What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?

Wilsonandson

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Ours was from DER. 8/6 a week.

We stayed with DER right up till around '81 and had our first JVC video player from them as well. Now we can put hundreds of films on a portable hard drive a quarter the size of a single cassette and today's youngsters take being able to do so for granted.

Dixon of Dock Green was another favourite.

Evening all, a very human cop

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2016 at 8:01 AM, bannork said:

Bill and Ben were so far out, not a single intelligible ( to humans) word said between them in thousands of conversations and yet complete comprehension between them,especially when the gardener was on his way down the path.I used to love imitating Ben, the deeper voiced one to my mother when she made some tiresome request like put my toys away. 'Watch out!'she would say, 'the gardener is coming down the path and he's going to throw your toys away.'

I used to walk like that on the way home from the pub! :)

On 10/19/2016 at 8:01 AM, bannork said:

Bill and Ben were so far out, not a single intelligible ( to humans) word said between them in thousands of conversations and yet complete comprehension between them,especially when the gardener was on his way down the path.I used to love imitating Ben, the deeper voiced one to my mother when she made some tiresome request like put my toys away. 'Watch out!'she would say, 'the gardener is coming down the path and he's going to throw your toys away.'

I used to walk like that on the way home from the pub! :)

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, balo said:

Star Trek the next generation 

I wasn't so much a "kid" when this was on as approaching middle age, but it was certainly one of my all time favourite series.

For UK viewers, there was a time when Sky TV won the contract to show it and the BBC lost it. The negotiations took so long that when Sky eventually started broadcasting the series, in order to catch up to the US they showed one new episode every weekday at 5 pm and 10 pm - an absolute Trekkies heaven. smile.gif

15 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I wasn't so much a "kid" when this was on as approaching middle age, but it was certainly one of my all time favourite series.

Same here, I was 20 when the first episode aired in 1987 / 88.  But I knew about Star Trek as a kid , and there was a Star Trek movie made in the late 70's around the same time as Star Wars so as a Sci-fi fan I was hooked from the beginning.  

Star Trek : Motion Picture 1979

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Same here, I was 20 when the first episode aired in 1987 / 88.  But I knew about Star Trek as a kid , and there was a Star Trek movie made in the late 70's around the same time as Star Wars so as a Sci-fi fan I was hooked from the beginning.  

Star Trek : Motion Picture 1979

While we're reminiscing... best episode ever: "Yesterday's Enterprise"

On 10/16/2016 at 10:41 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

Blimey now we have to add men with muscles to your list of people you dont like, so now that's muscles, tatoos , beer belly's and facial hair, anymore you want to add ?
On topic i loved Grange Hill and the Football one set in the North East and i won' t be able to sleep later until i remember the name ?

anymore you want to add ? Yes, people who like childrens tv shows like Grange Hill.

Edited by possum1931

On 10/24/2016 at 1:12 AM, chickenslegs said:

In our street we were usually playing 15-a-side football (shirts for goalposts) until someone would shout "Bonanza's on" - then the street was deserted for about an hour.

Yes I got the whole series downloaded from youtube a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed it, only downsides were some stupid attempts at comedy from Hoss, and the last couple of series after Dan Blocker died were awful.

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes I got the whole series downloaded from youtube a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed it, only downsides were some stupid attempts at comedy from Hoss, and the last couple of series after Dan Blocker died were awful.

Sure, Bonanza was fun, until you think about it a little... you have a 50 yr old father w/three 45 year old kids and all look like they are from a different mother... I didn't see the whole series, an occasional episode..  

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Sure, Bonanza was fun, until you think about it a little... you have a 50 yr old father w/three 45 year old kids and all look like they are from a different mother... I didn't see the whole series, an occasional episode..  

The three "45 year old kids" did have different mothers in the series.

anymore you want to add ? Yes, people who like childrens tv shows like Grange Hill.

The football one was Jossy's Giants?? Starring Bryan Robson in one episode, if I remember correctly??

That was meant for Bangkok Hatter.