Baht depreciation expected

On 11/26/2016 at 8:46 AM, scotchonrocks said:

The US economy will pay a heavy price. Hikes in interests rates are done to put the brakes on a booming economy. The US economy is in the doldrums and even a small interest rate hike will be a dampener for growth and will tank the stock market. They are clearly worried that cheap debt must end but what are they going to do when investment contracts and deflation takes hold because for sure that's what will happen.

Get real Janet Yellen!

Janet yellen is not head of the fed cheeto put his own man in welcome to 2018

Edited by don long
Spell error

2 hours ago, don long said:

You do realise you are replying to a message sent in November 2016? Mind you, now that you have brought our attention to it, the record since is that the US economy is not in the doldrums, interest rates have gone up, the stock market hasn't tanked and the Fed has done OK. Not bad for a full house prediction washout.

Edited by SheungWan

31 minutes ago, tropo said:

And the opposite happened - the Thai baht steadily gained in value. Back on November 26, 2016, when this thread was started, the USD was at 35.6 baht, nearly 4 baht higher than it is today. It was at one of the highest peaks it has reached in 10 years.

.... and  I still had friends predicting that it would get to 40!

Edited by Jip99

7 hours ago, don long said:

This is an English language forum, not Thai. English sentences are terminated with a period (.) and begin with a capital letter. Certain written words should be capitalized, such as "Fed", "Cheeto" and "Yellen" should be capitalized as they are proper nouns.

Writing Improvement 101

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

This is an English language forum, not Thai. English sentences are terminated with a period (.) and begin with a capital letter. Certain written words should be capitalized, such as "Fed", "Cheeto" and "Yellen" should be capitalized as they are proper nouns.

Writing Improvement 101

Women have periods, proper English language has 'full stops'.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tropo said:

Back on November 26, 2016, when this thread was started

Started on Nov 26, 2016.

The Baht "depreciation" in diagrams ? (from Nov 25 on)

usdthb.jpg

eurthb.jpg

gbpthb.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Naam said:
15 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Go crypto.

:bah:

Over a year ago I suggested to someone on the forum that they might invest in Bitcoin.

I wonder what happened... but then its so easy to go with the herd and scoff at those

who don't.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, talahtnut said:

Over a year ago I suggested to someone on the forum that they might invest in Bitcoin.

I wonder what happened... but then its so easy to go with the herd and scoff at those

who don't.

As long as you provided him with a reliable crystal ball. He could have bought in June 2017 for around $2600 and sold in December 2017 for about $19000.

The problem with bitcoin is all the people with bitcoin are trying to convince people without it to buy it, so they can get out on a spike. They're trying to convince everyone that the ride is far from over.  As in any volatile market, only invest what you can afford to lose.

50 minutes ago, Naam said:

please show me your posting of one year ago.

I owned btc last June and before the hard fork on August 1st the price was around 2.5k iirc...... Maybe a bit more 

Volatility is not a bad thing if you know how to take advantage of it

2 hours ago, Naam said:

please show me your posting of one year ago.

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

I never said I posted, 'one year ago'...Its up to you to find it, I cant be bothered.

Naam is too generous. I would like to know if anybody here actually bought a significant quantity one year ago and subsequently held. That shouldn't be too much bother.

Edited by SheungWan

5 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I owned btc last June and before the hard fork on August 1st the price was around 2.5k iirc...... Maybe a bit more 

Volatility is not a bad thing if you know how to take advantage of it

Volatility is great for high risk, high-profit trading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The only winners are those who dont worry much about loosing. I being older now prefer to waste mine on silly things rather than have it done for me.Wives ,Cars n Boats.

Money was invented, solely for spending on women and toys,

and perhaps a bottle of plonk, and the odd fines.

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Naam is too generous. I would like to know if anybody here actually bought a significant quantity one year ago and subsequently held. That shouldn't be too much bother.

I'll bet one thing. Anyone that bought a year ago and held will be very, very upset after missing the 19,000 baht peak. Why would anyone hold when it started shooting up as near the end of last year?

6 hours ago, tropo said:

I'll bet one thing. Anyone that bought a year ago and held will be very, very upset after missing the 19,000 baht peak. Why would anyone hold when it started shooting up as near the end of last year?

The next peak will  make 19k look like a speedbump....... 

I won't sell my btc until 2030+ but I have the luxury in being able to afford to gamble 

People who took loans or used credit cards irresponsibly are probably not in the same situation 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

The next peak will  make 19k look like a speedbump....... 

I won't sell my btc until 2030+ but I have the luxury in being able to afford to gamble 

People who took loans or used credit cards irresponsibly are probably not in the same situation 

Meaning what? Did you hold through the 19,000 + peak of 2017, waiting for a much bigger peak in 12 or more years? A smart trader (gambler) would have taken profit then, and bought again after the price plummeted. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

18 hours ago, SheungWan said:

I would be highly suspicious of strangers requesting personal financial information.