Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

So Mourinho has changed has he ? Nah ! Instigating with Ronaldo for absolutely no reason. Knew Ferguson was going to retire before others did. Would have bought Bale when he was at Madrid. He's still way special and just can't keep his trap shut.Posted Image

Think he's just enjoying himself. Chelsea are favorites arguably to win the league with or without Rooney.

Did you really think he would be a changed character btw? In his mind, he is in love with himself so why would he feel the need to change? Thing is, his arrogance and self confidence seems to rub off on his teams and they are stronger for it. And you have to admit, he's a very good tactical coach aswell..

No Carmine, I never thought he would change. I've been amused by his pronouncements that he had changed. I agree with the assessment that he's a great tactical coach and his personality rubs off on his players. All true. I just can't stand the <deleted>.Posted Image

Oh i agree, he's a horrid character from what i've seen too, but a very good manager nonetheless. Chelsea narrow favourites for me.

If they get Rooney and he fires on all four then I agree Chelsea are real contenders. But still in my gut is the possibility that we can be first out the blocks this year and can get 13 points from 15 before we meet on 28th September at The Lane. That is gonna be a hell of a match and a 1845 hrs kick off Thai Time.

I can see you guys hammering Villa and Hull. But what thought on going up to Old Trafford?

We should comfortably beat Hull but I reckon there will be plenty of goals scored in the Villa game,including some from them. I can see Benteke causing our defence plenty of problems. How the hell Villa managed to keep him is beyond me. United haven't got the luckiest manager in the history of football anymore so they could be vulnerable this season.

didnt know where to put this but thought it quite interesting

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/13/anzhi-samuel-etoo-jose-mourinho-chelsea

An interesting piece,mate.I suppose we've got to be thankful that we've got a relatively level headed owner at the club. At 32,it's hard to see what advantages Eto'o can bring to the squad except,of course,experience. I haven't seen enough of him in the last couple of years to form an opinion but,5-6 years ago,he was outstanding on the world stage. Tremendously quick and a lethal finisher. With the season already under way in Russia,he should be fit enough to play.

didnt know where to put this but thought it quite interesting

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/13/anzhi-samuel-etoo-jose-mourinho-chelsea

An interesting piece,mate.I suppose we've got to be thankful that we've got a relatively level headed owner at the club. At 32,it's hard to see what advantages Eto'o can bring to the squad except,of course,experience. I haven't seen enough of him in the last couple of years to form an opinion but,5-6 years ago,he was outstanding on the world stage. Tremendously quick and a lethal finisher. With the season already under way in Russia,he should be fit enough to play.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

suspect eto'o would still flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the premier league.

how many forwards do chelsea need though by the way? ba, lukaku, torres, schurrle, eto'o?

Fair point. not sure what Mourhino thinks of Torres and Ba though?

After the euphoria of the first half an hour in which we played some good stuff,I thought our football descended into the mediocre. Some players went missing which allowed Hull to get hold of the ball and become more confident.Against the better teams,you cannot afford to relax for a second so,I hope this wasn't lost on Mourinho and he's giving them a piece of his mind. By the way Lampard,when you're on penalty duty, there are OTHER places to put the ball than in the bottom left hand corner.

Good win, but only against a mediocre looking Hull to be honest. Hoping for a goalless draw with Villa, only because I don't want the brummy scumbags to go 3 points clear..... That would be too much to handle on a Wednesday night, or a Thursday morning come to that.

suspect eto'o would still flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the premier league.

how many forwards do chelsea need though by the way? ba, lukaku, torres, schurrle, eto'o?

Fair point. not sure what Mourhino thinks of Torres and Ba though?

Cannot see Ba getting many games to be honest.....

After the euphoria of the first half an hour in which we played some good stuff,I thought our football descended into the mediocre. Some players went missing which allowed Hull to get hold of the ball and become more confident.Against the better teams,you cannot afford to relax for a second so,I hope this wasn't lost on Mourinho and he's giving them a piece of his mind. By the way Lampard,when you're on penalty duty, there are OTHER places to put the ball than in the bottom left hand corner.

I agree, but maybe Jose instructed them to slow down as we have Villa in a few days, then United and then Bayern.

A big difference in yesterday's game from last season was the control we seemed to have when we didn't have possession. Last season we conceded too many late goals and always looked like conceding late goals. Yesterday we looked in total control. Still, early days and it was only Hull.

• Like 1

Some of the Chelsea movement in the first half an hour was excellent to watch, Hull didn't know which way to run or who to pick up. For me this was an easy Chelsea win and there wasn't any need to go at full pace, Hull weren't ever going to be a threat. I totally agree with you about Lampard, he seems fixated on that one spot. Chelsea will certainly be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and I'm not sure they need Rooney and the special one hasn't made much difference to Torres... yet.

• Like 1

I.ll echo whats already been said about the 1st half. For me Kevin DB was a positive lots of pace ready to have a shot,yeah liked his performance .As some of you will know i,m not Franks greatest fan great goal...but.too slow and can,t tackle,just hope he is only on the bench for the Villa and Man u games

Goal difference could play a part in determining the destination of the Premier League title,lads. I thought we should have pushed on and tried to get a few more goals.It grates a bit when you see our expensive midfield 'stars' backing off and being outbattled by journeymen like Brady and Huddlestone. We've now got a big enough squad,especially in midfield,not to worry about the fixture list

Do you think Torres is on the market?

Played Lukaku all preseason then starts Torres for the first match. In the post match interview TS1 says he played great (after an ordinary performance by Torres), particularly his defensive effort smile.png

I think Torres has been on the market for the past year. Nobody will buy him though, the £175k wages would be the stumbling block. Personally I think Chelsea would let him go for around £15m.

• Like 2

Good win, but only against a mediocre looking Hull to be honest. Hoping for a goalless draw with Villa, only because I don't want the brummy scumbags to go 3 points clear..... That would be too much to handle on a Wednesday night, or a Thursday morning come to that.

So a special 0-0 is what we want please....

I think Torres has been on the market for the past year. Nobody will buy him though, the £175k wages would be the stumbling block. Personally I think Chelsea would let him go for around £15m.

He still doesn't look like he is bothered out there, if he cares about his career he should move on to a team that plays in a style that would compliment his attacking skills and take a cut in wages. It's not like he needs the money.

i'm surprised he isn't being offered around for a loan. can't see him starting that many games this season really.

• Like 1