Trump attacks 'harassment' of Mike Pence at Hamilton musical

rooster59

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Tickets going for $300 plus. Doubt that many Trump voting out-of-towners would be going. 

Yes, that much money for an evening of entertainment isn't in the pockets of many deplorables and/or angry white guys; besides they have better manners for the most part.

It seems Hilary supporters have been infected with the ‘epidemic of animosity’ That has been going around the globe.

Edited by IAMHERE
an after thought

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It appears the largest minority, by far, of voters is the 47% that didn't bother to vote.

Clinton got a tad, a very small tad, more than Trump; each getting just over 25%.

So had the American system been different to the one which has elected every previous POTUS, and been based on first past the post, Hilary would would by a very tiny margin of just over a quarter of the eligible voters. Would you call that a mandate then?

People don't vote for a number of personal reasons.

In my opinion, a large portion of non-voters don't vote in presidential elections because they live in states (MOST OF THEM) where there is ZERO doubt of the state winner. Of course they're not being good citizens as voting is not only about president. There are many other offices and often ballot initiatives as well. Anyway, that's one of the weakness of the electoral college, but we are stuck with the electoral college.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump thinks this is "harassment?"  It's nothing compared to what President Obama has gotten from the right wing throughout his Presidency.  Trump and his VP better grow some thick skin because this is what happens in a free society....i.e., people actually voicing their opinion. 

Trump did champion the birther movement for quite some time.. Perhaps he might apologize for that before he starts calling out others 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

People don't vote for a number of personal reasons.

In my opinion, a large portion of non-voters don't vote in presidential elections because they live in states (MOST OF THEM) where there is ZERO doubt of the state winner. Of course their not being good citizens as voting is not only about president. There are many other offices and often ballot initiatives as well. Anyway, that's one of the weakness of the electoral college, but we are stuck with the electoral college.

Excuses have their uses but now they're all used up.

5 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

So if a room full of Southern Evangelicals behaved in a similar fashion to a gay man because he was gay you would still be good with it and not suggest it was any form of harassment?

Thats a tough one to believe JT.

You are saying Pence's bigotry conforms to his genetics? He was born to be a homophobe?

An LGBT person conforms to their genetic makeup. Disapproval of that on any grounds, even religious is an exercise in discrimination. Black people are born with black skin. LGBT people have a sexual orientation that is determined genetically.

Pence chooses to discriminate and deserves the appropriate response. As do all who follow that line.

You are saying Pence's bigotry conforms to his genetics? He was born to be a homophobe?

An LGBT person conforms to their genetic makeup. Disapproval of that on any grounds, even religious is an exercise in discrimination. Black people are born with black skin. LGBT people have a sexual orientation that is determined genetically.

Pence chooses to discriminate and deserves the appropriate response. As do all who follow that line.

Great.

If it's a genetic disorder, one day they might find a cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, it is totally OK to edit quoted posts for brevity if you're just replying to the part of the post that you show.

HOWEVER, if the post is edited in a way that obviously DISTORTS the meaning, then that is not OK.

It's usually really easy to tell the difference, but not always.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

To clarify, it is totally OK to edit quoted posts for brevity if you're just replying to the part of the post that you show.

HOWEVER, if the post is edited in a way that obviously DISTORTS the meaning, then that is not OK.

It's usually really easy to tell the difference, but not always.

Yes. I agree that editing for brevity is allowed and also that the edits should not distort the meaning. In most cases, people use this tactic to highlight some marginal or out of context statement and then use this to bait the poster. I do not allege post tampering lightly and I review posts from antagonists quite closely on this issue.

15 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

I told you to stop editing my posts.

Follow those instructions or be reported.

Simple concept. Even a Brit should be able to understand plain English.

Emotions are getting high.

Probably best for both parties to cease and desist before anyone gets hysterical.

Truce guys. No English bashing. Lets keep it respectful.

Edited by ClutchClark

The speech was very respectful. More than Pence deserved.

About the BOOING, the theater does not control audience cheering or BOOING.

Hoping that Pence is BOOED everywhere he goes.

He totally deserves it.

There Is a Very Specific Reason Why the HamiltonAudience Was Right to Boo Mike Pence

At Deadspin, Ashley Feinberg has a simple, bracing rejoinder to this hand-wringing: Pence is a viciously anti-gay politician who supports ex-gay conversion “therapy,” opposes LGBTQ rights across the board, and signed sadistic anti-abortion laws. “Mike Pence,” Feinberg concludes, “deserves every single bit of disrespect thrown at him, and to be booed absolutely everywhere he goes.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/11/19/mike_pence_was_booed_at_hamilton_on_broadway.html

Edited by Jingthing

40 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, scores of luvvies on the stage verbally attack Pence in an attempt to humiliate him in public through their mouthpiece with a microphone.   Had Pence stayed to be addressed in that way, would their protestations of only exercising their freedom of speech mean that they would have offered Pence a microphone so that he could reply?  Somehow I doubt it.

That simply did not happen. 

At the end of the performance, a member of the cast read a respectful statement to Pence as he was leaving the theater, expressing their concerns over the rhetoric which had dominated the campaign.

There was no verbal attack.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

An interesting reference to the civil war era.

The divisions between Americans are now approaching that level.

I don't see trump as a person that is capable of bridging these divisions. 

Please do name someone that could.

I fear even Abe Lincoln would be demonized by Liberals at this point as just another angry, white man. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The divisions between Americans are now approaching that level.

Three hundred twenty million Americans with only a few thousand paid protestors and losers. That's not approaching any level.

Just now, Dagnabbit said:

So it's not genetic?

So what is it? Choice? Mental abberation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. Didn't realize you had problems with the English language.

I can type it slowly for you. Being LGBT is genetically determined. Being Straight is genetically determined. Being LGBT is not a genetic disorder. Being Straight is not a genetic disorder.

Sorry for assuming you had some sense.

5 hours ago, sgtsabai said:

I hope the booing and harassment continues until the fascist and his cabal of white supremacists are tarred and feathered and run out of the country on a rail. Oppose the fascists at every little step. Just a look at his cabinet choices shows exactly what the fascist is, a racist, misogynist, bigot, xenophobe, homophobic, bully, sociopath that is a danger to what is left of the US and the world. Pence is every bit as bad if not worse in many ways. Boo at every public appearance.

Respect is earned, I see nothing to respect in either Pence or the fascist. I see plenty to respect from the cast and the audience at Hamilton. Good for them.

Another member in need of therapy. May I recommend a nice coloring book or some play dough?

All you're doing by continually spewing hatred like this is turning sane Democrats in Trump's direction.  

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Another member in need of therapy. May I recommend a nice coloring book or some play dough?

All you're doing by continually spewing hatred like this is turning sane Democrats in Trump's direction.  

If The Donald et al does a good job then there's no reason why he can't fulfil eight years of presidency.  Let's give the guy a chance. 

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry to break this news to you but the trump regime has already shown signs of being so abhorrent that there is going to be "non-traditional" opposition to it the entire time. This is not a normal president. These aren't normal times. 

Isn't a regime until he actually takes the oath of office and gets to work. You have convicted him before the actual commission of any wrongs 

If I went to watch a play and the actors decided to talk politics after the show, I'd want my money back. They are there to entertain, I don't need the opinion of someone who dresses up for a living.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

actually the plurality of voters got it right. They voted for Clinton.

I wish all the oh so concerned citizens had done as much when the awful G W Bush won despite a minority vote through a farce in Florida. Had they done so perhaps Iraq would never have happened and the world might be much safer without all the consequences of that atrocity.

Trump is probably a direct consequence of their acceptance of a "rigged" election back then, so IMO they only have themselves to blame for him now.

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

If I went to watch a play and the actors decided to talk politics after the show, I'd want my money back. They are there to entertain, I don't need the opinion of someone who dresses up for a living.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I was in the audience at a concert when one of the singers had a political rant about something. I was really PO about that. I went to enjoy myself, not pay to be given political speeches.

I went to see Jean Michel Jarre at the beginning of October in London.  He made his political statement through his Edward Snowden 'Exit' tune.  He left it at that, just a tune, and didn't start some lunatic rant and p*ss off his audience.  Very subtle, well meaning and that's how it's professionally done. 

Google it.

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Trump did champion the birther movement for quite some time.. Perhaps he might apologize for that before he starts calling out others 

Didn't he drop that subject rather rapidly when Obama took the piss out of him at a public dinner?

I seem to recall some rather amusing pictures of a truculent Trump scowling at his table setting, no doubt muttering under his breath about him (Obama) being a "horrible man".

Edited by JAG