rooster59

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, robblok said:

You and I both know that the death penalty never happens here, its just life in imprisonment. But by going for the death penalty they are sure to get a long sentence. I am all for getting tough on corruption. its the only way to move this country forward. If politicians can't make money from being in government they won't be willing to unleash violence on their opponents and they won't be buying positions because its not worth it financially.

This way we might actually get politicians that are there more for the people then for themselves. 

Well said, 3 times.

8 hours ago, robblok said:

That is the end of YL and of course those that are tied in the fake G2G deals. Too bad it won't happen it would be a great deterrent. 

Now now Robby, you still haven't read those books I told you about have you?

Are you worried it might upset your cast-in-stone opinions about the Thai elites?

You only have one tune in your repertoir, and it's sounding very repetitious.

Coming back to the core topic, I wonder if this sensational annoucement is not a way to attract attention on a particular point, in the hope to have something else getting unnoticed.

So what is it they want to get unnoticed? Create the conditions to allow them stacking all unelected positions with their men? Something else?

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

But it's OK if he embezzles a million.

Or up to 999 million THB. I say life for 1tHB to 100millionTHB. 100million + death penalty. As with all of the laws here Thailand needs to start sending a message to ALL (hi or lo so) that crime does not pay!!!! Period. Full stop.

When the populice knows that there is no punishment. Well what do you expect to happen.

Thailand, the hub of incredibly repressive laws with incredibly harsh sanctions... hardly ever enforced. This just is a new step.

Not that I'd wish that the death penalty were enforced. This is silly. I'm sure there are more than enough laws allowing for 10s of years behind the bars (especially with repeated offenses) already. Just start enforcing them.

Edited by Lannig

The death penalty is not a deterrent, the death penalty is not a deterrent, the death penalty is not a deterrent, the d......

Oh yeah, and Thailand's criminal justice system has shown itself to be, ummm.... how unbiased and infallible?

It's just SEE, WE REALLY MEAN IT ABOUT REFORM, YOU GUYS for the masses and the mindless. That they can threaten political enemies with the law would be icing on the cake. Then again, a billion in graft??

The death penalty for corruptions sounds good.  Anything that harshly punishes corruption has a nice ring to it.  The problem is, all these things just become cudgels for use by some politicians against other politicians, or, to be more precise, by some corrupt politicians against other corrupt politicians.

That is just a warning to make sure if they are caught out embezzling or stealing or extorting money the maximum amount allowable would be 999,999,999 Baht value and they will be required to share the proceeds with those who are conducting the prosecutions as a form of leniency.

So keep your thieving under the 1 billion baht mark and you are OK.....

Problem solved

Now everyone smile for the camera and point fingers at one another.

Cheers  

14 hours ago, retarius said:

Totally pointless proposal. If you are influential enough to embezzle a billion baht then  you are immune from prosecution. Remember our friend the Ferrari driver?

When they go after that Ferrari driver I may listen to them, until then this administration is for the rich and against the middle and poor.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Oh I should imagine he is one of the untouchables...

His son certainly is not implicated in land deals and so on arrested, Sondi also always thought to be untouchable arrested. I think you should play an other tune about calling people untouchable. Its of course fun to call people untouchable to act like your side is good and the underdog while the reality is completely different. 

His son certainly is not implicated in land deals and so on arrested, Sondi also always thought to be untouchable arrested. I think you should play an other tune about calling people untouchable. Its of course fun to call people untouchable to act like your side is good and the underdog while the reality is completely different. 

To be frank, I don't care what you think Robblock. You are far too fond of going around telling everyone what to think, whilst you parrot the junta propaganda, whilst all the time claiming that you don't support them, they are the lesser of two evils and so on...

Only my opinion of course!

Just now, JAG said:

To be frank, I don't care what you think Robblock. You are far too fond of going around telling everyone what to think. In my opinion of course!

I have my opinion and you have yours you seem to comment when I say something you don't agree with. I just do the same. Nothing personal at all. We will always disagree on this and see things differently. It happens a lot luckily we don't resort to violence. 

This is never, ever going to happen. This administration have never, ever been serious about fighting corruption. Has a single current official, police captain, or military man ever been charged and sentenced? Even one? And by raising the bar that high, by allowing anyone to engage in corruption and steal up to $32 million, without facing this penalty, they are almost saying do it, but don't do it too much!