New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

When using the Android app I would say the majority of areas I try to open I end up with just a "Loading...."  but never load.  But some areas open right up or open up with only a few seconds Loading time..  Before the upgrade all areas opened quickly.  I have logged out and then back in....cleared the App's cache and data...and also did an uninstall and reinstall--nothing helps.    

13 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Balo - Which version of the app are you using the 5.x version on android or the old version?

TD

The new one , you know the one that adds " Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app "  

Is there a way to remove that signature btw ? 

The new app only works with "Participated" and you can browse other forums. But clicking on "new" posts and "unread" it always start on the last page , so it's not possible to read from my last unread post unless I use browsers instead. 

On 11/15/2016 at 1:44 PM, evadgib said:

More probs when using an android box plumbed in to a telly:

1. Clicking on links contained within posts results in a completely blank page opening every time. I have to paste the link manually in order to see the point being raised which quite often means I don't bother.

2. The 'What are you watching'  thread in Ferang pub drops out of my 'Posted in' preferences after a few days causing me to miss new posts on one of the best threads on the entire site. I haven't noticed this happening on any other page.

'UK Pensions' thread suffers the same fate.

I wonder how much this new front end cost because even after a couple of months it is still awful.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Cool on that one... Make posts easy to read.

Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.

The new software downgrade (This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message) has created just that very thing. It used to be a forum but is now just a series of sound bites..

Hi @balo

Sure you can change the signature by selecting the "Three Dots" at the top right, selecting settings. Then change the signature.

to change the last page issue, goto settings again, edit discussion view -> Loading behavior... that should fix it.

TD

Yes I got rid of the signature , but my settings are already on "last unread" under Loading behavior. And thats a BIG problem . Unread content is useless when you have to manually go back to the start of the thread. Only Participated works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tech DoctorHelp!  Where are the "Activity" options?

I have just been reading and posting in several areas and cannot find the "Activity" sub-menu!

It used to look like this (Capture 5 attached)

Capture5.JPG

Now it looks like this (Capture 14 attached)

Capture14.JPG

Is this new or have I not been paying attention?????

Edited by VBF

8 hours ago, VBF said:

@Tech DoctorHelp!  Where are the "Activity" options?

I have just been reading and posting in several areas and cannot find the "Activity" sub-menu!

It used to look like this (Capture 5 attached)

Capture5.JPG

Now it looks like this (Capture 14 attached)

Capture14.JPG

Is this new or have I not been paying attention?????

Click on "view new content"/"ownership" to get activity.  Yes there has been a lot of change going on - from yesterday until today it has changed again.  "My Activity" is also back if you click on your name at top right corner.

Edited by lopburi3

43 minutes ago, transam said:

It has all got too complicated here....OK for the whizz kids but for an ol' chap like me....:saai:

If you could work the old site, you can work the new one. It's not understanding that's the problem, just aversion to change. 

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Click on "view new content"/"ownership" to get activity.  Yes there has been a lot of change going on - from yesterday until today it has changed again.  "My Activity" is also back if you click on your name at top right corner.

@lopburi3 Thank you - all is now back to how it was (in my first capture image)

@Tech Doctor You said that "no one should have been moving the activity menu,....." but I promise you that my screen captures last night were accurate. I tried it on 2 different PCs over the course of the evening. Possibly the overnight patch activity had some odd side effects - anyway, it's back to normal now which is the important thing. :thumbsup: