's tactics, Dave has been great lately and he gets dropped. Also, this was exactly the type of game that Luiz should have been in midfield. Taking off Lampard was a bad idea because even when he is not playing well he can pop up with a goal.

Something I can't get my head around is our inability to make a striker effective. Ba was anonymous and so was Torres when he came on. We have so much talent in midfield and defence it just weird that we cant get a striker to work. Maybe we need to change our formation, this lone striker tactic is just not working IMO.

I don"t understand Rafa's tactics, Dave has been great lately and he gets dropped. Also, this was exactly the type of game that Luiz should have been in midfield. Taking off Lampard was a bad idea because even when he is not playing well he can pop up with a goal.

Something I can't get my head around is our inability to make a striker effective. Ba was anonymous and so was Torres when he came on. We have so much talent in midfield and defence it just weird that we cant get a striker to work. Maybe we need to change our formation, this lone striker tactic is just not working IMO.

I remember a poster on this thread, not long ago, complaining about the lack of effort defensively in midfield. Very much on display last night I thought. Not enough consistent pressure on the ball. Poor workrate defensively by Mikel and Hazard. Mata works his butt off, but too many holes defensively in midfield. Of course Silva can frustrate some of the best defenders.

Watching Chelsea, you have to wonder about the team's mentality. They seem up and down, completely unpredictable from one week to the next. Benitez is the eighth coach since the Special One left in September 2007. Too bad for y'all that Abramovich doesn't appear to be one of those wealthy Russians that Putin wants to "liquidate".whistling.gif

Yes strange decisions. You need goals and he takes off Lampard, a prolific goal scoring mid! I was bemused by that one.

Lacklustre and un-inspiring (benetiz that is).Taxi for the fat one please wai2.gif

This was an ideal opportunity to put pressure on a team that was low on confidence. Even the TV pundits thought so and started to backtrack,once they saw the City line up (when they start to tip up your team,though,it's usually time to run for cover). They should have looked,more closely,at Benitez's picks because they were equally uninspiring. Ivanovic has gone from one of the best defenders in the Premiership to a complete waste of space. His tackling and closing down is now a pitiful semblance of what it used to be. I'd have him alongside Joey Jones as one of the worst full backs in the history of the club. Luiz looked lethargic,unfit and disinterested. But for Cahill's heroics in the first half,we could and should have been 3 down by the break. It was sheer good fortune that we caught Aguerro in a phase where he isn't firing on all cylinders. Demba Ba spent most of the game adjusting his face mask for the cameras.The people that 'know' still insist that Ashley Cole is one of the best and quickest full backs in the world. I would have Ryan Bertrand over him any day of the week and when someone like Rodwell starts causing havoc in the penalty area,you know you've got to be struggling.

Our midfield,good at going forward,are clueless at closing down and tackling and their lack of pace was evident throughout the game. Mata was playing just behind Ba and was anonymous in the first half. If they were supposed to put pressure City's 'makeshift' centre back partnership when they had the ball,well, cream puff comes to mind on their efforts. The thought processes,going through Lampard's mind before he took the penalty,were non existent for a player of his experience. "Joe Hart,England goalkeeper,I've trained with him a million times and he KNOWS I like to put it low to his right so I think I'll do that won't I?" while I was yelling at the TV " Straight down the middle and off the ground,you dumbell." It was a thoroughly insipid performance overall,by our shower, and a well deserved win for City who's fragile confidence grew as the game wore on.

• Like 1

Like i said, theres going to be an almighty scrap for 2nd, 3rd and fourth. Should be great for the neutral.

Tonights the night you have to show your grit Carms. Leap frog Chelsea by 2 points and that will put you 5 behind us, which will indeed cause a scrap in the run in. If you don't (albeit I'm not saying it will be all over) but you'll have a mountain to climb for 2nd.

• Like 1

Like i said, theres going to be an almighty scrap for 2nd, 3rd and fourth. Should be great for the neutral.

Tonights the night you have to show your grit Carms. Leap frog Chelsea by 2 points and that will put you 5 behind us, which will indeed cause a scrap in the run in. If you don't (albeit I'm not saying it will be all over) but you'll have a mountain to climb for 2nd.

To be fair i still think we will do an Arsenal and implode !!!! just a matter of how much.

Lacklustre and un-inspiring (benetiz that is).Taxi for the fat one please wai2.gif

This was an ideal opportunity to put pressure on a team that was low on confidence. Even the TV pundits thought so and started to backtrack,once they saw the City line up (when they start to tip up your team,though,it's usually time to run for cover). They should have looked,more closely,at Benitez's picks because they were equally uninspiring. Ivanovic has gone from one of the best defenders in the Premiership to a complete waste of space. His tackling and closing down is now a pitiful semblance of what it used to be. I'd have him alongside Joey Jones as one of the worst full backs in the history of the club. Luiz looked lethargic,unfit and disinterested. But for Cahill's heroics in the first half,we could and should have been 3 down by the break. It was sheer good fortune that we caught Aguerro in a phase where he isn't firing on all cylinders. Demba Ba spent most of the game adjusting his face mask for the cameras.The people that 'know' still insist that Ashley Cole is one of the best and quickest full backs in the world. I would have Ryan Bertrand over him any day of the week and when someone like Rodwell starts causing havoc in the penalty area,you know you've got to be struggling.

Our midfield,good at going forward,are clueless at closing down and tackling and their lack of pace was evident throughout the game. Mata was playing just behind Ba and was anonymous in the first half. If they were supposed to put pressure City's 'makeshift' centre back partnership when they had the ball,well, cream puff comes to mind on their efforts. The thought processes,going through Lampard's mind before he took the penalty,were non existent for a player of his experience. "Joe Hart,England goalkeeper,I've trained with him a million times and he KNOWS I like to put it low to his right so I think I'll do that won't I?" while I was yelling at the TV " Straight down the middle and off the ground,you dumbell." It was a thoroughly insipid performance overall,by our shower, and a well deserved win for City who's fragile confidence grew as the game wore on.

Im with you on Cole,what a totally negative player he is,don,t think i have EVER seen him push the ball past a player and take him on,.no its sideways or back.Ivanovich is a shadow of his former self,and Ramires is being asked to do everything and more

.It,s all pretty poor really,a plethora of talent in midfield but no leader.

Big question is will lightning strike 3 times.ie Avb sacked after a defeat against WBA,Rdm sacked after defeat to WBA and this saturday.....................WBAwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by keithsimmonds

lets get it straight b4 everyone kic's of on me, i'm not a great torres fan, but its interesting what benitez said unfortunately i cant find the article, but basically what he said was that the role of a sole striker has changed,b4 it was get the ball up to him asasp and mid's pic up the bits now what his primary , and done properly it works, is to run across in front and behind the line of defense and drag defenders around making space for the attacking midfielders to exploit. from the times ive seen it work well the sole 'striker' has to have a dogmatic and insatiable work rate , tbh IMO, neither ba or torres suit the style.

You're so right mate!biggrin.png

To be fair i still think we will do an Arsenal and implode !!!! just a matter of how much.

I thought you already took that mantle last year. I doubt anyone will implode this year - tight to the end I suspect. Man City has true class in depth - no way are they in play for anything other than second

• Like 1

I thought you already took that mantle last year. I doubt anyone will implode this year - tight to the end I suspect. Man City has true class in depth - no way are they in play for anything other than second

Oh really....second stupid post of the day and its only 11.45. laugh.png

There is no divine right to anything any more...no matter how much cash you have.

Owning the ref association excepted of course. :blink:

If we beat Le Arse then Citeh it is all to play for.

>Im with you on Cole,what a totally negative player he is,don,t think i have EVER seen him push the ball past a player and take him on,.no its sideways or back.Ivanovich is a shadow of his former self,and Ramires is being asked to do everything and more

.It,s all pretty poor really,a plethora of talent in midfield but no leader.

Big question is will lightning strike 3 times.ie Avb sacked after a defeat against WBA,Rdm sacked after defeat to WBA and this saturday.....................WBAwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

When I talk about pace,Keith,I'm really talking about accelleration from a standing start. Mata? Well, I could give him a race over 10 yds. Mikel,Cole,Ivanovic,Terry,Lampard are devoid of any foot. Ramirez,Luiz and Cahill need to build up a head of steam which leaves Hazard,Oscar and Marin as the only one's left with true early pace. I make Ba quicker than Torres initially but Torres would front him over 100 yds.,I reckon. I'd like to see Ake in action as I haven't a clue about him.

You're dead right about Cole and I think that the densest thicko in football must have cottoned on to that by now,except the TV couch judges,ofcourse, who still enjoy a drink or three with 'Coley' and wouldn't dream of crapping on their mate, even if it meant lying through their teeth in the hope that the viewing public believe everything they say.

I'm always loath to instinctively blame the coach for all the ills with the team. These expensively assembled internationally acclaimed players should shoulder 95% of the blame. It's not like they're not getting paid. No matter who the coach is,they should give it their all for the club,look at themselves after the game and say "I reckon I earned my bunce",and toddle off home to their expensive pads.

Lacklustre and un-inspiring (benetiz that is).Taxi for the fat one please

Our midfield,good at going forward,are clueless at closing down and tackling and their lack of pace was evident throughout the game. Mata was playing just behind Ba and was anonymous in the first half. If they were supposed to put pressure City's 'makeshift' centre back partnership when they had the ball,well, cream puff comes to mind on their efforts. The thought processes,going through Lampard's mind before he took the penalty,were non existent for a player of his experience. "Joe Hart,England goalkeeper,I've trained with him a million times and he KNOWS I like to put it low to his right so I think I'll do that won't I?" while I was yelling at the TV " Straight down the middle and off the ground,you dumbell." It was a thoroughly insipid performance overall,by our shower, and a well des

When I talk about pace,Keith,I'm really talking about accelleration from a standing start. Mata? Well, I could give him a race over 10 yds. Mikel,Cole,Ivanovic,Terry,Lampard are devoid of any foot. Ramirez,Luiz and Cahill need to build up a head of steam which leaves Hazard,Oscar and Marin as the only one's left with true early pace. I make Ba quicker than Torres initially but Torres would front him over 100 yds.,I reckon. I'd like to see Ake in action as I haven't a clue about him.

You're dead right about Cole and I think that the densest thicko in football must have cottoned on to that by now,except the TV couch judges,ofcourse, who still enjoy a drink or three with 'Coley' and wouldn't dream of crapping on their mate, even if it meant lying through their teeth in the hope that the viewing public believe everything they say.

I'm always loath to instinctively blame the coach for all the ills with the team. These expensively assembled internationally acclaimed players should shoulder 95% of the blame. It's not like they're not getting paid. No matter who the coach is,they should give it their all for the club,look at themselves after the game and say "I reckon I earned my bunce",and toddle off home to their expensive pads.

Lately i feel very angry and physically and emotionally drained watching Chelsea, i thought Benetiz new what he was doing when he first took over but the defeat at home to Qpr and him not reacting to Adkins bringing on Lambert in, the 2-2 draw at home to southampton and again no reaction to the subs being made at Reading (lefondre) that totally inept performance away to Swansea have shown him for what he is,a dithering and inconsistant mess.

When i see Benetiz on the touchline doing his little hand motions(left a bit right a bit)i can,t help but think he should have been a Wedding photographer,not a football coach.

Finally a quality Chav poster! :D

thing is keith, he is an excellent football coach. a really top one. but he's in an impossible position and i would assume he'd regretting taking the job, aside from the fact it got him back on the telly and in the papers. he joined chelsea, was given the utterly ludicrous title 'interim manager' (does chelsea have any other kind?), had no control of signings or transfer budget, inherited a dressing room containing terry, cole, cech and the other friends of abramovich and the fanbase hated him. it's the very definition of hiding to nothing.

i don't think he's done a very good job there personally, can see some obvious mistakes he's made. but the notion that any manager, guardiola, klopp, ferguson even, could come in and make chelsea instantly successful when the club is clearly so rotten to the core seems just daft to me.

• Like 1

thing is keith, he is an excellent football coach. a really top one. but he's in an impossible position and i would assume he'd regretting taking the job, aside from the fact it got him back on the telly and in the papers. he joined chelsea, was given the utterly ludicrous title 'interim manager' (does chelsea have any other kind?), had no control of signings or transfer budget, inherited a dressing room containing terry, cole, cech and the other friends of abramovich and the fanbase hated him. it's the very definition of hiding to nothing.

i don't think he's done a very good job there personally, can see some obvious mistakes he's made. but the notion that any manager, guardiola, klopp, ferguson even, could come in and make chelsea instantly successful when the club is clearly so rotten to the core seems just daft to me.

The second paragraph sums it up very well. thumbsup.gif

The second paragraph sums it up very well. thumbsup.gif

am fully expecting benitez to get the spanish archer from chelsea either at the end of the season or perhaps more likely before. and the berks in the stands will be fawning over roman their saviour again. when he's the sickness, not the cure.

• Like 1

Some of you don't half talk cobblers!

Rafa has a 50% win ratio at Chelsea - RDM was 57% - and RDM had arguably the harder fixtures. Not a very good stat for Rafa.

As for Roman being the sickness, blimey, is 12 trophies not enough? 2nd most successful in the epl since his arrival.

StevieH, what do you mean rotten to the core?

Rafa has a 50% win ratio at Chelsea - RDM was 57% - and RDM had arguably the harder fixtures. Not a very good stat for Rafa.

As for Roman being the sickness, blimey, is 12 trophies not enough? 2nd most successful in the epl since his arrival.

i mean the owner doesn't care about the fans if you want it in real brass tacks. it's a corrupt billionaire's plaything of a club, a small club that won the pools (copyright danny baker). everything since abramovich bought the club has been built on particularly piss-sodden sand. he walks away, chelsea's a nothing club again. john terry getting roman's ear and getting mourinho out of the club? the despicable fighting the intolerable. it's a horrible, plastic club from top to bottom. with the top being uncaring, so-rich-i-don't-give-a-shit-what-you-pay-to-watch-i've-got-three-superyachts roman and the bottom being the fans who pay through the nose, see his absurd stewardship of the club yet still hero-worship him.

roman's the right word here. chelsea throws its fans to the lions and still craves its master's thumb. that's what i mean by rotten.

Youv,e gone too far mate. You another one to quote that..ucking idiot Danny Baker <deleted> does he know about football.............

I think you should stop reading The Sun.

Corrupt billionaire, find me one that isn't.

Piss-sodden sand, no idea what you are on about.

JT, Mourinho, infighting, again stop reading tabloids.

Horrible plastic club, stupid mud slinging.

Uncaring, yeah that's why he's spend £1b on Chelsea.

Absurd stewardship, again the second most successful team in the prem since his arrival.

• Like 1

i mean the owner doesn't care about the fans if you want it in real brass tacks. it's a corrupt billionaire's plaything of a club, a small club that won the pools (copyright danny baker). everything since abramovich bought the club has been built on particularly piss-sodden sand. he walks away, chelsea's a nothing club again. john terry getting roman's ear and getting mourinho out of the club? the despicable fighting the intolerable. it's a horrible, plastic club from top to bottom. with the top being uncaring, so-rich-i-don't-give-a-shit-what-you-pay-to-watch-i've-got-three-superyachts roman and the bottom being the fans who pay through the nose, see his absurd stewardship of the club yet still hero-worship him.

roman's the right word here. chelsea throws its fans to the lions and still craves its master's thumb. that's what i mean by rotten.

Like him or loathe him, Roman has brought good times to Chelsea. And he has put a shed load of cash into them.

Stevie, if you are on the subject of being rotten to the core, how would you describe Liverpools owners over the past 10yrs?

• Like 1