The general mood in Patty these days

swissie

Given the circumstances it is understandable that loud music and "heavy-duty partying" is not appropriate at this time.

I could imagine that the "Entertainment-Sector" is somewhat subdued (somber) these days.

On the other hand, Thai Folks working in the "Entertainment Sector" will have to pay their  rent at the end of the month regardless of what happened. This would rather favor a "back to business as usual" scenario.

What's the general mood in Pattaya's Entertainment Sector at this time?
Cheers.

swissie not really sure why you have posted your question as well covered here -

and here -

Basically anything with doors (go gos/clubs) operating pretty much as normal apart from no live music - even ibar which does not have doors.........

Most of the "beer bars" are eerily quiet however

1 hour ago, does said:

No.  The poster just wanted to display his good taste and refined aestetic sensibilities.

Just confirming that all the knobs and drunks still find Pattaya to their liking....sad to say for the rest of us normal folks.....lol...??????

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic photo removed

I have a ladyfriend who works at a Thai Karaoke. It don't hustle girls' Customers do buy drinks for her and one other older lady who serve them and help play their selections. Because of the 'no loud music' there are no customers now. 

Therefore, her boss felt justified when it came time for her 3,000 B monthly payday, to explain to my friend that with no business, she must cut her pay in half to only 1,500 B, but 'hopefully' after business comes back again she can pay 3,000 B again....... My friend usually sends all of the 3,000 B to her mother up north each month and lives off her commission from drinks bought for her.

You can see how she is being hurt and many more Thai's are similarly........

I am sad for Thailand, but even moreso for the working poor Thai's........................

I have a ladyfriend who works at a Thai Karaoke. It don't hustle girls' Customers do buy drinks for her and one other older lady who serve them and help play their selections. Because of the 'no loud music' there are no customers now. 
Therefore, her boss felt justified when it came time for her 3,000 B monthly payday, to explain to my friend that with no business, she must cut her pay in half to only 1,500 B, but 'hopefully' after business comes back again she can pay 3,000 B again....... My friend usually sends all of the 3,000 B to her mother up north each month and lives off her commission from drinks bought for her.
You can see how she is being hurt and many more Thai's are similarly........
I am sad for Thailand, but even moreso for the working poor Thai's........................

This is a scum boss taking advantage of the 'circumstances'... you will find them world wide given an opportunity to screw employees over.

Nice and quiet at night--which is what it should be all the time.  Loud bar noise/loud music should be kept inside closed doors.  Open air bars should be required to keep the music level at a normal level and not blasting so it is heard several blocks away.

2 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Just confirming that all the knobs and drunks still find Pattaya to their liking....sad to say for the rest of us normal folks.....lol...??????

Is that picture you sitting comfortable on the beach in Pattaya? You do indeed look like normal folk. Pattaya is great for sunbathing, with often a nice breeze.

I was in Walking Street Pattaya yesterday.

Not much change.

From the outside, I had the sensation that the music was lower.

But inside the venues, nothing changed...

Except that, a lot of working girls were dressed in black...

Open beer bars and open street areas quiet. Bars and clubs with doors are busy and noisy.  This is fine. Some GGS are closing at 2am but opening at 6pm. Some sois such as soI 15 WS usually full of food vendors selling Issan food gas very food stall now. To summarise: out of sight out of mind seems to be the rule. Plenty of typical pattaya nightlife happening. The place is far pleasanter for the absence of mindless electro pop, eastern European techno and the obscene gangsta rap. There is less neon illuminating the streets. Many small beer bars that remain open have dimmed lights and quieter  music. All good.

I walked around last night. Other than no live music ( a good thing ) situation normal.

If the high season crowd are scared off it doesn't look like being a happy place next year though.

Most bars have low season numbers of customers at present, though loads of people walking around- just not many mongers.

I guess only the really cool among us understand this childish idiotic gobbledygook...Pattaya is now Pats or Pattaya, Bangkok is Bangers, Sukhumvit is Sooky, Suvarnabhumi is Swampy, Phuket is Pooky, ad nauseum...excuse me while I go puke!

18 minutes ago, DSJPC said:

I guess only the really cool among us understand this childish idiotic gobbledygook...Pattaya is now Pats or Pattaya, Bangkok is Bangers, Sukhumvit is Sooky, Suvarnabhumi is Swampy, Phuket is Pooky, ad nauseum...excuse me while I go puke!

I guess it's cool if you have your baseball cap on back to front, the erse of your breeks hanging round your knees and if your twelve years old!

47 minutes ago, LennyW said:

I guess it's cool if you have your baseball cap on back to front, the erse of your breeks hanging round your knees and if your twelve years old!

47 minutes ago, LennyW said: