dagling

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/2/2016 at 7:41 AM, JAS21 said:

This is somewhat confusing ...everybody and his dog knows of the oil drain time limit on the 3.2 5 pot.  They handed the car back to you with the oil light illuminated....

As your Ford should still be under warranty ... 3.2L hasn't bern out 3 years has it ...that was done at a Ford dealership.....

First 5 ford 3.2 wildtracks arrived in Phuket in August/ september 2012, all  ordered and deposits paid, about 12 months waiting time for new orders at that time 

Edited by madmax2

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

First 5 ford 3.2 wildtracks arrived in Phuket in August/ september 2012, all  ordered and deposits paid, about 12 months waiting time for new orders at that time 

Yes ... why was there no availability :sad: ... the Wildtrak was not even on display at the December Motorshow that year.

13 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... why was there no availability :sad: ... the Wildtrak was not even on display at the December Motorshow that year.

From what i was told a shortage of plastic parts made in India caused the backlog

Hundreds of back orders means they were delivered straight away and none were available for showroom display until about 2014/2015

As JTB said ford australia are supplied from ford thailand and the had to try and keep both markets happy, which they failed miserably in doing

On 11/18/2016 at 9:20 AM, JAS21 said:

As I mentioned somewhere else ... read the Ford Australia Forum ...for Ranger/Wildtrak problems

23 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Also the 4x4 community forum, South Africa

Member of both for about  6 years plus a couple of others and a local, Thai-language one since I bought my first Ranger. Not a lot of serious, consistent or recurring problems at all. But there's always the odd one or two lemons that seem to stick in the mind.... like bad news.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Member of both for about  6 years plus a couple of others and a local, Thai-language one since I bought my first Ranger. Not a lot of serious, consistent or recurring problems at all. But there's always the odd one or two lemons that seem to stick in the mind.... like bad news.

We got a lemon with a faulty transmission which ford has not been able to fix so far and we are waiting on a part again

It happens with all makes i know, but i have never had a problem with parts supply from other manufacturers 

• 3 weeks later...
I have a wild track 3.2 auto, it's one year old with 60km on the clock (I used it for work), its had three problems

1. An oil seal which is reported by someone else on the thread, this was done under warranty (3 years or 100km)
2. One I stopped at a shopping mall, when I came back the engine would not turnover to begin with, over the next few days it happened more and more and eventually Ford took it away, they reset the system and it's been alright since, this made we nervous, as I don't think it was a software problem
3. Just recently and it's happened 3 times the tickover becomes erratic and the engine cuts out. When I took it to Ford they said they could not find a problem, but reset the system (I don't believe they did anything), so I'm expecting further problems

My experience so far has not been good and doubt if I would buy any Ford again.

With kind regards

Colin

Just had another "event" this time the starter did not disengage on turn on, it happen 3 times and has not happened again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

The engine uneven running and cutting out could be the crankshaft sensor ... a known problem ...unfortunately 'apparently' you don't always get a fault code.

I was lucky as mine actually stalled at traffic lights whilst mechanic was testing it. Even then the dealer had to get permission from Ford to change it as no fault code.

When the engine stalls the brakes still work but the electronic steering gets a bit heavy!

The 3.2Ltr has three supplier part problems ...now apparently sorted.

Rear engine oil seal

Crankshaft sensor

Exhaust O2 sensor

I'm still waiting for the third one ...

I was told last week that the Crankshaft sensor is now a RECALL so go and ask ...

Edited by JAS21
Extra info at end

The engine uneven running and cutting out could be the crankshaft sensor ... a known problem ...unfortunately 'apparently' you don't always get a fault code.

I was lucky as mine actually stalled at traffic lights whilst mechanic was testing it. Even then the dealer had to get permission from Ford to change it as no fault code.

When the engine stalls the brakes still work but the electronic steering gets a bit heavy!

Thanks for that, My dealer lack experience because it's new, so they have to see it to believe it.

Thanks

Colin

6 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

Thanks for that, My dealer lack experience because it's new, so they have to see it to believe it.

Thanks

Colin

I edited whilst you were replying so read the last bit ....and if the starter doesn't know that the engine is running maybe it won't know to disengage either ... just a thought

Edited by JAS21

29 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

The Ranger has hydraulic power steering.

Edit: woopsie, the PX has Hydraulic, the PX2 has electric.

Edited by Don Mega

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

The Ranger has hydraulic power steering.

I just assumed that it was the same as the EV ... my engine first cut out in Phu Tub Beok so was extra careful driving back down them there hills ... ....

Just now, JAS21 said:

I just assumed that it was the same as the EV ... my engine first cut out in Phu Tub Beok so was extra careful driving back down them there hills ... ....

Yeah I editted my post, you are correct, the new facelift model has the electric steer.