May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

Strange, I don’t know of anyone who was influenced by that poster.
You almost certainly do since he came up with both with 'take back control' and the '350 million per week for the NHS'.

The 'back' in 'take back control' is a brilliant piece of political sloganeering subtly indicating something has been taken from you in the first place !
  • Like 1

Once again not that old clap trap of some remonaires claiming that people didn't know what they voted for and 350 million was going o the NHS. The next think people will be saying people didn't know what they voted for and the very difficult choice of the multiple choice question if leave or stay wasn't clear enough. Please you are hurting my sides. :cheesy::cheesy:

Read the papers today .

City of London is screwed.

Did the voters know they were going to screw up the UKs economic engine?

That they were going to have to pay more tax to fill the holes in the budget?

Dont think so.

They were promised amazing free trade deals and new prosperity and a functional NHS system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taipeir said:
1 hour ago, nontabury said:
Well us Brits have had to do that twice in the last 100 years, becuse you lot were to busy flying a white flag.

Your ass was saved by the Russians and the Americans.

You need to read up on your history old boy, concentrate on operation Sealion.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Once again not that old clap trap of some remonaires claiming that people didn't know what they voted for and 350 million was going o the NHS. The next think people will be saying people didn't know what they voted for and the very difficult choice of the multiple choice question if leave or stay wasn't clear enough. Please you are hurting my sides. :cheesy::cheesy:

So you are saying that people voted, fully aware of the consequences for N Ireland?

Or are you saying that the Brits don't care about N Ireland - in that case, just give it back to the Irish.

And people were aware that EU product specifications have to be respected, single market or no single market?

And people were aware that what goes for the Polish in the UK, goes for the UK pensioners in Spain and Cyprus?

You need to read up on your history old boy, concentrate on operation Sealion.

The Americans saved the UK as it was running out of supplies of pretty much everything.

The Russians almost singlehandedly changed the tide of war at enormous cost to themselves.

The UK would at most have tried to make peace with nazi Germany as a last gasp attempt to survive if America and Russia hasn't stepped in. No shame in the war effort from UK but you didn't 'win ' the war. In fact after the war Britain lost its empire and was effectively bankrupt and large parts of the cities were in ruins .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Read the papers today .

City of London is screwed.

Did the voters know they were going to screw up the UKs economic engine?

That they were going to have to pay more tax to fill the holes in the budget?

Dont think so.

They were promised amazing free trade deals and new prosperity and a functional NHS system.

Oh yes. stop reading the independent the most un-independent paper in the UK. Just to remind the ignorant and the blind and deaf. David Cameron. told everyone before he spent 9 million on leaflets telling everyone to vote for staying in the EU along with the Bias BBC. He stated that yes everyone in parliament and on TV and radio that Brexit meant leaving the EU meant leaving the customs union and the ECJ. So sorry some remoaners don't understand English. Or many just choose to forget. Shameful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taipeir said:

The Americans saved the UK as it was running out of supplies of pretty much everything.

The Russians almost singlehandedly changed the tide of war at enormous cost to themselves.

The UK would at most have tried to make peace with nazi Germany as a last gasp attempt to survive if America and Russia hasn't stepped in. No shame in the war effort from UK but you didn't 'win ' the war. In fact after the war Britain lost its empire and was effectively bankrupt and large parts of the cities were in ruins .

I will repeat, I suggest you read up on history, that's one thing that cant be twisted or lied about. Your comments are rather offensive and damn right lies. The whole of Europe surrendered to Nazi Germany without so much as a bit of effort, except for the Italians that allied themselves.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So you are saying that people voted, fully aware of the consequences for N Ireland?

Or are you saying that the Brits don't care about N Ireland - in that case, just give it back to the Irish.

And people were aware that EU product specifications have to be respected, single market or no single market?

And people were aware that what goes for the Polish in the UK, goes for the UK pensioners in Spain and Cyprus?

OK I will humour you. Did you not know what the leave or stay vote was. If not what a shame? Most with a small IQ do. I was that simple. It has been the leaves rhetoric to try and make it difficult ever since. The UK and yes N. Ireland is part of the UK which I proudly served in. So don't try and use the Irish independence game as a bargaining tool, just like the EU is. That just shows what a non patriot of the UK would do. How about the UK just saying we are doing what the referendum say leave. But it is the likes of you and other TV posters use that against leavers.

So how many EU people claiming benefits and pensions, how are they equal to the UK citizens?

I look forward to that number.

snowy

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Come on now; the original point was the assertion that the EU had been instrumental in keeping the peace in Europe. Someone said that that was down to NATO. The Yugoslav wars were suggested to counter the argument but they were not part of the EU. So, please accept that the assertion European Union and its predecessors have indeed been good for peace. I for one, and my 37 year old son for two, are grateful for that.

Certainly NATO held back the USSR but that's a different issue. 

After WWII there was not much taste, capability, or possibility for a scrap inside Europe. Any EU influence was far less than NATO's has been, militarily. NATO , by design, has been sufficient to protect Europe, both from within and without. The existence of the EU has assisted peace internally but a similar non-aggression treaty would have covered this, if European nations felt the need for it - without the need for a political and federalist EU that it is - and this could be said of several similar possible agreements, for the mutual good of European nations, including economic ones.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

OK I will humour you. Did you not know what the leave or stay vote was. If not what a shame? Most with a small IQ do. I was that simple. It has been the leaves rhetoric to try and make it difficult ever since. The UK and yes N. Ireland is part of the UK which I proudly served in. So don't try and use the Irish independence game as a bargaining tool, just like the EU is. That just shows what a non patriot of the UK would do. How about the UK just saying we are doing what the referendum say leave. But it is the likes of you and other TV posters use that against leavers.

So how many EU people claiming benefits and pensions, how are they equal to the UK citizens?

I look forward to that number.

snowy

I read this twice.

Twice itwas a loss of time.

Put down the beer - or is it gin?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, taipeir said:

You almost certainly do since he came up with both with 'take back control' and the '350 million per week for the NHS'.

The 'back' in 'take back control' is a brilliant piece of political sloganeering subtly indicating something has been taken from you in the first place !

Here we go...let's start with fishing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I read this twice.

Twice itwas a loss of time.

Put down the beer - or is it gin?

You have just made me realize why I stopped posting for a while. It the lack of intellect and those who can't put an argument forward that then use the ludricous argument that one is drinking.  If you read it twice then you need to learn to read old chap. Or is it that we disagree. Then that is different. Snowflake

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have just made me realize why I stopped posting for a while. It the lack of intellect and those who can't put an argument forward that then use the ludricous argument that one is drinking.  If you read it twice then you need to learn to read old chap. Or is it that we disagree. Then that is different. Snowflake

I rarely look in these days, the whole thread has been totally derailed and just turned into an excuse to Brit bash. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I will repeat, I suggest you read up on history, that's one thing that cant be twisted or lied about. Your comments are rather offensive and damn right lies. The whole of Europe surrendered to Nazi Germany without so much as a bit of effort, except for the Italians that allied themselves.

I recall the remants of the French army saving the Brit army from oblivion in Dunkirk as you scattered back to the UK. Offensive my arse the Germans took over practically all of Europe it was the Russians who finally bested them at Stalingrad and destroyed their eastern army.

Polish suffered horribly as they fought both the Germans and the Russians, millions died.

It was the English channel that saved blighty and a miscalculation from HItler not to press the advantage in the West when he could and to attack Russia instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taipeir said:

I recall the remants of the French army saving the Brit army from oblivion in Dunkirk as you scattered back to the UK.

Offensive my arse the Germans took over practically all of Europe it was the Russians who finally bested them at Stalingrad and destroyed their eastern army.

Read my post, I stated that all of Europe surrendered to Nazi Germany which you have just agreed with but your knowledge of history is incorrect regarding Dunkirk. Yes the Russians lost more than any other Nation and played their part on the Eastern front whilst Britain on the Western Front.

• Like 2

Read my post, I stated that all of Europe surrendered to Nazi Germany which you have just agreed with but your knowledge of history is incorrect regarding Dunkirk. Yes the Russians lost more than any other Nation and played their part on the Eastern front whilst Britain on the Western Front.

Poland didn't surrender they fought and 200000 civilians died in initial bombings and army wiped out. Later siege of Warsaw and Warsaw was razed to the ground .  French also didn't surrender they fought but were overwhelmed by German firepower and rapid manuevres.So was the British army actually.

UK would have collapsed or sued for peace except for English channel , US ally and Russians absorbing nazi forces on Eastern front. Germans had superior technology and weapons .

The Russians didn't 'play their part' they were the ones that contributed most to winning the war in Europe. In Russia it is known as the Great Patriotic War.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taipeir said:

I recall the remants of the French army saving the Brit army from oblivion in Dunkirk as you scattered back to the UK. Offensive my arse the Germans took over practically all of Europe it was the Russians who finally bested them at Stalingrad and destroyed their eastern army.

Polish suffered horribly as they fought both the Germans and the Russians, millions died.

It was the English channel that saved blighty and a miscalculation from HItler not to press the advantage in the West when he could and to attack Russia instead.

So, as with the referendum, no credit for the little Englanders then? Sorry, I didn't know you were there on the beach.

He also needs to read up on the Arctic convoys where Britain was sending supplies to help the Russians and the losses in men, ships and material of both the Merchant and Royal Navies.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

A total of $50.1 billion (equivalent to $667 billion presently) worth of supplies was shipped, or 17% of the total war expenditures of the U.S.[2] In all, $31.4 billion (equivalent to $418 billion today) went to Britain, $11.3 billion (equivalent to $150 billion today) to the Soviet Union, $3.2 billion (equivalent to $42.6 billion today) to France, $1.6 billion (equivalent to $21.3 billion today) to China, and the remaining $2.6 billion to the other Allies
  • Like 1