After cracked ballot box, Election Commission fails again with loose security seals

snoop1130

After cracked ballot box, Election Commission fails again with loose security seals

By Coconuts Bangkok

matichon_0.jpg

Screenshot: Matichon

After his failed attempt to prove how “strong” the new ballot boxes are by throwing one around and cracking it in a room full of reporters, Somchai Srisutthiyakorn of the Election Commission managed to go viral again last night — this time demonstrating the weakness of the ballot box’s plastic strap.

In a press conference yesterday, Somchai showed off the colorful security straps that will be used to seal the ballot boxes during the vote on Sunday. He said there was no way an outsider could open the boxes because the straps are super strong.

To prove his point, he challenged the press to try to break the strap. After a petite journalist failed to unseal the strap, Somchai requested for a “big reporter with a powerful grip” to come onto the stage, Matichon reported.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/05/after-cracked-ballot-box-election-commission-fails-again-loose-security-seals-video

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-05

So the ballot boxes truely represent the referendum. A broken plastic attempt to secure the peoples rights and country's future!

Who said there is no justice in Thailand. The officials just proved their level of incompetence in front of the media.

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Just imagine if someone had a scissor or knife! But of course no one would think of that.

I suppose the official response would be that since no one would think about using a knife or scissors they don't have to think about counter measures.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Just imagine if someone had a scissor or knife! But of course no one would think of that.

Its not about the strength of the device like that its to see if it tamper proof. You can't make a ballot box that is totally safe. But what you can make is one that shows it once you opened it (using special seals). The moment you then find such a ballot box the whole content is invalid. 

Last time i was in the Netherlands they just worked with seals of a metal alloy (easy to break open) but the point was just to see if it could be tampered with. 

Problem here would be of course that new seals would be floating around because of corruption and it being not so tightly controlled. 

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Amazing how Thai officials seem to go out of their way to make fools of themselves.

It seems to be a gift. A natural propensity.

I took a ride down to the local town yesterday. The natural propensity of Thais to imitate suicidal behaviour on the roads led to me asking my (Thai) wife if this was the National Thai Blithering Idiots Day.

She said it probably was, and just shook her head.

As to the fails of the Election Commission, I truly can't understand why anyone would be surprised.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Poor Somchai he just does not seem able to score a victory. I wonder who pocketed all the profit from buying these shoddy goods. Does it really matter? I think the junta learned their lesson from the last vote. As the saying is on Star Trek they can make it so. Its a hard choice proceed onward to elections or keep the status quo. I think the later will prevail. Will the people actually have spoken??

Edited by elgordo38

5 hours ago, mesterm said:

Beautiful. Thailand summarized in 2 videos.

Yes. A total (freedom-smashing) moron treating the whole country as even more moronic than himself. And in true moronic style: he cannot even see what an utter fool and cosmic joke he is!

Edited by Eligius

21 hours ago, cockatoowho said:

Trust me I am Thai.

Add, nothing is ever checked, 'too serious!'

I'm aware of large %of pay rise letters in wrong envelopes, company has 5,000 staff.

Ultimately the 4 staff who were seriously instructed to double check correct letter in correct envelope were asked 'what happened?' in fact they put the letters into envelopes around midnight with a number of outside friends in the room who were partying.   

All 4 were sacked after they made video on their knees apologizing to the full staff of the company. They complained to the police 'boss too serious'. Police told them quick smart to disappear.

Edited by scorecard