Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I see its all pleasantries on here this morning. :-)

On the subject of spending, I really don't see what Schurrle can bring to the table and I hope it's just speculation. I would prefer just to recall KDB.

I like the rumour of Luke Shaw coming to the Bridge. We could do with another LB and he seems to be getting a lot of praise and he's a Chelsea fan to boot.

As for strikers Carmine, I would love someone like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski to be signed, and lets be honest, who wouldn't?

But I would also be very happy recalling Lukaku instead, but it seems that is unlikely.

Maybe some kind of midfield enforcer would be good.

On the whole I don't think Chelsea need any major signings. If we didn't sign anyone and just recalled a few players I would still be confident for next year. We have very good young prospects and players at the Bridge, let the good times roll!

On the subject of spending, I really don't see what Schurrle can bring to the table and I hope it's just speculation. I would prefer just to recall KDB.

I like the rumour of Luke Shaw coming to the Bridge. We could do with another LB and he seems to be getting a lot of praise and he's a Chelsea fan to boot.

As for strikers Carmine, I would love someone like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski to be signed, and lets be honest, who wouldn't?

But I would also be very happy recalling Lukaku instead, but it seems that is unlikely.

On the whole I don't think Chelsea need any major signings. If we didn't sign anyone and just recalled a few players I would still be confident for next year. We have very good young prospects and players at the Bridge, let the good times roll!

I'm always happy to discuss with you mate. I just don't like intoerany jumped up little men that come on a public forum and refer to others views as a crock of <deleted>. And he such a miserable little chap. Don't need it. Talks a loads of old cods aswell Anyway, moving on...

You need more backbone in midfield imv to set the platform for the likes of Hazard and Mata. Someone better than Obi Mikel (not that he's a poor player) and an Essien replacement.

Its too dificult a call with strikers. Either way, Lukaku will return, Ba's a decent striker and who knows whats going to happen with Torres.

Oldgit, this is my opinion, and if you don't like it knidly ignore it and post to someone else. Or if you must, try and be a little less predictable and <deleted> miserable.

How on earth are you going to catch up 20 points on Man U without any major signings, and thats a Man u who according to Keith aern't even that good, so what happens if they start playing good next season ? Bringing back players on loan isn't going to make a substantial difference as if they were that good then they wouldn't be on loan this season.

You are sort of contradicting yourself by saying "good young prospects" as you can't rely on prospects to make the grade !!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

Looks like Roman will be spending atleast another 150m now. This summer should prove a fascinating incite into the research by City and Chelsea on how to beat FFP.

It must be fairly obvious to the arabs and russian that only a huge spend will challenge Ferguson for the title next year.

You reckon man u are that good? Cos i don,t! They have won the Epl and thats it,and if it wasn,t for RIP,s and Wayne Looney,s goals that wouldn,t even have won that!

18 different players have scored for united this season, and RVP goal on sunday was his first in 11 games, man utd will only improve next season we have the youngest squad in the league if you take out giggs and scholes and zaha to come in, and 1 or 2 to come in and a few hangers on sold the future is bright for unitedthumbsup.gif

Good reply mate.........18 different players have scored for you.....well cut me legs off and call me shorty.....now was that 1 goal each for the 6 to 10 players you played in midfield and maybe 1 goal each for the 4 to 8 players you had in defence......you just answered my point without the goals from RIP and Looney where would you be......the slow turning over rated and underplayed Fat Frankie Lampard has scored more goals yet again this season than your entire midfield..i won,t even mention our 3 Amigo,s thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Looks like Roman will be spending atleast another 150m now. This summer should prove a fascinating incite into the research by City and Chelsea on how to beat FFP.

It must be fairly obvious to the arabs and russian that only a huge spend will challenge Ferguson for the title next year.

You reckon man u are that good? Cos i don,t! They have won the Epl and thats it,and if it wasn,t for RIP,s and Wayne Looney,s goals that wouldn,t even have won that!

Well lets see...they played half the season with almost their entire defense injured. Ferguson appears twice as good as any other manager. They have pissed all over the rest of the league winning it without moving into a high gear....yes it certainly looks like the "package" is that much better. I wonder what the bookies would offer for a Utd title next season?

So, yes Keith i do. Please tell me why i should have any confidence in Chelsea for example challenging them unless you do your usual monumental spend, because it certainly won't have anything to do with tactics and graft and win mentality. They have all that already. And to see if they are really not that good as you say perhaps we should all endevour to give them a run for their money next season because we all failed miserably this time round didn't we.

But yes, granted you beat them in a one off FA cup game at stamford bridge but as per usual you'll have the spend spend spend to win the title

Our spend (whatever it is) will always be monumental compared to yours............cos old Fagin got-to- pick- a -pocket- or- 2- levy will only shop at tesco and try to get the 2 for 1,s......we don,t need to spend megga money. imho we need one new defender and recall some of the the players we have on loan...by the way mush we beat them in both cups and if wasn,t for that .ucking knob clattenburg .....and please refrain from having a pop at Og just because his opinion is based on fact and differs from yours.

How on earth are you going to catch up 20 points on Man U without any major signings, and thats a Man u who according to Keith aern't even that good, so what happens if they start playing good next season ? Bringing back players on loan isn't going to make a substantial difference as if they were that good then they wouldn't be on loan this season.

You are sort of contradicting yourself by saying "good young prospects" as you can't rely on prospects to make the grade !!

Sorry mate but time is not on my side,i,ve got to go and Caddy ...........a new manager get Courtois back Lulaku back play Luiz infront of the back 4 and buy one defender and bobs your uncle fannys ya aunt simples thumbsup.gif

And the usual nasty, "i don't like other peoples views if they differ to mine" post from you. I must say Oldgit you do come across a a miserable horrid little fellow. Life been hard on you, you jumped up bad tempered little keyboard crusader?

go forth multiply and take your "small man syndrome" with you. KNOB

Before you come on to this forum spouting b*****ks,do yourself a favour and get your facts. The problem with you is that you think you can say whatever you like here and get away with it. Well,you definitely can't with me. If you want an easy life,go and lick arse with your United mates.

Maybe some kind of midfield enforcer would be good.On the whole I don't think Chelsea need any major signings. If we didn't sign anyone and just recalled a few players I would still be confident for next year. We have very good young prospects and players at the Bridge, let the good times roll!

The point I am making is that our team is still quite young and 'should' improve. If the likes of Hazard, Oscar, KDB, Lukaku and Oscar improve anywhere close to how much Mata has improved over the last year, we will be a force. I'm not saying they will (or that Mata wasn't good last year) but after a year settling in they may.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be Chelsea's way, but I would rather nurture our talent in our side on the field. Putting KDB, Lukaku and even Courtois on the pitch regularly, playing with their Chelsea teammates will reap benefits in the long run.

Of course United has taken the league at a canter and well done to them. But, I'm with Keith on this one, I don't think the 20 point advantage they have is reflective of either sides quality. Man U have ground out some results without necessarily dominating, gaining them the valuable points, but many of their games could have gone the other way.

Strange but you were saying the same thing at the beginning of this season and look where you've ended up

Posted 2012-08-13 14:46:07

Prediction for the epl is that Chelsea will be second or third. Winning is not out of the question but I think we will need time to settle and city will hit the ground running. Whatever our point deficit is by new year, I think it will be smaller at the end of the season.

Chelsea don't need to buy another player, the squad is fine. Bertrand looks good, Sturridge is good enough as back up to Torres, midfield is over flowing, defence has no major problems. My only concern is that Chelsea can get bullied on the pitch as the midfielders are quiet small considering how strong our players used to be - Ramires is the only player that can't be pushed around even though he is small.

And the usual nasty, "i don't like other peoples views if they differ to mine" post from you. I must say Oldgit you do come across a a miserable horrid little fellow. Life been hard on you, you jumped up bad tempered little keyboard crusader?

Before you come on to this forum spouting b*****ks,do yourself a favour and get your facts. The problem with you is that you think you can say whatever you like here and get away with it. Well,you definitely can't with me. If you want an easy life,go and lick arse with your United mates.

Thats fighting talk where i come from 4.gif so this must be og

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Sorry mate but time is not on my side,i,ve got to go and Caddy ...........a new manager get Courtois back Lulaku back play Luiz infront of the back 4 and buy one defender and bobs your uncle fannys ya aunt simples thumbsup.gif

I suggest you concentrate on caddying laugh.png spouting &lt;deleted&gt; like that!

Where did you dig that one out from? That was one where I was in a good mood.

You silly little man. Stop being a miserable predictable tit. And stop trying to imply you are so knowledgeable about football...its embarrassing.

Small man syndromecoffee1.gif

Maybe some kind of midfield enforcer would be good.On the whole I don't think Chelsea need any major signings. If we didn't sign anyone and just recalled a few players I would still be confident for next year. We have very good young prospects and players at the Bridge, let the good times roll!

The point I am making is that our team is still quite young and 'should' improve. If the likes of Hazard, Oscar, KDB, Lukaku and Oscar improve anywhere close to how much Mata has improved over the last year, we will be a force. I'm not saying they will (or that Mata wasn't good last year) but after a year settling in they may.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be Chelsea's way, but I would rather nurture our talent in our side on the field. Putting KDB, Lukaku and even Courtois on the pitch regularly, playing with their Chelsea teammates will reap benefits in the long run.

Of course United has taken the league at a canter and well done to them. But, I'm with Keith on this one, I don't think the 20 point advantage they have is reflective of either sides quality. Man U have ground out some results without necessarily dominating, gaining them the valuable points, but many of their games could have gone the other way.

Wait until next season when we get our act together and start playing and dominate games, we might be over 20 points clear this time next seasontongue.png

I suggest you concentrate on caddying laugh.png spouting &lt;deleted&gt; like that!

Enjoy it while you can Red Boy ,cos when Red Nose hangs up his stopwatch (within 18mnths) your days at the top will be well and truly over...........and your smug arrogant... 19 going 20.........,will just be a reference to your age, or your IQ coffee1.gif

Where did you dig that one out from? That was one where I was in a good mood.

And then again, some people are just born this way arn't they....nevermind

"Enjoy it while you can Red Boy ,cos when Red Nose hangs up his stopwatch (within 18mnths) your days at the top will be well and truly over...........and your smug arrogant... 19 going 20.........,will just be a reference to your age, or your IQ coffee1.gif"

​Thanks Keith everybody tells me i look very young for my age;The truth does hurt for you when you finish the season trophy less doesn't it.......At least by your IQ we will have another year of winning trophies then biggrin.png while your lot can see how many more mongers you can get to take the ruskies roubles......should be fun whistling.gif

The usual unsubstantiated crock of shit from you. "Played half the season with almost their entire defence injured".Attributable to who? Ferdinand, Vidic,Evra,Rafael,Evans,Smalling,Jones? Ferdinand has bravely tweeted his way through the season with 21 appearances from 32 in the league, Compare that with last season where he dragged his tortured body through 30 of 38. Vidic,who seems to get injured tying his shoelaces nowadays,has hobbled his way through 16 this season while putting in his shift last season with the enviable total of 6. What a warrior! Evra continues to hold the defence together by appearing 27 times so far(2011-2012.....37 out of 38). Smalling has actually appeared a meagre 15 times. What could have ailed him? Evans painfully crawled on to the playing surface a pitiful 18 times this year and Jones has gritted his teeth,adjusted his red badge of courage before entering the fray 11 times. Well,knock me down with a feather,Ferdinand has actually found time, from his extra curricular activities, to put in more appearances,Evra excepted, than anyone else!

How does joking about how few games United's defenders have played this season prove that what carmine stated about United's defense being plagued with injury this season, was a crock of shit? All you seem to have done is to back up his statement. Unless i am missing something.... if so, please tell...

The usual unsubstantiated crock of shit from you. "Played half the season with almost their entire defence injured".Attributable to who? Ferdinand, Vidic,Evra,Rafael,Evans,Smalling,Jones? Ferdinand has bravely tweeted his way through the season with 21 appearances from 32 in the league, Compare that with last season where he dragged his tortured body through 30 of 38. Vidic,who seems to get injured tying his shoelaces nowadays,has hobbled his way through 16 this season while putting in his shift last season with the enviable total of 6. What a warrior! Evra continues to hold the defence together by appearing 27 times so far(2011-2012.....37 out of 38). Smalling has actually appeared a meagre 15 times. What could have ailed him? Evans painfully crawled on to the playing surface a pitiful 18 times this year and Jones has gritted his teeth,adjusted his red badge of courage before entering the fray 11 times. Well,knock me down with a feather,Ferdinand has actually found time, from his extra curricular activities, to put in more appearances,Evra excepted, than anyone else!

How does joking about how few games United's defenders have played this season prove that what carmine stated about United's defense being plagued with injury this season, was a crock of shit? All you seem to have done is to back up his statement. Unless i am missing something.... if so, please tell...

Arrh but you forgot Rix.....my opinion, differing from his as it does, also means apparently that i am somehow "stuck up the arse of the Man Utd thread".

There was silly old me trying to explain why Utd hold a 15 point lead.biggrin.png

Simple arithmetic actually.With an embarrassment of riches at your disposal,it's not the case of how few but how many they've played.

Ferdinand is on course to appear in only 3 fewer games than he did last season. Vidic,who has been a non entity now from the start of last season to this,has already had more appearances this season, as has Rafael. Evra Evans and Smalling are putting in similar shifts now. The only one who has had a reason not to participate fully is Jones who didn't arrive on the scene,because of injury, until November 2012. Pray tell how he comes to the conclusion that your lot have "played half the season with almost your entire defence injured?".

You silly little man. Stop being a miserable predictable tit. And stop trying to imply you are so knowledgeable about football...its embarrassing.

"Infamy,infamy,he's got it in for me." Posting insults on the internet is pointless and meaningless. It achieves nothing, except that it makes you look a complete tart.

Simple arithmetic actually.With an embarrassment of riches at your disposal,it's not the case of how few but how many they've played.

Ferdinand is on course to appear in only 3 fewer games than he did last season. Vidic,who has been a non entity now from the start of last season to this,has already had more appearances this season, as has Rafael. Evra Evans and Smalling are putting in similar shifts now. The only one who has had a reason not to participate fully is Jones who didn't arrive on the scene,because of injury, until November 2012. Pray tell how he comes to the conclusion that your lot have "played half the season with almost your entire defence injured?".

Embarrassment of riches? LOL. Kind of you to say so, but i don't think our defensive line is without its weaknesses. And the fact that a lot of them have not played many games isn't by choice. The defensive line is in general not something you chop and change for the fun of it. There needs to be consistency and understanding, if not for the back line, at the very least for the central pairing. And that is something this season we have not been able to do. Barely has there been more than two successive games in which the defense hasn't had to change significantly, and the reason for that has been mainly injury. So i am still unclear why you described carmine's words as a crock of shit. Edited by rixalex

"Infamy,infamy,he's got it in for me." Posting insults on the internet is pointless and meaningless. It achieves nothing, except that it makes you look a complete tart.

Oh deary me! And a hypocritical little sh1t to boot seeing as you threw the first insult referring to my post as a crock of shote.

You're not doing any better justifying your own original post either. I stand by that post either way.

Oldgit........you forgot about our goalies also tongue.png .....all your wining does is show how better we will be with a settled back five imo!

Don't forget Carrick and Valencia also in back line wink.png

"Enjoy it while you can Red Boy ,cos when Red Nose hangs up his stopwatch (within 18mnths) your days at the top will be well and truly over...........and your smug arrogant... 19 going 20.........,will just be a reference to your age, or your IQ coffee1.gif"

​Thanks Keith everybody tells me i look very young for my age;The truth does hurt for you when you finish the season trophy less doesn't it.......At least by your IQ we will have another year of winning trophies then biggrin.png while your lot can see how many more mongers you can get to take the ruskies roubles......should be fun whistling.gif

Prey tell &lt;deleted&gt; does <mongers> mean.....is it some sort of manc language. .Nothing to do with my IQ wether you win anything next year im just guessing old red nose is gonna call it a day,maybe this year maybe next,who nose......laugh.png .................. oh and it,s Trophy not Trophies..........well almost

Embarrassment of riches? LOL. Kind of you to say so, but i don't think our defensive line is without its weaknesses. And the fact that a lot of them have not played many games isn't by choice. The defensive line is in general not something you chop and change for the fun of it. There needs to be consistency and understanding, if not for the back line, at the very least for the central pairing. And that is something this season we have not been able to do. Barely has there been more than two successive games in which the defense hasn't had to change significantly, and the reason for that has been mainly injury. So i am still unclear why you described carmine's words as a crock of shit.

Because his statement was patently wrong and deserved to be criticised.The statistics I put forward are a direct comparison to United defence for 2011/2012 season. As you can see,there is hardly any difference overall. So are you saying that your back line was blighted by injury last season as well as this? I don't remember anybody commenting on this malaise last year as the reason you were beaten for the title.No, the general consensus was that you were beaten for the title on goal difference, because you lost at home to City 6-1.

Because his statement was patently wrong and deserved to be criticised.The statistics I put forward are a direct comparison to United defence for 2011/2012 season. As you can see,there is hardly any difference overall. So are you saying that your back line was blighted by injury last season as well as this? I don't remember anybody commenting on this malaise last year as the reason you were beaten for the title.No, the general consensus was that you were beaten for the title on goal difference, because you lost at home to City 6-1.

We haven't had a settled back four for ages, and that includes last year. Vidic and Ferdinand have been in and out of the treatment room for a long time. Can't actually remember when they both went through a season fully fit. Our second string of defenders, Evans, Jones and Smalling, have all gone through their respective injury spells this season, and most of those spells have been quite long. Carmine's statement might have been guilty of a little exaggeration, but it wasn't that far off the mark, and certainly not the crock of shit you claimed it to be. In my opinion anyway.