What is the "stigma" about tank tops.

joeyg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I'll have the one in the green shorts please.  Remember fitness first.  It's fun being an old fart and being strong and fit.  TRY IT!!!

I prefer the girl in the gray top. :smile:

Fit as a fiddle. Run, walk, bike many, many, many, many miles a week. I hate it too, but it's what I gotta do.

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I really didn't notice the music.  Sure discipline is not for everyone.  Certainly not the average person.  Personally I have found it to be one of the most rewarding things in my life.  In 2017 I want more of it.

Well I often tell people that, "I've got the willpower of a tame rabbit" which to a certain extent is true, however when I have needed discipline in my life, I've easily included it – – staying the course and studying during my five year apprenticeship; training hard to cement my place in a senior amateur/semi pro football team; building a $2 billion investment division from scratch etc.

However when it comes to red wine, young brown skinned, attractive women and chocolate, well that's a different matter.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Well I often tell people that, "I've got the willpower of a tame rabbit" which to a certain extent is true, however when I have needed discipline in my life, I've easily included it – – staying the course and studying during my five year apprenticeship; training hard to cement my place in a senior amateur/semi pro football team; building a $2 billion investment division from scratch etc.

However when it comes to red wine, young brown skinned, attractive women and chocolate, well that's a different matter.

So you are disciplined...:jap:    I have the identical weaknesses... 

8 minutes ago, Shot said:

Fit as a fiddle. Run, walk, bike many, many, many, many miles a week. I hate it too, but it's what I gotta do.

Good job man.  Esp. at 64 my favorite part of a work out is when it's over.  I love the results though  24/7.  When I get in a work out slump I feel like dog $$$$

22 minutes ago, Shot said:

I just caught that and did the edit!!! THE LIGHT GREEN SHORTS!!!! LOL!!!

7 minutes ago, roo860 said:
6 minutes ago, joeyg said:

OK but I want to rub oil on the girl in the "light green" shorts ONLY please...:whistling:

Glad we got that cleared up

1 minute ago, Shot said:

Fun thread

I like to have fun.   Hummm quote function mal function

40 minutes ago, jvs said:

Maybe you will be joined by another member here who keeps telling people how

fantastic he is!

Well my Avatar says I'm Super.  I just noticed that.  My "adopted" Thai grandson in Yasothan says I'm "Incredible!"

The Incredible Hulk...:cheesy:

9 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Is there anyone here that wares tank tops often?

When it's superhot i wear them a lot and so do Thai in the moobaan. That's in March April May mostly.

On Pattaya beachroad i see many farang running inbetween the pedestrians, don't like that though. I know there's no other place for them but the beachroad is for relaxing, i even saw farang biking inbetween the mass there.

If you thought the Thai are vain you haven't met the Koreans, especially the women. They can't speak english unfortunately but there were loads of them in Pattaya last week.

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

When it's superhot i wear them a lot and so do Thai in the moobaan. That's in March April May mostly.

On Pattaya beachroad i see many farang running inbetween the pedestrians, don't like that though. I know there's no other place for them but the beachroad is for relaxing, i even saw farang biking inbetween the mass there.

If you thought the Thai are vain you haven't met the Koreans, especially the women. They can't speak english unfortunately but there were loads of them in Pattaya last week.

I agree 100% and I do know Koreans quite well.  Mostly from Southern California.  I had a couple Korean girlfriends and some students.  Talk about "high maintenance!!!"

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

'Wife beater' vests were very fashionable with the sort of people Jerry Springer used to have on his show, most lived in trailers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

How can a tank top get a fair go if you're going to call it a "wife beater"? That's an absurd name for a respectable item of clothing. IMO a tank top only looks good on a buff physique. All other please wear T-shirts.:smile:

1 minute ago, tropo said:

How can a tank top get a fair go if you're going to call it a "wife beater"? That's an absurd name for a respectable item of clothing. IMO a tank top only looks good on a buff physique. All other please wear T-shirts.:smile:

Good one.  I didn't understand the wife beater thing.  I was raised in an Italian family.  All the men wore what were called white "atheletic shirts"  in the yard around the house at BBQs.  We called them "Guinea Tees."

As we got older into our "greaser phase"  we wore them with dress pants and white patent leather shoes.  With white straw "tippin' hats"  You'll see this in some of the mafia movies.  

And thank you, "IMO a tank top only looks good on a buff physique. All other please wear T-shirts."

6 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Dress-code and Pattaya in the same thread lol. Classic oxymoron. I think tank tops were cool as a kid in the '70s. :tongue: 

Very good.  I feel better now... :cool: Very good.  I feel better now... :cool:  Yes this is "Occams razor" the simplest answer is usually the correct one... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Edited by joeyg

6 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Are you attracted to me... :whistling:

Nah no way :laugh: your a yank from a warm climate l understand. :thumbsup:

Where you live maybe some Thais find your clothing inappropriate, hence maybe your "stigma" post frankly l dunno.

Seriously my village where l live is a religious area so Thai people don't like seeing ladies and gents scantly clad, they just let it go because tourist falangies no understand because l live here l always try to dress appropriately within the village with smart short sleeve shirts & below knee shorts unless around home or on my farmland why not.

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Nah no way :laugh: your a yank from a warm climate l understand. :thumbsup:

Where you live maybe some Thais find your clothing inappropriate, hence maybe your "stigma" post frankly l dunno.

Seriously my village where l live is a religious area so Thai people don't like seeing ladies and gents scantly clad, they just let it go because tourist falangies no understand because l live here l always try to dress appropriately within the village with smart short sleeve shirts & below knee shorts unless around home or on my farmland why not.

I understand and just kidding of course.  Reality is there are few rules in Pattaya. #1 Money #1. #2 If you are confused about something refer to rule #1.

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

1 minute ago, robertthebruce said:

Tank Tops, Yes, f you are slim and young you can carry it off.

but some of the Fatrys going around that I have seen, embarrassing to say the least..., fortunately I stay clear of them and there Haunts....

It's practically a uniform here in Pattaya.  They are for sale by the thousands!

Nah no way[emoji23]your a yank from a warm climate l understand.[emoji106] Where you live maybe some Thais find your clothing inappropriate, hence maybe your "stigma" post frankly l dunno.

You forgot your Pith Helmet.
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app