2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR

Ron19

Nominations are now open for the " 2016 Poster Of The Year "

Nominations will be received until Wednesday the 14th of December.

A poll will then be run with nominations received to decide a final 5 and will close on 21st of December.

Another poll will then be run with the remaining 5 to decide the " 2016 Poster Of The Year "

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nominations only in this thread please.

No need to post if your choice is already in the list.

Voting will be the next round.

No mods, staff etc. (would anyone actually ...)

EDIT And please, only one nomination per post.

EDIT2 Update in line with Scott's assertion below, please don't nominate more than 3 members, one nomination per post.

Naammmmmmmm............... or at the very least "Naams dog"   just for his hilarious  German-Anglo sense and understanding of "ze vay zay speek"

Guesthouse always has a  point of view even I if  dont like  it sometimes , end up appreciating and liking  it to the point of changing my mind

NongKhaKid oooops  "controversial"  be  classed as a  hater by many I  suppose........rubbish, the truth hurts

Ubon Joe  "not  allowed" incredible knowledge and understanding of the virtually unfathomable, always  willing to help, should get a bloody  medal.

Im saying Naams  dog!

Vote  Naams  dog rrrrrrrrrrruffff

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

What are the  criteria to which one should consider a person to be POTY?

Preferably not in the RIP group and not banned, otherwise, you decide who you think is worthy of the title of Poster of the Year.   

I also nominate NeverSure.   I often disagree with him, but he is well informed and articulates his positions very well.   Once in a while, I get the feeling he might have sat on a cactus, but most of the time he's pretty even tempered.   

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think there should be categories, humorous poster of the year, negative poster of the year, most informative etc.

Historically this contest is more about popularity and pandering, with very little to do with the content or tenor of the posts.

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think there should be categories, humorous poster of the year, negative poster of the year, most informative etc.

That would involve a degree of planning on the part of the organisers :)

9 minutes ago, transam said:

sipi....An all round splendid posting chap.....

clapping.png

Thanks Trans, but nope. My skin is far to thin for this contest. And I don't even like my own posts let alone expect anyone else to.

1 minute ago, sipi said:

Thanks Trans, but nope. My skin is far to thin for this contest. And I don't even like my own posts let alone expect anyone else to.

Let it ride, if you win you can send me the T-shirt as I am getting low on quality attire...:giggle:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Let it ride, if you win you can send me the T-shirt as I am getting low on quality attire...:giggle:

I am ugly and can't sing as you know, so don't qualify.

A "beer chang" singlet is on the way.

2 minutes ago, deathmule said:

JSixpack.

I like how he always comes with facts and quotes every time he's debating something and that he's willing to debate with facts and quotes and not just his opinion.

Rare thing in this forum

They won't let me sing here, that's a fact....:saai:

Edited by transam

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

Considering modern trends, I would expect this years winner to be the most obnoxious, boastful, bigoted, Thai hater in our ranks.  Civility and thoughtful content is clearly out of favor in this present environment.:sad:

While sad, its likely true. I didn't  click "Like" your comment VF but I totally agree if that makes sense. :smile:

There are some good posters on this site. With that said

My 3 names for the POTY ThaiVisa hat are;

Kenk24

Amykat

Villagefarang

Who won last year?

26 minutes ago, JAFO said:

While sad, its likely true. I didn't  click "Like" your comment VF but I totally agree if that makes sense. :smile:

There are some good posters on this site. With that said

My 3 names for the POTY ThaiVisa hat are;

Kenk24

Amykat

Villagefarang

Who won last year?

NancyL

3 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Considering modern trends, I would expect this years winner to be the most obnoxious, boastful, bigoted, Thai hater in our ranks.  Civility and thoughtful content is clearly out of favor in this present environment.:sad:

The old newspaper adage: It isn't news when the plane lands safely.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She won last year and already said she doesn't want to compete again. I suggest all previous winners not be allowed. Let new people have the joy.

It sounds like your reading skills are slipping.  She was not being nominated, Ron19 was simply answering the question “Who won last year?”