Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I've been expecting Chelsea to run out of gas and thought this was the game where it would finally happen. Almost, but they gutted out another one. I'm no fan of Rafa or the club, but they've been impressive lately against pretty big odds.

that will be the much-derided benitez rotation in action. there's a reason that lampard scored two goals in that game and it's that benitez has rested him half the time so he's still got the energy to be effective when needed.

They don't understand rotation on here , or atleast it seems only if its like for like.

I think the way Chelsea have coped with their crazy fixture build up is impressive and they fully deserve their third place if they get it.

Yes, they should of given The Drog one more season in hindsight but he left on the perfect high.

He could of done a great job off the bench at worse.

Depends what he wanted in his contract. He probably wanted more than they were prepared to pay a player of his age.

I've been expecting Chelsea to run out of gas and thought this was the game where it would finally happen. Almost, but they gutted out another one. I'm no fan of Rafa or the club, but they've been impressive lately against pretty big odds.

that will be the much-derided benitez rotation in action. there's a reason that lampard scored two goals in that game and it's that benitez has rested him half the time so he's still got the energy to be effective when needed.

They don't understand rotation on here , or atleast it seems only if its like for like.

I think the way Chelsea have coped with their crazy fixture build up is impressive and they fully deserve their third place if they get it.

I agree and I also think Benitez deserves a lot of credit the way he has handled things. Sure he had an outburst, but maybe that's what he needed.

Next Chelsea manager...... Benitez or maybe they'll steal Pellagrini laugh.png

I agree and I also think Benitez deserves a lot of credit the way he has handled things. Sure he had an outburst, but maybe that's what he needed.

Next Chelsea manager...... Benitez or maybe they'll steal Pellagrini laugh.png

Theres no need to change the manager for footballing reasons but there you go. Anyway Benitez has achieved what he needed in coming out of this appointment with credit so i doubt he'll mind seeing the back of them. This is also a very good Chelsea team, a couple of decent signings short of mounting a title challenge. They also have some very good players to be recalled to strengthen the squad.

A text message i received today from one my fellow blues (who is on tour at the moment)

Sir Alex Ferguson

Last home defeat...........Chelsea

Last FA Cup defeat.........Chelsea

Last League Cup Defeat.....Chelsea

Record to date against Chelsea Wins 22 Draws 25 Losses 25 whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

A text message i received today from one my fellow blues (who is on tour at the moment)

Sir Alex Ferguson

Record to date against Chelsea Wins 22 Draws 25 Losses 25 whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Yeah,we've got them sitting on our mantelpiece,hehe. Now that Rooney has put in an official transfer request,how would you like him at the Bridge? It's not an impossibilty as there are only a handful of clubs that could afford to pay his wages. As much as I don't like the bloke,I do recognise that he is a top class player at his best. If we did sign him,I wouldn't mess around playing him in midfield. He would be my main striker.He's obviously temperamental but who better to sort him out than Mourinho?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Yeah,we've got them sitting on our mantelpiece,hehe. Now that Rooney has put in an official transfer request,how would you like him at the Bridge? It's not an impossibilty as there are only a handful of clubs that could afford to pay his wages. As much as I don't like the bloke,I do recognise that he is a top class player at his best. If we did sign him,I wouldn't mess around playing him in midfield. He would be my main striker.He's obviously temperamental but who better to sort him out than Mourinho?

I think he's mercenary enough to go to PSG, CL football still and team up with Becks.

So Norwich won the youth fa cup in some style, Chelsea youth scouted from all over the world for the very best young players,

Norwich team mostly come from .... errr Norfolk , Well done boys.

I am not here to gloat, well I am, cos we don't have much to gloat about, lol sorry

• Like 1

So Norwich won the youth fa cup in some style, Chelsea youth scouted from all over the world for the very best young players,

Norwich team mostly come from .... errr Norfolk , Well done boys.

I am not here to gloat, well I am, cos we don't have much to gloat about, lol sorry

Well done Norwich. I get to watch a lot of football in Norfolk,when I'm over, as my brother lives in Wymondham. His son plays for Wymondham Under 12's in the little league and represented Norwich in a recent competition at the Emirates stadium. There are some very classy kids playing in that league so I'm not surprised about their Youth Cup final win.

Sir Alex Ferguson

I wouldn,t say no to Rooney,and im with you,play him up front. I would also like to see Lukaku back and Courtois. My only wish for Mourinho is not to do as you did before and have your list of untouchables...........be professional there are 25 players in the squad, don,t alienate them..please.

• Like 1

Chelsea were fortunate to win on the run of play. They were outclassed in the first half. Benfica seemed to want to walk the ball into the net and Chelsea survived more by good fortune than good judgement.

Cardoza must have been a millimetre offside for the disallowed goal. Could easily have been given. Torres should have got a penalty when it was 1-1when Luisao had him in a bear hug. It was on the blind side of the ref but you have to ask again what are those useless pxxxxks for behind the goal. Lampard was unlucky with his howizer off the bar near the end but Ivanovic headed in the corner for the winner. Ramires had forced the corner which was about the only thing he did of note except being constantly offside.

As it was more confusion in the Chelsea defence almost gifted an equaliser but Cahill managed to hook it away from danger.

Yes, well done Chelsea. Thankfully there was one club to fly the English flag in Europe this year.

Haven't seen it yet - assumed it would be on Thursday for some reason :-)

Congratulations to Rafa Benitez.

Yes, Benitez has done a great job since his appointment. I,for one,have never been critical of his arrival because i know he's a coach of the highest class.He's also been a man of integrity during his tenure here. It also says a lot for the character of the players who,knowing that the coach will leave at the end of the season,have still stuck at it through a punishing schedule.

• Like 2

Chelsea were fortunate to win on the run of play. They were outclassed in the first half. Benfica seemed to want to walk the ball into the net and Chelsea survived more by good fortune than good judgement.

Cardoza must have been a millimetre offside for the disallowed goal. Could easily have been given. Torres should have got a penalty when it was 1-1when Luisao had him in a bear hug. It was on the blind side of the ref but you have to ask again what are those useless pxxxxks for behind the goal. Lampard was unlucky with his howizer off the bar near the end but Ivanovic headed in the corner for the winner. Ramires had forced the corner which was about the only thing he did of note except being constantly offside.

As it was more confusion in the Chelsea defence almost gifted an equaliser but Cahill managed to hook it away from danger.

Perfect summary of game,mate.