Romance Scam gang leader arrested - one of nine Thai women pretending to be one handsome, rich faran

rooster59

Nigeria, hub of world scams. They leave even the Chinese and the Russians in the dust.

It is the same scam,used many times for decades,must be successful.You can't fix stupid.I know a Thai nurse who spent $10,000 on some love scam.She is not greedy,just lonely.

Many men are scammed by a woman, (or a guy saying he is a woman) in just the same way,,

On 7/30/2016 at 2:14 PM, louse1953 said:

It is the same scam,used many times for decades,must be successful.You can't fix stupid.I know a Thai nurse who spent $10,000 on some love scam.She is not greedy,just lonely.

Agree.  These scams work in the west as well, ripping off both farang men and women.  It's not just Thai women who fall for it.  While it's hard to feel sympathetic, the type of Thai women who fall for these type of scams are never young and attractive women.  For one, young women don't have a lot of money and two, attractive women don't need to chase some foreign prince in some far away land.  It's always going to be the older, lonely, desperate types. 

On 7/30/2016 at 9:57 AM, Time Traveller said:
On 7/30/2016 at 8:41 AM, shirtless said:

It only works with people who have bad intentions and a low IQ

Is that how you justify your disdain for people who trust others?

I don't think it is disdain to question the intentions or intelligence of trusting people. In fact, trusting someone you have never met is naivety at best, stupidity would be more accurate. 

On 7/30/2016 at 2:47 PM, laobali said:

That was where these scams originated in the 90s; they taught the rest of the world!

Hardly grasshopper, hardly. These scams have been around forever. In Vietnam in the 60's mamasans or older bar girls who had managed to learn English would write letters for the girls to their johns promising unrequited love for some money today. My uncle was a China sailor in the 30's, the same situation took place there with older working women writing letters for the younger ones.  Love scams  have been topic of books and movies. Names such as Casanova have been around since the early 18th century, or terms such as gigilo have been around since the early 20th century. I'll wager scams and ripoffs go back to the cavemen days--when any group of people got together.

Nigerians.
Remember these scams ever sinse starting working in foreign countries in the seveenties at that time they seemed to lockon to expats presumably because they earned good salaries and they're still at it but now I see they're roping in Thai women. 

Edited by swerver

3 minutes ago, swerver said:

Nigerians.
Remember these scams ever sinse starting working in foreign countries in the seveenties at that time they seemed to lockon to expats presumably because they earned good salaries and they're still at it but now I see they're roping in Thai women. 

On 7/30/2016 at 9:39 AM, petedk said:

Greed!

I know a girl who has been chatting for 9 nine months with a lady she met on Facebook. The lady claims to be a rich British lady and is interested in helping this girl and her family.

Last week she came to me for help in translating some documents. Apparently the women in England has transferred 9,5 million pounds to this girl's account. I said to her ":who on earth would give you 450 million baht without ever meeting you?" I told her to ignore everything.

She got quite angry and said that I didn't understand. This lady had become her best friend.

I haven't heard anymore from her. I just hope she didn't fall for this scam.

People are so gullible.

Please tell this British woman I am a great guy, even if she is a lesbian.  I take Western Union

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM, blazes said:

Nigeria, hub of world scams. They leave even the Chinese and the Russians in the dust.

Actually the USA is the world hub of scams....from A to Z ..and then some.

Cheers