It’s official: Expats in Thailand are deliriously happy!

webfact

how many people filled it out?

were they all retired ?

Are they on their first thai wife?

I bet there are MORE expats with extreme horror stories than the handful of deliriously happy retired ones.

I'm very happy here, and I'm neither retired or married to a Thai.

I'm not convinced these facts are unconnected.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of employment in pattaya pays 100,000bht a month?

The kind where you commute to BKK every week. Other than that, hotel chefs and managerial positions in the larger chain hotels, etc.

Yeahhotelsinternational schools.very limed no of positions though aren't they?

Article makes it sounds like the average salary in pattaya for expats is 100K a month.

I know many that live in pattaya on salaries a lot more than 100k they don't work there though rather in Rayong or laem chabang

well according to pattayas "new prostitute guide" if your not making over 100,000 the girls wont pay much attention to you.

its fun to watch the money dry up.

Guess girls won't have too many chances on the sex market then. Unless they change their fields of work according to the average wealth of their customers. Western customers are part of a deep economic crisis, so Thai girls might change their field of occupation. Hang on, they will become what in fact they're always been: They will be the bosses, and you Farangs will do what they want. Which is well in accordance with your own values if you are modern enough to face emancipation.

The kind where you commute to BKK every week. Other than that, hotel chefs and managerial positions in the larger chain hotels, etc.

Article makes it sounds like the average salary in pattaya for expats is 100K a month.

I know many that live in pattaya on salaries a lot more than 100k they don't work there though rather in Rayong or laem chabang

well according to pattayas "new prostitute guide" if your not making over 100,000 the girls wont pay much attention to you.

Thats fine I don't think any of them are into the girly bar scene anyways

The fact that there are people who aren't here for the women is about as bewildering to some posters here as the idea that some expats earn 100k a month.

They live in a narrow little world, bless them.

You probably mean waitresses looking for a holiday boyfriend if you say "prostitutes"

You can marry them and support their families. But please don't take them away, they only get homesick. They tend to love Thailand like you do.

mcfish,you are talking out of your ass.You obviously answered my post with word and opinions to suit your self.I am neither aggressive nor am i grumpy.

I moved to Isaan because it suited me and it is a better life for my wife there.

You obviously do not understand village life.I think that maybe you are one of these people.I bet you spend most of your evenings sorting out Thailand and other expats from the bottom of a chang bottle.

I am perfectly happy to be where i am.

if you are convinced that you are deliriously happy,then i am glad for you,but dont start insulting me when you know nothing about me or my life.or me. Ive been here 16 years,and i am content.

I ran a succesful abr in Pattaya and i can tell you that a lot of guys are not deliriously happy,i think that you dont have many friends and are probably a pest when youve had a few.

Delirious,by the very word imply that you suffer from delusions and hallucinations.Its rather a silly word to pair the word with happy.

Still, you live your life and dont cast opinions upon mine.

mcfish,you are talking out of your ass.You obviously answered my post with word and opinions to suit your self.I am neither aggressive nor am i grumpy.

I moved to Isaan because it suited me and it is a better life for my wife there.

You obviously do not understand village life.I think that maybe you are one of these people.I bet you spend most of your evenings sorting out Thailand and other expats from the bottom of a chang bottle.

if you are convinced that you are deliriously happy,then i am glad for you,but dont start insulting me when you know nothing about me or my life.or me. Ive been here 16 years,and i am content.

I ran a succesful abr in Pattaya and i can tell you that a lot of guys are not deliriously happy,i think that you dont have many friends and are probably a pest when youve had a few.

Delirious,by the very word imply that you suffer from delusions and hallucinations.Its rather a silly word to pair the word with happy.

The fact that there are people who aren't here for the women is about as bewildering to some posters here as the idea that some expats earn 100k a month.

There is no doubt that there are a LOT of expats in Thailand who earns way in excess of 100,000 baht a month. A lot of them don't bother with TV

What simpleton believes this? 884 respondents? How about the direct opposite.

This is a real innovative piece of social media: The first statistical survey with more comments than the sample that were part of the survey. Absolutely good, hats off to Thaivisa :D

I was not selected.Does anybody know someone who was.Another load of bullshit.You could find many thousands who say they are happy.But they have not been robbed scammed.cheated.etc etc etc.Or they have not noticed.Now there are the others who have been in there millions.Thailand is virtualy empty of tourists to what it used to be.The eyes dont lie.Surveys do.

"talking out of your ass"

See there is that aggression I was talking about. And you wonder why you attract violence..

" you know nothing about me or my life.or me"

Hey your the one the bared your soul, said Bangkok and Pattaya frighten you and how you feel safe and happy in Isaan . If you dont want comments then stay away from public forums.

Of course they are! Most are half drunk, stoned or both all day. It really does make TH seem like paradise. Done the research myself some years back. Once one hits the sober trail it all starts to look a bit different though coffee1.gif

Well you obviously never took living here seriously. Staying drunk and stoned all day in any country will pretty much yield the same results, no?

You've drawn your conclusion too easily Tom! I didn't say I was drunk and stoned all day! I lived somewhere surrounded by stoners and drunks and saw them everyday and listened to them talk about their paradise. The guys who sobered up after several years all got up and left. I've been in TH since 98 so I guess I take it pretty seriously myself. Doesn't mean I am deliriously happy though. TH has it's fair share of madness and idiots. More and more it seems these days wink.png

1 mill a month? Couldn't spend that much without worrying what to spend it on. Got to go, the skipper tells me my yaught is leaving to catch the tide.

Even at 1.0 million/month at the current exchange rates is USD 35k/m (USD 420k/year)...yes its a very good money, but even that's not really in the skipper/ private yacht league...at an income of Thb 12 million/year these people will be paying around 4.0 million in tax as well.

My buddy earns exactly 1 million a month and has a speedboat. Also an airplane.

what does he do here? assume own business

Renting property.

How pathetic that so many commenters here are in total denial about the stats. They even believe the survey was rigged ... for what purposes only they know imagine. These guys would be miserable in heaven.

The following from this article is so right on:

"The results seems to be a slap in the face for some Thaivisa forum moaners who sound as though they are abjectly miserable and love to claim that the country has already gone to the dogs!"

Yeah sure. That's why there has been a mass exodus of westerners from the country the last couple of years. They left because they were too darn happy!

Do you have any figures about this "mass exodus" of westerners from Thailand?

From what I read in the forum many posters have said that they are leaving Thailand but did they all leave?

How many is a mass?

100, 250, 500, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000 or more.

I truly have no idea.

I do know that in my little corner of rural Thailand there are 3 farangs that I don't see anymore but 2 of them were older than me and may have died and the other one was definitely leaving and I haven't seen him for about 6 months or so.

I stopped reading at the page 11. Can anyone tell me if this survey was perhaps a joke on forum members?

There are a few things that don't make any sense, specifically 100k a month earnings.

Now, I understand that there are plenty of qualified personnel who were hired from overseas and don't receive a local salary. That would make sense in Bangkok, but a lot less likely in Pattaya.

To me the whole article is a bit of a parody to be honest.

There is no doubt that there are a LOT of expats in Thailand who earns way in excess of 100,000 baht a month. A lot of them don't bother with TV

Most of the ones I know don't bother with it.

Still, those in the bar bullshit bubble will still presume they know better.

How pathetic that so many commenters here are in total denial about the stats. They even believe the survey was rigged ... for what purposes only they know imagine. These guys would be miserable in heaven.

The following from this article is so right on:

"The results seems to be a slap in the face for some Thaivisa forum moaners who sound as though they are abjectly miserable and love to claim that the country has already gone to the dogs!"

340 posts later and still not one person stating that they participated in such a survey

Keep smoking your herb.

Edited by Rayk

Yeah sure. That's why there has been a mass exodus of westerners from the country the last couple of years. They left because they were too darn happy!

Do you have any figures about this "mass exodus" of westerners from Thailand?

From what I read in the forum many posters have said that they are leaving Thailand but did they all leave?

How many is a mass?

100, 250, 500, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000 or more.

I truly have no idea.

I do know that in my little corner of rural Thailand there are 3 farangs that I don't see anymore but 2 of them were older than me and may have died and the other one was definitely leaving and I haven't seen him for about 6 months or so.

The mass exodus could be verified by daily departures from combined airports? But offset by daily arrivals? smile.png)

I knew a guy on a bingo player forum who seens quite happy....works in laem chabang as a Materials Manager, on his third wife....both uninterested in sex.....hes uninterested in hos....wears loud hawaiin shirts....Likes a drink or two...the sanest guy ive come across in pattaya so far....

Most tourists and expats living on the cheap don't care about what happens here. They just want their happy life in Thailand. If they really cared about human rights, they might leave, Those without choices stay and moan more. It's all about the money in the end. The potential tourists who care about human rights don't visit Thailand. And others have chosen to stay away from Thailand. Some don't care about human rights and the abuses of the un-elected regime in power.

And most who live extremely extravagant lifestyle dont either, as most time, they are more happy in Thailand than in their own part of the world, if you live in Thailand and are still bitter, well best to look at yourself,...

alive - seems a very bitter sad person, spouting a lot of rubbish. why doe he stay here

Standby ladies and gentlemen, anyone who now says anything remotely negative or critical about LoS is going to have this so called ' survey ' giggle.gif thrown in their face.

Coming from the most negative person, nah anti-Thai, I've ever seen in 12 years on this forum.

Always have to get your little dig in no matter how erroneous. .