Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Didn't see any proof of that in your link from the Washington Post. It is the same people that said he would never be the Republican candidate and the same people who said that he would never be President - sour grapes.

When are you guys going to stop with the 'sour grapes', 'bad losers', 'snow fakes' 'nah nah nah nah nah' ? It is like listening to school boys. The USA is becoming a global LAUGHING STOCK, it is facing a crisis, and I for one would prefer not to see my brothers in arms that I have fought alongside with fall down a black hole. There seems to be no situational awareness amongst you or your peers about just how grave this situation is.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stander said:

Trump does not want to create jobs. He wants to create an economy that encourages businesses to create jobs. Liberals cannot fathom the idea of job creation that isn't stimulated by reckless government spending.

Trumpies cannot fathom the idea that not everyone who disagrees with them is a "liberal", or that liberals don't follow the convenient stereotype the Trumpies have in their tiny little minds.  They also can't fathom that there is a big difference between vague, grand promises and actual plans that will get results.

So far the only remotely specific plan Trump has made that would lead to job growth is a promise to cut taxes and increase infrastructure spending.  Remember how President George W. cut taxes, increased spending, and turned record federal surpluses into record federal deficits?

Obama's presidency is proof that federal government spending cannot be the kick starter for job creation in a country that values economic freedom. Entrepreneurs that believe in the American workforce have always been the driving force behind successful American economies. 

3 hours ago, stander said:

Obama scores the worst legislative record in history. Signed less bills into law than one-term Carter.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/17/president-obama-scores-poorly-working-congress-leg/

So the Republicans achieved their stated goal, of filibustering more than 800 bills put through to congress and the senate.  Well done, and now you gloat on it and blame Obama. To be honest keep Trump, with a mindset like you are displaying on here, if you are American the US is screwed anyway. If 40% of the country think like you do it is probably a lost cause. As most Trump voters probably have 6 or more kids I guess in a generation you will be putting his face on Mount Rushmore.

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

So the Republicans achieved their stated goal, of filibustering more than 800 bills put through to congress and the senate.  Well done, and now you gloat on it and blame Obama. To be honest keep Trump, with a mindset like you are displaying on here, if you are American the US is screwed anyway. If 40% of the country think like you do it is probably a lost cause. As most Trump voters probably have 6 or more kids I guess in a generation you will be putting his face on Mount Rushmore.

I'm not sure how they will carve the hair, but I hope do.

Seriously, this topic is about a comment, made by an outgoing President. He was simply trying to do his job as Democrat. I consider the source when I hear opinions, and do not give any credibility to Obama's claims. Don't take my word for it, Factcheck.org has a good article today, on Obama's dishonest statements.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Until one of the darkest days in American history.

The founders tried to structure a system to prevent such a dangerous DEMAGOGUE from taking the presidency, but the founders failed. 

Well the womens march will try and stop it. I am just pissed he might actually swear the oath of office. Even then when he is sitting in a supermax for 20 years after his numerous cases for impeachment arise he will say "I was PeeOTUS". It is a gross indictment of the current state of the US political system, which sadly affects us all.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Until one of the darkest days in American history.

The founders tried to structure a system to prevent such a dangerous DEMAGOGUE from taking the presidency, but the founders failed. 

No, the system worked perfectly, well not perfectly, but gave us the best choice under the circumstances.

Edited by beechguy

Citing grizzlies, education nominee says states should determine school gun policies

"Washington (CNN)Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald Trump's education secretary nominee,

said it should be up to states whether guns are allowed in schools, citing grizzly bear protection as part of her answer."

"I will refer back to Sen. Enzi and the school he is talking about in Wyoming. I think probably there,

I would imagine there is probably a gun in a school to protect from potential grizzlies," she said."

"The comment drew some laughs in the room." :whistling:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politics/betsy-devos-grizzly-bears-donald-trump-guns/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/01/18/six-astonishing-things-betsy-devos-said-and-refused-to-say-at-her-confirmation-hearing/?utm_term=.4b601217df57

That's the goofiest "reasoning" i've heard since the con-man babbled this:

"There are places for wind but if you go to various places in California, wind is killing all of the eagles," Trump said.

"They’re killing them by the hundreds."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/31/donald-trump/trump-exaggerates-wind-turbine-eagle-deaths/

"While discussing the number of eagles that are killed by wind turbines, Trump said that

“if you shoot an eagle … they want to put you in jail for five years.” Actually, the maximum penalty is a one-year imprisonment."

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/trumps-hot-air-on-wind-energy/

Just making stuff up...

Obama's advice to Trump: 'Reality has a way of biting back'

"President Barack Obama has revealed his advice to successor Donald Trump as he gave the last press conference at the White House."

"This is a job of such magnitude that you can't do it by yourself," Mr Obama said. "Reality has a way of biting back."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38671714

Trump pays out $25 million to settle Trump University litigation

"Days before President-elect Donald Trump is set to take the oath to uphold the Constitution, he has followed through on a more painful obligation: coughing up $25 million to settle litigation over his defunct Trump University real estate seminar program."

"Trump University — now known as the Trump Entrepreneur Initiative — transferred the funds Tuesday night, according to two sources involved."

"Last March, Trump vowed not to settle the long-running litigation —

two federal class-action fraud lawsuits and a parallel state court action brought by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-university-lawsuit-settlement-233772

No surprise about skirting this scam.

The con-man's vows are all just empty rhetoric.

More to come...:thumbsup:

Anonymous to Trump: You Will ‘Regret’ the Next 4 Years

"Anonymous, the loose collective of online hackers, issued an ominous warning to President-elect Donald Trump ahead of his inauguration, telling the billionaire he's going to "regret" the next four years."

"On Twitter, the group put out a call to action to its followers, urging them to expose any potential compromising information they can find about the soon-to-be new leader of the free world."

"This isn't the 80's any longer, information doesn't vanish, it is all out there. You are going to regret the next 4 years. @realDonaldTrump,"

reads a tweet from @YourAnonCentral, an account used to disseminate information amongst the hacker group."

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/anonymous-trump-you-will-regret-next-4-years-n708401

Let's hope there is a shower of revelations... :laugh:

Schumer grills Trump on 'swamp cabinet'

“This is a swamp cabinet full of bankers and billionaires,” Schumer told reporters at his weekly press conference."

"The Senate minority leader also criticized Republicans for scheduling so many hearings — some of them even as nominees failed to hand in paperwork to the Office of Government Ethics."

“The last two weeks have not been good for open and transparent government,” he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/314867-schumer-grills-trump-on-swamp-cabinet

The Swamp Cabinet. :clap2:

Fact Checking Donald Trump’s Job Creation Claims

"Donald Trump has consistently sought credit for the several high-profile jobs announcements made by big companies

in the weeks following his election."

"Mary Barra, GM's CEO, is on President-elect Trump's economic policy team. Yet she has specifically rebuffed his argument,

made in tweets and speeches, that American companies should move more car manufacturing into the U.S."

"Speaking at a car show this month, Barra said GM will continue to "build where we sell," citing the company's supply chain of production and sales in China and the U.S."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fact-checking-donald-trump-s-job-creation-claims-n708476

Reality.

Edited by iReason

Trump's limited vocabulary reflects a narrow mind :

In a transcript of an interview with the New York Times published on 23 November 2016, executive editor Dean Baquet makes reference to the National Policy Institute (NPI) conference in Washington D.C., during which members of the group could be seen raising their arms in a Nazi-like salute.

Without mentioning NPI by name, Trump said:

First of all, I don’t want to energize the group. I’m not looking to energize them. I don’t want to energize the group, and I disavow the group. They, again, I don’t know if it’s reporting or whatever. I don’t know where they were four years ago, and where they were for Romney and McCain and all of the other people that ran, so I just don’t know, I had nothing to compare it to.

But it’s not a group I want to energize, and if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why.

What we do want to do is we want to bring the country together, because the country is very, very divided, and that’s one thing I did see, big league. It’s very, very divided, and I’m going to work very hard to bring the country together.

19 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump is definitely going to take care of business starting on day one.  Up to 5 Executive Orders per day to clean up the government! :smile:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/18/sean-spicer-trump-to-impose-up-to-five-executive-orders-on-day-one/

How do you muster such conviction? Give faith a bad name.

20 hours ago, iReason said:

Schumer grills Trump on 'swamp cabinet'

“This is a swamp cabinet full of bankers and billionaires,” Schumer told reporters at his weekly press conference."

"The Senate minority leader also criticized Republicans for scheduling so many hearings — some of them even as nominees failed to hand in paperwork to the Office of Government Ethics."

“The last two weeks have not been good for open and transparent government,” he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/314867-schumer-grills-trump-on-swamp-cabinet

The Swamp Cabinet. :clap2:

Schumer is scared.

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

Schumer is scared.

All Americans should be scared.

What we expect from a woefully unfit president? He's starting to deliver.

God help us.

Donald Trump has assembled the worst Cabinet in American history

Donald Trump’s cabinet brings with it a combination of ethical problems, inexperience, hostility to the missions of the departments its members are being called to lead, and plain old ignorance that is simply unprecedented.

This is shaping up to be nothing less than the worst cabinet in American history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/19/donald-trump-has-assembled-the-worst-cabinet-in-american-history/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c9877dab2d40

Not just woefully unfit, but attitudinally wrong for the job. 

Speaking to the first lady, this article applauds Melenia's refusal to move into the White House but I suggest another example why the Trumps are not remotely calibrated to be potus'es. Game show hosts. This is not casual job nor even a sinister version of House of Cards, but something real. 

The infrastructure is in that building for a reason. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/19/melania-trump-refuses-to-act-like-a-first-lady-good-for-her/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_2_na

On 1/15/2017 at 3:13 PM, iReason said:

Report: CIA set up task-force in 2016 to investigate possible Russian funding of Trump's campaign

"A US counterintelligence task force was established by the CIA in 2016 to investigate possible Russian funding of

President-elect Donald Trump's presidential campaign, the BBC reported on Friday."

"The task force included the FBI, the Treasury and Justice Departments, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence,

and the National Security Agency (NSA)."

"It was set up after the director of the CIA, John Brennan, received a recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into Trump's campaign coffers, the BBC's Paul Wood reported. The recording was apparently passed to the CIA by the intelligence agency of one of the Baltic States."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-dossier-claims-cia-2017-1

Well, well, well... :whistling:

Perhaps we should be grateful that the Russians didn't influence the US election like the US used to "influence" governments in South and Central America. 

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well speaking of delivering, your guy Obama has certainly done a bang up job this week. Schumer is just afraid of getting washed out of the swamp, just like most people, on both sides of the aisle.

And once again, I'm not a big fan of Trump, just a far worse fan of Hillary. If the Democrats want me to vote for someone else, give me a viable candidate, not a proven failure.

I think a lot of this, is equivalent to watching WWE wrestling. They throw each other around verbally, etc. but behind the scenes  they know they have to deal with each other.