GOP frustrations with Trump mount as allies weigh options

webfact

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

What planet do you live on? If you think there is a network left in the US that does not have a political bias, please let us all know, so we can watch it. Of course CNN has bias. As does Fox, and all of the networks. Even the newspapers have bias. Since when don't they? CNN is a modest counterbalance to Fox. 

I am grounded firmly here on Planet Earth Mike. 

At this time I don't think we have many options on that subject.

My post was simply being considerate to my fellow TVF member by asking his opinion in the same civillity he offered me. Personally, I see as much skewed reporting on CNN today as I do Fox--just like you have pointed out.

Cheers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Apparently his campaign manager manafort, his kids, and his top donors are freaking out at this point, at their inability to reign him in. They have a meeting, and he swears he can keep it under control. and then someone says something, or he reads something, and he goes off. And I mean goes off. He is a man child, with the emotional development of a 12 year old boy. Is that who we want to have codes to the nuclear arsenal? 

They do not understand why he won’t let the Khan thing go. It is a monumental miscalculation on his part. You just do not insult a dead veteran, even if they were Muslim. Especially when you have been the beneficiary of 5 (five!) deferments from service. He was so scared to fight, so petrified of being on the front line, he did everything in his power, and used all of the influence of his rich dad, to avoid doing the very thing he is insulting brave people for doing. 

He is in meltdown. and with the temperament he is showing, I am very worried about him getting us into wars. Someone would insult him and he would start dropping bombs. To say he does not have the temperament to be president is one of the great understatements of our era. 

Sorry but the President cannot just start dropping bombs at his whim. 

Furthermore, I would bet that he did not need to beg his father to help him get these deferments. The parents of all those draft dodgers were more than happy to keep their kids out of harms way. 

24 minutes ago, Credo said:

Speaking the truth, even if you don't like, does not make it biased.   

Mainstream news media, such as CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NY Times, BBC, are fairly objective.  Fox News is heavily biased to the right.  Most right wingers think Fox is moderate, so of course, everyone else would appear liberal.  I just wish mainstream media wouldn't try to appease these right wingers so much, like CNN hiring all those loonie Trump supporters.  As you say, speaking the truth (e.g., criticizing Trump) shouldn't make one biased.  

24 minutes ago, Credo said:

Speaking the truth, even if you don't like, does not make it biased.   

Not suggesting your post was directed at anyone inparticular; however, delivering partial truths while omitting equally relevant truths does make it biased. 

You will have to excuse me but I remember a time in American history when News Outlets took pride in unbiased reporting...the goal was actually delivering the whole truth when reporting a story.

When Trump was asked what his daughter Ivanka would/should do if sexually harassed (by the boss) at her workplace, here is Trump's response:  She should quit, and get another job.

Here's why that's the wrong answer:  If she quits, then the sexual predator suffers nothing (except a rebuff) and won't change his ways.  He will likely keep preying on every attractive chick within groping distance until he's senile and wrinkled.

What Trump should have said is:  Ivanka should report the predator to proper authorities, so he can be exposed (sorry for the word) and disciplined.

Trump's son did scarce better, saying his sister is too strong to be sexually harassed.  That's BS.  Sometimes it's the strongest women who get victimized.  Strength has little to do with it.  Ivanka can get preyed upon as easily as Meghan Kelly or any other attractive young woman. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Apparently his campaign manager manafort, his kids, and his top donors are freaking out at this point, at their inability to reign him in. They have a meeting, and he swears he can keep it under control. and then someone says something, or he reads something, and he goes off. And I mean goes off. He is a man child, with the emotional development of a 12 year old boy. Is that who we want to have codes to the nuclear arsenal? 

They do not understand why he won’t let the Khan thing go. It is a monumental miscalculation on his part. You just do not insult a dead veteran, even if they were Muslim. Especially when you have been the beneficiary of 5 (five!) deferments from service. He was so scared to fight, so petrified of being on the front line, he did everything in his power, and used all of the influence of his rich dad, to avoid doing the very thing he is insulting brave people for doing. 

He is in meltdown. and with the temperament he is showing, I am very worried about him getting us into wars. Someone would insult him and he would start dropping bombs. To say he does not have the temperament to be president is one of the great understatements of our era. 

"He is a man child, with the emotional development of a 12 year old boy. "

I have met many 12 year olds far more mature than DT (and I'm not joking).

57 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Sorry but the President cannot just start dropping bombs at his whim. 

Furthermore, I would bet that he did not need to beg his father to help him get these deferments. The parents of all those draft dodgers were more than happy to keep their kids out of harms way. 

"Furthermore, I would bet that he did not need to beg his father to help him get these deferments."

So what? Does that make the Trumpet less of a chicken?

50 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Mainstream news media, such as CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NY Times, BBC, are fairly objective.  Fox News is heavily biased to the right.  Most right wingers think Fox is moderate, so of course, everyone else would appear liberal.  I just wish mainstream media wouldn't try to appease these right wingers so much, like CNN hiring all those loonie Trump supporters.  As you say, speaking the truth (e.g., criticizing Trump) shouldn't make one biased.  

"As you say, speaking the truth (e.g., criticizing Trump) shouldn't make one biased."

No, in my book it would make you sane.

4 minutes ago, MZurf said:

"As you say, speaking the truth (e.g., criticizing Trump) shouldn't make one biased."

And here I thought that news sources were supposed to report news events. I do not think it is the role of the news media to "criticize" or pass judgement.

Just now, ClutchClark said:

And here I thought that news sources were supposed to report news events. I do not think it is the role of the news media to "criticize" or pass judgement.

So when someone reports that the Trumpet had a baby thrown out of an event that's passing judgement.

You see, the Trumpet does so many idiotic things that there is no need to criticize, reporting will do just fine.

I'm not sure I want him to quit because he will be easier to beat than if the republicans had put up a not insane choice but to rephrase an opinion piece I read, he probably will NOT quit. No matter what.

He loves the attention.

He seems to already know he will probably lose so he's already setting us up for a very nationally destructive excuse that the presidency will be stolen from him ... to make the Clinton presidency illegitimate. 

Very unpatriotic of him ... but no surprise, the man is very dangerous, win or lose.

There have been many other candidates that lost, even some lost in by massive landslides.

But if he quits before the election, he will be the BIGGEST LOSER in American presidential history.

For a man obsessed with WINNING, he just won't be able to do that. 

14 minutes ago, MZurf said:

5 minutes ago, MZurf said:

So when someone reports that the Trumpet had a baby thrown out of an event that's passing judgement.

You see, the Trumpet does so many idiotic things that there is no need to criticize, reporting will do just fine.

You said "criticize" in your post.

I responded.

I do not know what events you were thinking of when you said, "Criticizing Trump should not make one biased".

Only you know.

however, offering criticism involves passing judgement.

Edited by ClutchClark

10 minutes ago, MZurf said:

So when someone reports that the Trumpet had a baby thrown out of an event that's passing judgment?

17 minutes ago, MZurf said:

"Furthermore, I would bet that he did not need to beg his father to help him get these deferments."

So what? Does that make the Trumpet less of a chicken?

I was simply offering a correction to your statement.

I don't know many men who were excited to be drafted to Vietnam.

If given the opportunity to have strings pulled so they would not have to go then many would have taken it.

Were they chicken in the manner you suggest? 

Maybe they were just not excited to go into a total cluster****  where they could get their a** blown off.

Do I support Trump, Clinton, GWB, Cheney, etc for evading the draft? No I do not. 

Do I think they should benefit by their actions? No I do not.

But I also think one should remember the context and I am not sure you do.

7 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

You said "criticize" in your post.

I responded.

I do not know what events you were thinking of when you said, "Criticizing Trump should not make one biased".

Only you know.

however, offering criticism involves passing judgement.

"I do not know what events you were thinking of when you said, "Criticizing Trump should not make one biased"."

I never said that, Berkshire did.

3 minutes ago, MZurf said:

"I do not know what events you were thinking of when you said, "Criticizing Trump should not make one biased"."

I never said that, Berkshire did.

Well then I owe you an apology.

I need to go put on my reading glasses.

But the point remains that I did not say "Criticize"...as was suggested.

Edited by ClutchClark

3 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I was simply offering a correction to your statement.

I don't know many men who were excited to be drafted to Vietnam.

If given the opportunity to have strings pulled so they would not have to go then many would have taken it.

Were they chicken in the manner you suggest? 

Maybe they were just not excited to go into a total cluster****  where they could get their a** blown off.

Do I support Trump, Clinton, GWB, Cheney, etc for evading the draft? No I do not. 

Do I think they should benefit by their actions? No I do not.

But I also think one should remember the context and I am not sure you do.

" I was simply offering a correction to your statement. "

Which statement is that?

2 minutes ago, MZurf said:

" I was simply offering a correction to your statement. "

Which statement is that?

Twice now it has grabbed the wrong quote.

Can we get back the option to embed a chain of quotes like before the upgrade.

Apologies ZMurf.

Just now, ClutchClark said:

Twice now it has grabbed the wrong quote.

Can we get back the option to embed a chain of quotes like before the upgrade.

Apologies ZMurf.

No worries. The new version does have a lot of bugs.

Trump is good entertainment but the republicans deserve a candidate who has a chance of winning.  I think we all hope that there is someone in the shadows who will come forward and kick Donald into touch and pick up the gauntlet but I fear that ain't going to happen.  So the republicans will keep running around in circles trying put out the fires that Trump keeps lighting.  The supporters of the duck will keep defending his every word no matter how ridiculous those words are and Clinton will waltz into the White House after winning the election.  At that point all Trump's supporters will claim the election was rigged and the rest of the world will breathe a sigh of relief.

The republicans kind of deserve trump.

They created the conditions to nominate him.

Hopefully the nation and world won't deserve trump though.

However, it's clear now, sadly, that with the probably defeat of trump, the damage won't be over.

He'll be determined to push his conspiracy theory insanity to his large enough base and continue to incite an extremely toxic and divisive (and non-functional) political environment on the nation. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

blames his campaign staff for not keeping top Republicans in line.

Not exactly into unifying the GOP which usually takes cooperation through mutual understanding and common ground. Trump is treating the whole GOP as if it was the Apprentice. And he's about ready to fire it.

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The republicans kind of deserve trump.

They created the conditions to nominate him.

He'll be determined to push his conspiracy theory insanity to his large enough base and continue to incite an extremely toxic and divisive (and non-functional) political environment on the nation. 

You are only looking out of your right eye.

When you open them both then you will see they are the same conditions that created Bernie.

It is a failed political 2-party system that serves Corporate Interests and not the American citizen and voter.

The great thing is that the young voters see the hypocrisy that blind partisan BS has created. They supported Ron Paul in 2012 and Bernie in 2016 ( and a minority voted for Trump as well). 

Lets Trump to become President. He will fail in every way possible, and will be defeated in 4 years for totally new candidates. He and Hillary will be retired from politics, and a new party may be on the race. If Clinton wins, nothing will change at all..probably for another 8 years or more. Trump is unpredictable.  Lets have some fun for the next 4 years!!!

34 minutes ago, Muzarella said:

Lets Trump to become President. He will fail in every way possible, and will be defeated in 4 years for totally new candidates. He and Hillary will be retired from politics, and a new party may be on the race. If Clinton wins, nothing will change at all..probably for another 8 years or more. Trump is unpredictable.  Lets have some fun for the next 4 years!!!

That's the nihilist POV. Destructive politics for entertainment value. That's a big part of the trump base. Very sad.

34 minutes ago, Muzarella said:

Fun?? Well, if you consider Russian Roulette fun then, yeah, knock yourself out (not a figure of speech).