Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Jose has to make a couple of changes for tonight,can,t keep playing his 9 untouchables every game imho.

Well if he can't successfully rotate with that squad he has at his disposal then he doesn't deserve the job.

Why didn't he start Remy, they are not playing until late Sunday.

Jose has to make a couple of changes for tonight,can,t keep playing his 9 untouchables every game imho.

Well if he can't successfully rotate with that squad he has at his disposal then he doesn't deserve the job.

Why didn't he start Remy, they are not playing until late Sunday.

Have to give him the benefit of the doubt unless you know Remy was fit, but, generally speaking its an easy squad to rotate. Its that good. The only weakness was created by the person who signed an OAP and a guy that failed a medical as back up to Costa. Knowing Mourinho's luck Costa will stay fit all season but if he didn't and it blew the title i salivate at the prospect of his excuse. I'd be hoping for something less nauseating than the "little horse" story.

Note to MJJ. Carmine having a pop at Mourinho again.thumbsup.gif

On paper no reason to bring on No 1 or No 2 striker from the start. Plenty of goalscoring talent in midfield.

It is a fair question to ask why the normally cute Mourinho didn't bring on Remy or even Costas half way through the second half when it was becoming obvious that 1-0 was possibly not enough and that Didier was not likely the man to add a second?

Edited by SantiSuk

On paper no reason to bring on No 1 or No 2 striker form the start. More to the point, why didn't the normally cute Mourinho bring Remy or even Costas on half way through the second half when it was becoming obvious that 1-0 was possibly not enough and that Didier was not likely the man to add a second?

At his age the Drog should be at home in his slippers.

• Like 1

On paper no reason to bring on No 1 or No 2 striker from the start. Plenty of goalscoring talent in midfield.

It is a fair question to ask why the normally cute Mourinho didn't bring on Remy or even Costas half way through the second half when it was becoming obvious that 1-0 was possibly not enough and that Didier was not likely the man to add a second?

First match of the CL, important to get a good start, not necessary but important. I think that match also proves it's important to have more than a goalscoring midfield, strikers win leagues.

It would seem they have 3 50% strikers, half a Costa (dodgy hammy), half a Remy (dodgy heart), half a Drogba (old git).

First match of the CL, important to get a good start, not necessary but important. I think that match also proves it's important to have more than a goalscoring midfield, strikers win leagues.

It would seem they have 3 50% strikers, half a Costa (dodgy hammy), half a Remy (dodgy heart), half a Drogba (old git).

The eye gouger must be quite concerned about Costa's hamstring probs that won't seem to go away.

Perhaps he's thinking of utilizing Shurrle as an extra striker? Can't really believe he's been this remiss.

The eye gouger must be quite concerned about Costa's hamstring probs that won't seem to go away.

Perhaps he's thinking of utilizing Shurrle as an extra striker? Can't really believe he's been this remiss.

I think that's right regarding Shurrle.

He's is going to look at bit of cock if Costa can only play a very limited role, having only Remy and a what appears to be a pointless Drogba as back up.

Not a great result, but not the end of the world either. What annoyed me the most about the game was Chelsea's desire after the first goal. We all know 1-0 is not a safe margin, yet Chelsea went back to last years MO after one goal. Why? We were far to lazy and lacked urgency. As soon as it was 1-1 we played better, but it was too late.

As for Drogba, he looked lazy and unfit, but then again if his shot had been a foot to the right and he had scored, he would be getting praise. Margins, it's all about margins.

Maybe this game is a blessing in disguise, Chelsea were too arrogant and this is what was needed prior to a trip to the Etihad.

Willian looked good, Remy came close, Hazard was dancing around players, Fab was fab :-) ,our defence were rubbish.

If Fabregas hadn,t blasted a clear cut chance into Craven Cottage the game would have been over in the first half..........,but fair play to schalke for hanging in there.

Cant win em all........although according to some who venture onto this thread.....we should be winning everything, cos we are the only club in the world who spends money and buys players....bad bad Chelsea coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

It will be interesting to see how disciplined we are on Sunday. We've been on the front foot in our first four games,surprisingly going toe to toe with Everton at Goodison but, City will be a far tougher nut to crack. Defensively, we have been a bit gung ho and left plenty of space in midfield for the opposition to exploit. At the Etihad, I'll be looking at Fabregas and how he performs defensively. I could beat him in a pair of carpet slippers in a foot race so, we need players, such as Willian and Schurrle, that can cover the ground quickly.

I think Jose will play the usual untouchable 9 plus Willian & Ramires imho. Ivanovich and Azpilicueta musn,t get sucked in next to Cahill and Terry. A proper game,hopefully no red cards. Mind the gap smile.png

That's exactly what Ivanovic did for their goal Keith. Milner, on a one on one situation with Schurrle then running into the space where Ivanovic should have been and crossing for Lampard to score.

I questioned the discipline of this current team but there was no lack of that in this game. When City had the ball, we tended to shadow the ball carrier rather than put our foot in. Ordinarily, I'm not keen on that but our midfield is minute against their engine room of giants, so it was not a bad strategy.

For all their pressure, we contained the threat of Aguerro and Dzeko very well. Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry and Matic were outstanding in nullifying the final ball into the area. Willian and Ramires were tireless in the centre. Fabregas played his part defensively, but once he was pushed forward, he looked dangerous with his incisive passing.

When will Mourinho concede that Schurrle is a striker? He always has been and always will be. His movement in the scoring of his goal was fantastic. I didn't see the need to resign Drogba unless it was in a coaching capacity, but what I've seen, he's now a liability on the pitch. The way he muscled everybody out of the way for the free kick was nauseating. I think it was a case of Mourinho getting all misty eyed over the good 'ole days.

I questioned the discipline of this current team but there was no lack of that in this game. When City had the ball, we tended to shadow the ball carrier rather than put our foot in. Ordinarily, I'm not keen on that but our midfield is minute against their engine room of giants, so it was not a bad strategy.

For all their pressure, we contained the threat of Aguerro and Dzeko very well. Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry and Matic were outstanding in nullifying the final ball into the area. Willian and Ramires were tireless in the centre. Fabregas played his part defensively, but once he was pushed forward, he looked dangerous with his incisive passing.

When will Mourinho concede that Schurrle is a striker? He always has been and always will be. His movement in the scoring of his goal was fantastic. I didn't see the need to resign Drogba unless it was in a coaching capacity, but what I've seen, he's now a liability on the pitch. The way he muscled everybody out of the way for the free kick was nauseating. I think it was a case of Mourinho getting all misty eyed over the good 'ole days.

Drogba is a total waste of space. Terry and Cahill could have played again today,don,t think they even broke into a sweat...........apart from when they went forward for corners.

Run out for Oscar Remy Salah Zouma Luis Cech Ake Baker on wednesday night against Bolton, I predict a hammering.

Right. Phew. Just back in time for the Villa game.smile.png

So what's been happening while I've been away on a 2 week holiday?

Costa hat trick against Swansea, Remy scores inside 10 minutes of coming on in his first game.

Fantastic team goal against City. Nice one Frank, 2 nil Chelsea, Pyrrhic victory to us. thumbsup.gif

Pellegrino is moaning about small teams making it difficult for him at the Etihad w00t.gif , and Liverpool are the only team to have lost 3 games in the Prem. facepalm.gif Apart from QPR that is.

It's all getting a little bit ludicrous, or should that be Ludogrets.

As for the old warhorse Drogba, check out Pat Nevin's analysis on CFC.com. It's like Shankly used to say about Roger Hunt..." Yeh. But he gets in the right place to miss them."

Drogba will deliver, just needs to get a bit sharper. Small margins when it comes to a 4inch diameter goal post.

Ask Costa.

Speaking of whom biggrin.png the boy has history which goes back to Falcao and Aguero days at At Madrid. Mourinho knows exactly where Costa is coming from, and Costa knows exactly where Mourinho is coming from.

thumbsup.gif