EU mum on Duterte's f… rant

webfact

EU mum on Duterte's f… rant

220901-wpcf_728x410.jpg

MANILA: -- The European delegation to the Philippines kept mum on President Rodrigo Duterte’s latest rant against Brussels for condemning his administration’s deadly drug war, The Manila Times Online reported on Thursday.

“We don’t comment on comments,” said the EU delegation in a brief statement on Wednesday.

The statement added that the EU and the Philippines enjoy good relations and will continue to discuss the drug issue, among many others.

Duterte on Tuesday lashed out at the EU, saying they were hypocrites in calling him out over the rising number of drug-related killings in the Philippines.

“I read the condemnation of the European Union against me. I will tell them, f... you. You are doing it in atonement for your sins,” Duterte said in a speech before local government officials in Davao City.

Philippines’ next permanent representative to the United Nations, Teodoro Locsin Jr. on Wednesday told the EU to fix its own problems before meddling with domestic issues.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/eu-mum-dutertes-f-rant/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-22

Great to see him standing up to the bullies at the EU - even though I strongly disagree with his "war on drugs" or any war on drugs for that matter. Anyone following his violent war on casual drug users will be aware that Lord Anthony 3rd Baron Moynihans daughter was executed by police gun last week  in Manila- she apparently had a couple of meth pils in her pocket - probably planted.

Pm, and presidents comes and go, good one, bad one and all in between, Duterte may kill thousands of them but after he's gone, it's going to go back to normal in no time, the lure of a quick money never failed to bring out the worst in mankind....

Standard sanctimonious criticism from politically correct (PC) losers and 'human rights' (HR) advocates.

He said what he would do if they voted for him, the PC losers said he would never win, he won by a landslide, and now he is doing exactly what he said he would.  And he doesn't give a rats rear about PC or HR issues or advocates telling him and his people what he can and cannot do.  And fair enough - he was fairly and openly voted into Office.

PC losers and HR libertarians and all the other left-leaning  people, are being thrown out - all over the world. The majority have had a gutfull of all the rubbish and trash (druggies, crime, illegals, etc etc) that grow and grow everywhere the PC ideologies and HR 'instructions' of the loony left have ruled. Brexit was just the beginning for EU - they are doomed.  What is happening in Philippines is a part of it too. Same with Trump. Same in Germany. Same in Switzerland.  

After WW2 there were a lot of 'well intentioned' things (UN etc.) put in place to stop the same thing as what caused WW1 and WW2 from happening again. However, as the great books all say - the road to Hell is paved with good intentions - but the road the Heaven is paved with good deeds.  Those good intentions have devolved (not evolved) into a conglomerate of institutions and a powerful elite that are telling everyone else how to live and what values they must abide by.  We the people have had enough of that - just like we had enough of the despots and dictators before them - and we are getting rid of them.  

3 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

Standard sanctimonious criticism from politically correct (PC) losers and 'human rights' (HR) advocates.

He said what he would do if they voted for him, the PC losers said he would never win, he won by a landslide, and now he is doing exactly what he said he would.  And he doesn't give a rats rear about PC or HR issues or advocates telling him and his people what he can and cannot do.  And fair enough - he was fairly and openly voted into Office.

PC losers and HR libertarians and all the other left-leaning  people, are being thrown out - all over the world. The majority have had a gutfull of all the rubbish and trash (druggies, crime, illegals, etc etc) that grow and grow everywhere the PC ideologies and HR 'instructions' of the loony left have ruled. Brexit was just the beginning for EU - they are doomed.  What is happening in Philippines is a part of it too. Same with Trump. Same in Germany. Same in Switzerland.  

After WW2 there were a lot of 'well intentioned' things (UN etc.) put in place to stop the same thing as what caused WW1 and WW2 from happening again. However, as the great books all say - the road to Hell is paved with good intentions - but the road the Heaven is paved with good deeds.  Those good intentions have devolved (not evolved) into a conglomerate of institutions and a powerful elite that are telling everyone else how to live and what values they must abide by.  We the people have had enough of that - just like we had enough of the despots and dictators before them - and we are getting rid of them.  

Sadly your analysis is correct. But the swing against "PC and HR" will go too far. The lowest common denominator will rule. I fear for civilisation when oafs like you have control.

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Sadly your analysis is correct. But the swing against "PC and HR" will go too far. The lowest common denominator will rule. I fear for civilisation when oafs like you have control.

I cannot disagree - because history often shows those 'swings' do go too far.  Not always (eg. US and UK) but often (eg. France, Germany).  The answer is to recognise that the best 'system' is to allow both 'sides' to have their wins - and that a reasonable balance is the best outcome.  It is when one side wins too much and takes things too far, that the 'bounce back' itself goes too far.

As for 'oafs' like me having control  - well, rest assured 'civilisation' is far too strong to be concerned with insignificant people like you or I. 

12 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

I cannot disagree - because history often shows those 'swings' do go too far.  Not always (eg. US and UK) but often (eg. France, Germany).  The answer is to recognise that the best 'system' is to allow both 'sides' to have their wins - and that a reasonable balance is the best outcome.  It is when one side wins too much and takes things too far, that the 'bounce back' itself goes too far.

As for 'oafs' like me having control  - well, rest assured 'civilisation' is far too strong to be concerned with insignificant people like you or I. 

Touche! Well said!