Fake U.S. embassy shut down in Ghana after operating for about 10 years

webfact

Fake U.S. embassy shut down in Ghana after operating for about 10 years

Source: Xinhua  

WASHINGTON, Dec. 6 (Xinhua) -- A fake U.S. embassy in Ghana was shut down after operating and issuing visas for about a decade, the U.S. State Department announced.

"Signs indicated that you were in the U.S. embassy in Ghana. However, you were not," the U.S. State Department said on its website last month.

"It was not operated by the United States government, but by figures from both Ghanaian and Turkish organized crime rings and a Ghanaian attorney practicing immigration and criminal law."

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-12/05/c_135882089.htm

-- Xinhua 2016-12-06

well US currency is the number one counter fitted currency so why not counterfeit embassies as well. still hard to believe this really happened. maybe the yanks should have just made it legal, give them another embassy without any running costs like the way thailand formed all the local mafias into the police and got the country policed for very little funding.

9 hours ago, fish monger said:

CIA...............

And why not?   Then they could get real ones for all the goodies and be up with the play on all the baddies who would flock there when the word got around that it was the "go-to" place for fake visas & possibly fake passports too.   In the world of espionage there is so much deliberate mis-information around in the least expected places.   Just finished reading "The Silent War" by John P. Craven, the spy submarine genius.  Nothing surprises me now.

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Hey, US officials would have a hard job finding Africa on the world map let alone Ghana.

True.
Also, I find it odd that most people (the media, regular folks, etc) always refer to Africa like it's a country - e.g. When referring to areas around the world, they would say something like, "...France, US, China, Brazil, Africa, Saudi Arabia..."

8 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

"The building flew the American flag, had a picture of U.S. President Barack Obama hanging inside, and issued both counterfeit and legitimate U.S. visas."

I'd pay good money to see a picture of Obama hanging - inside OR outside.

Don't knock him, he is one of the few intellectual presidents that America has had, i think after Trump you will miss him.

Apparently Obama is well hung

I don't understand what the purpose of this operation was?   stealing personal info?

OR they made enough money from making fake visa's or passports?  How could they make fake visa's that were used and surely they were detected and caught ?  Seems it would trigger an investigation to where the person obtained the visa or passport?  

Its obvious that Obama was to intelligent.  He scared the white uneducated country bumkins to get off their asses. 

Edited by Elkski

On 12/6/2016 at 9:53 PM, copa8 said:

True.
Also, I find it odd that most people (the media, regular folks, etc) always refer to Africa like it's a country - e.g. When referring to areas around the world, they would say something like, "...France, US, China, Brazil, Africa, Saudi Arabia..."

I find it odd that many British people refer to Europe as if it is some far away continent that has nothing to do with them, they travel to Europe on holiday.... The English channel apparently fogs the brain.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, soalbundy said:

Don't knock him, he is one of the few intellectual presidents that America has had, i think after Trump you will miss him.

Apparently Obama is well hung

It shows him, to be the idiot that he is, for maintaining there are no problems letting in refugees /immigrants into the U.S. because they are so well vetted.

Edited by beechguy

9 minutes ago, beechguy said:

It shows him, to be the idiot that he is, for maintaining there are no problems letting in refugees /immigrants into the U.S. because they are so well vetted.

Hey, match his statements with those of Trumps on just about anything, the red neck has made more mistakes and told more lies during his campaign than a pope. He has a billionaire's team, so much for the working man 

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I find it odd that many British people refer to Europe as if it is some far away continent that has nothing to do with them, they travel to Europe on holiday.... The English channel apparently fogs the brain.

Yep, sad isn't it. A lot of folk from my neck of the woods don't think that Aussie is part of Asia either. Cute, eh!

23 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Hey, match his statements with those of Trumps on just about anything, the red neck has made more mistakes and told more lies during his campaign than a pope. He has a billionaire's team, so much for the working man 

At this point Trump hasn't really done anything as an official yet, Obama has been in charge for 8 years, look at his foriegn policy failures. We can look at Trump's at a later date.

As to the billionaire team, perhaps you and Numbnut would prefer he appoint broke, unsuccessful people?

Edited by beechguy