Walking Street

billybog

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Touting for sex shows, like soliciting, has always been illegal and it's not surprising it's being cracked down on.  But, as I pointed out in my post, if the bars and gogos follow the rules, things will continue as normal.

If they followed the rules, they wouldn't be part of the sex industry, either.

Just to clarify, I have nothing in principal against the sex industry on a morals basis.  To each his own- buyers and sellers.  But there's always a balance between the tourist money it attracts and the tourist money it repels, the benefits it brings to the community and the costs to the community.  I think a lot of people only look at one side of the equation.  

My theory is that families spend more money on holiday than single guys looking for cheap sex spend.  That's just a theory- but it seems to have worked out for Las Vegas after they cleaned up their act.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, I have nothing in principal against the sex industry on a morals basis.  To each his own- buyers and sellers.  But there's always a balance between the tourist money it attracts and the tourist money it repels, the benefits it brings to the community and the costs to the community.  I think a lot of people only look at one side of the equation.  

My theory is that families spend more money on holiday than single guys looking for cheap sex spend.  That's just a theory- but it seems to have worked out for Las Vegas after they cleaned up their act.

Well most gogo bars do follow "the rules" and manage to remain in business.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

There are dozens of much nicer beaches for families to go to. No need to stay in Pattaya and complain about it.

Why is it always reduced to money? There's more to life than making money. Most ( ?all ) of the nicest beaches in LOS have been ruined by the horrid concrete resorts built to make money, at the expense of the environment. After all, the reason people used to go to the beach was to enjoy the beach, not sit around the pool.

Prostitution was always illegal in Vegas, far as I know, and is there any equivalent there to the Pattaya scene? I doubt it.

The scene in Pattaya is legal because it isn't involved in the direct sale of sex. Sitting in a bar looking at women isn't illegal in any western country, and I'm sure that still goes on in Vegas.

You will never go into a barbeer or gogo in LOS and see a menu of sex activities on sale. Such exists, but they are not barbeers or gogos.

On 10/3/2016 at 11:22 AM, Chivas said:

Well I guess this time clearly you dont.  November 1st is the touted date and I have read that elsewhere since the post of earlier. It make no odds to me. I'd post up the pictures of the buildings demolished around Soi 6 over last 1-2 days but as you're in the know am sure you've seen them as well

FWIW I dont think it will actually happen but this time someone is serious around town.

Well we will come back here on the 1st Nov 2016 and 2017, 18,19, 20 and i will bet you with a bottle of Cystal Champange to a bottle of Singha Walking Street will still be there, with newer GoGo's bars and live music venues, and nothing pulled down

BTW it is the end of W S as we knew it. Superbaby, the best gogo for totty on W S has indeed closed. If they couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest?

I also see that the child abuse that has gone on for years still goes on in front of our oh so great volunteer police. I saw a very young ( about 4 or 5 ) girl being exploited to make money by spinning a hula hoop. The long standing one where the girl does contortions is still there, except she is quite tall now. I think she has been going there for nearly 10 years.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW it is the end of W S as we knew it. Superbaby, the best gogo for totty on W S has indeed closed. If they couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest?

I also see that the child abuse that has gone on for years still goes on in front of our oh so great volunteer police. I saw a very young ( about 4 or 5 ) girl being exploited to make money by spinning a hula hoop. The long standing one where the girl does contortions is still there, except she is quite tall now. I think she has been going there for nearly 10 years.

Yeah, but how do you know the closing is anything other than just part of the natural progression of life.....businesses do not continue forever.

It may be due to something as innocuous as the owner simply wishing to retire....if it was a foreigner he may want to go home.....he may have sold the business and it will reopen in a few weeks after a refurbish/remodel.....it may be more sinister such as he may have contracted a sickness of some kind and be walking (excuse the pun) away from the street to battle it......who knows.

Or as you seem to be implying, they may well have closed due to financial stress or trouble with the City Hall.

Let's find out first.  

27 minutes ago, Wasa said:

Yeah, but how do you know the closing is anything other than just part of the natural progression of life.....businesses do not continue forever.

It may be due to something as innocuous as the owner simply wishing to retire....if it was a foreigner he may want to go home.....he may have sold the business and it will reopen in a few weeks after a refurbish/remodel.....it may be more sinister such as he may have contracted a sickness of some kind and be walking (excuse the pun) away from the street to battle it......who knows.

Or as you seem to be implying, they may well have closed due to financial stress or trouble with the City Hall.

Let's find out first.  

LOL. Superbaby was the best gogo on W S. had the owner ( and he wasn't a farang, IMO ) chosen to retire he could have sold it for a lot if the gogo business was thriving.

BTW, it was a tongue in cheek comment- HUMOUR. Geddit? Jai yen, jai yen.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

tall girl also started when she was 6 or 7 and she is still underage even after 8 yrs..then again, what is underage for one culture is a bread wining age for another

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Superbaby was the best gogo on W S. had the owner ( and he wasn't a farang, IMO ) chosen to retire he could have sold it for a lot if the gogo business was thriving.

BTW, it was a tongue in cheek comment- HUMOUR. Geddit? Jai yen, jai yen.

Agreed I knew him for 24 years (and his young son spitting image). Diamond was the go to place 20 years ago but times change and actual Walking St took over

5 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Well we will come back here on the 1st Nov 2016 and 2017, 18,19, 20 and i will bet you with a bottle of Cystal Champange to a bottle of Singha Walking Street will still be there, with newer GoGo's bars and live music venues, and nothing pulled down

I dont think so mate I have zero axe to grind but times are a changing. No reason to bury your head in the sand but all the army are appearing to do is enforce the law. If you got an illegal building its coming down. What is actually obtuse about that !

Just reading via others notices listed at City Hall. Illegal buildings on Beach side have been given 1 month to vacate. Doesn't mean anything more than that, illegal being the operative word.

Am surmising the actual frontages on Walking St will be pretty much unchanged just how far it protrudes behind them

46 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Just reading via others notices listed at City Hall. Illegal buildings on Beach side have been given 1 month to vacate. Doesn't mean anything more than that, illegal being the operative word.

Am surmising the actual frontages on Walking St will be pretty much unchanged just how far it protrudes behind them

all 101 buildings or only 12 buildings? 

48 minutes ago, champa said:

all 101 buildings or only 12 buildings? 

I've got a link here but for life of me cant copy and paste it. It shows  the buildings that have to go on Beach Side. From a meeting City Hall today. Have tried again on this post just wont paste.

Am sure someone else will get it up sooner or later

Its from mgronline.com you may be able to view from there

Edited by Chivas

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Just reading via others notices listed at City Hall. Illegal buildings on Beach side have been given 1 month to vacate.

23 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I've got a link here but for life of me cant copy and paste it. It shows  the buildings that have to go on Beach Side. From a meeting City Hall today.

Hi. The meeting today didn't decide anything! It was just information on alternative solutions to the actual "101 businesses" area. There were 4 projects shown and only in the first one are all these building destroyed/removed.

They announced they will update all documents and rapports (12 to 18 yo!) and no decision will be taken before that.

Here is a 100% Thai article about the meeting.

Edited by Pattaya46

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. The meeting today didn't decide anything! It was just information on alternative solutions to the actual "101 businesses" area. There were 4 projects shown and only in the first one are all these building destroyed/removed.

They announced they will update all documents and rapports (12 to 18 yo!) and no decision will be taken before that.

Here is a 100% Thai article about the meeting.

Different article. Why cant I paste as normal. Bizarre..

Having walked along it last night, the demolitions on the landward side are well under way. I'm wondering what delights await us when the new building go up. Another fast food place perhaps, or maybe the Patpong solution of a bag shop.

I was disappointed to see that the bar that played the golden oldies rock and roll ( the real deal ) has gone, along with that shop that was crammed with stuff and never had a customer. Nothing where the katoey bar was by the escalator yet. Over a year now.

A few new band bars- pity they can't sing English much. Some of the old bars are looking very tired and badly in need of a renovation. Out the back by the Arab bars the outdoor restaurants have gone, along with the coyote bar. No idea as to what is being built though.

Very moderate crowds walking. If not for the Chinese tour groups it would look very quiet. The Russians are conspicuous by their absence. Pity- the women were gorgeous.

Can't understand how those Eastern European women are allowed to dance. They used to stay in their windows, but now they are on the street ( perhaps not such a good idea to be able to see them close up ).

Unless it's a very busy high season it's not looking good for the bars along the street. More empty seats than occupied.

9 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

I am old enough to have seen the demise of the Riepherbahn in Hamburg, Bugis Street in Singers and now very probably WS in Pattaya. 

What will the next gen do for fun? What sort of a world are we building? Why? Why? Why?:mad:

LOL.

The next generation think talking to imaginary friends on a machine, or killing people on a machine is fun. They don't think sitting in a bar playing connect 4 with a stranger is fun.

Anyway, women and PC are taking over the western world. Everything that real men think is fun will be banned.

Luckily, hope for men lies in sex androids, which are not too far off. Once we get our hands on those little beauties, western women can forget about having their subservient men slaves to do their bidding. Long live the sex machines, yay.

For the humour deficient that are reading this- it's satire!

That I have to explain it shows what a sanuk devoid world we live in.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having walked along it last night, the demolitions on the landward side are well under way. I'm wondering what delights await us when the new building go up. Another fast food place perhaps, or maybe the Patpong solution of a bag shop.

I was disappointed to see that the bar that played the golden oldies rock and roll ( the real deal ) has gone, along with that shop that was crammed with stuff and never had a customer. Nothing where the katoey bar was by the escalator yet. Over a year now.

A few new band bars- pity they can't sing English much. Some of the old bars are looking very tired and badly in need of a renovation. Out the back by the Arab bars the outdoor restaurants have gone, along with the coyote bar. No idea as to what is being built though.

Very moderate crowds walking. If not for the Chinese tour groups it would look very quiet. The Russians are conspicuous by their absence. Pity- the women were gorgeous.

Can't understand how those Eastern European women are allowed to dance. They used to stay in their windows, but now they are on the street ( perhaps not such a good idea to be able to see them close up ).

Unless it's a very busy high season it's not looking good for the bars along the street. More empty seats than occupied.

Just took a walk from Walking st entrance to Bali Hi : What demolitions on landward side are you referring to ?

On this  particular topic any references should be very location precise.

Soi BJ  structures are being gutted out  and two places on bayside  at entrance are boarded up.

Then at Soi 16 @ Walking st   there  is a partially completed towering catastrophic structure ?.

The entire area looks like it is coming down from a very bad speed trip.

Edited by morrobay

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having walked along it last night, the demolitions on the landward side are well under way. //

There is no demolition on official order going right now on Walking Street.

The area you are talking about (main part of Soi BJ and adjacent building on WS) is to make place to the new "Midnight Pattaya" project. A new mall with bars, restaurant, disco, ...

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

The next generation think talking to imaginary friends on a machine, or killing people on a machine is fun. They don't think sitting in a bar playing connect 4 with a stranger is fun.

Anyway, women and PC are taking over the western world. Everything that real men think is fun will be banned.

Luckily, hope for men lies in sex androids, which are not too far off. Once we get our hands on those little beauties, western women can forget about having their subservient men slaves to do their bidding. Long live the sex machines, yay.

For the humour deficient that are reading this- it's satire!

That I have to explain it shows what a sanuk devoid world we live in.

I wonder if you could PM me with the web site for these non talking ( well nagging, shopping etc) androids can be purchased. 

I have opened a new bank account to save up already ..........

While the purported desire is to pull down what are, in daylight, ugly eyesores (and aptly describes some of the workers in them at night time), to build a tourist friendly park and promenade, is admirable; the reality will be an area devoid of grass, full of rats rabid dogs and feral cats, rubbish and a hoard of light fingered ladyboys and somtam sellers plying their dubious trades.

21 hours ago, morrobay said:

Just took a walk from Walking st entrance to Bali Hi : What demolitions on landward side are you referring to ?

On this  particular topic any references should be very location precise.

Soi BJ  structures are being gutted out  and two places on bayside  at entrance are boarded up.

Then at Soi 16 @ Walking st   there  is a partially completed towering catastrophic structure ?.

The entire area looks like it is coming down from a very bad speed trip.

Anyone that doesn't know where the places I mentioned are, probably hasn't been around Pattaya W S very long.

Out the back by the Arab bars the outdoor restaurants have gone, along with the coyote bar. No idea as to what is being built though.

20 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

There is no demolition on official order going right now on Walking Street.

The area you are talking about (main part of Soi BJ and adjacent building on WS) is to make place to the new "Midnight Pattaya" project. A new mall with bars, restaurant, disco, ...

Oh goody, a new mall, just what Pattaya needs when half the bars are lucky to have 2 customers. Do they never learn?

Oh goody, a new mall, just what Pattaya needs when half the bars are lucky to have 2 customers. Do they never learn?

It's so easy to confuse a beer bar with a mall. :)

Next.

Anyone that doesn't know where the places I mentioned are, probably hasn't been around Pattaya W S very long.

Out the back by the Arab bars the outdoor restaurants have gone, along with the coyote bar. No idea as to what is being built though.

Refer to your post  # 110 and my reply. Should be very obvious that the location in question is referring to demolitions on landward side only   

Edited by morrobay

35 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

And Soi BJ now in preparation of this "Midnight Pattaya" project: . . . This has nothing to do with orders of demolition due to encroachment in some other areas.

That's right. Saw all that the other day. They are leaving alone, so far, the last 1/3 or so of Soi BJ.

Part of the end of a great era owing to the changing demographics. Lemme preempt to be the first to predict that Midnight Pattaya will be a flop, nobody will ever go there, and it will quickly go bankrupt. :)