Savannakhet SETV

Where do you get this from really makes me laugh seems like we now have a class system within the expat community all so very HI-SO

3 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

I wonder if this all has to do with the temporary lifting of visa fees, and some perception within the dept. that it'll encourage the deadbeats & tourist visa abusers

37 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I have a ticket and a bank statement, but no tour porgamme do I actually need one?

I am not even sure what one is if you are not on a tour

Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Although a tour programme is specifically requested on the notice, they were not asking for it on the whole. I did not provide one. But the guy in front of me whose documents were not sufficient any way was told in a loud voice, "You have no tour programme."

So, my feeling is if you have proof of funds and a ticket out, you should be ok.

You could always write one out.

• Like 1

Just now, juice777 said:

Anyone using bus tickets?

Not when I was there.

The rejections seem to be principally based around failure to provide evidence of funds in the form of bank statements. That was the big thing.

After that, the consular officer seemed to focus on the lack of a ticket out, the number of previous tourist visas in the passport and the applicants who were under 50. All my previous tourist visas were from the UK. However he made a big issue that I had at least one tourist visa every year from 2013. (despite the fact they were all obtained in the UK). These seemed to be secondary reasons for rejection.

The whole process seemed subjective. People were rejected with some supporting documents whilst others were accepted with no supporting documents.

The good news is you can come back the next day and try again. People were there trying for a third and fourth straight day!

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No reports of that being needed. 

Was quoted early  Joe

If anybody turns up at the Savannakhet consulate without the required, and unexpected for many, documents as follows :-

bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or more,

ticket out of Thailand,

programme / tour itinerary (yes, the guy in front of me was pulled up over 'no programme'),

Not when I was there.

The rejections seem to be principally based around failure to provide evidence of funds in the form of bank statements. That was the big thing.

After that, the consular officer seemed to focus on the lack of a ticket out, the number of previous tourist visas in the passport and the applicants who were under 50. All my previous tourist visas were from the UK. However he made a big issue that I had at least one tourist visa every year from 2013. (despite the fact they were all obtained in the UK). These seemed to be secondary reasons for rejection.

The whole process seemed subjective. People were rejected with some supporting documents whilst others were accepted with no supporting documents.

The good news is you can come back the next day and try again. People were there trying for a third and fourth straight day!

I live of rental income from property from the UK. But don't have loads of cash in the bank but more then 20000THB if I print out some Documents showing where my money comes from do you that will help. I am worried they will think I am working here.

6 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I live of rental income from property from the UK. But don't have loads of cash in the bank but more then 20000THB if I print out some Documents showing where my money comes from do you that will help. I am worried they will think I am working here.

No idea, I am afraid.

The notice specified bank statement showing at least 20,000 Baht or equivalent. That is what you should try to obtain.

I am not sure I would class a bank account with 600 Euros or £500 or 20,000 Baht in as "loads of cash".

Even a cheapo flat in the UK nowadays is £500 a month.

Edited by Briggsy

Was quoted early  Joe

If anybody turns up at the Savannakhet consulate without the required, and unexpected for many, documents as follows :-

ticket out of Thailand,

programme / tour itinerary (yes, the guy in front of me was pulled up over 'no programme'),

So I can print out my own one saying something like this

Jan 20th-feb20th Pattaya
Feb 20th - ko samui and various other beaches in south of Thailand

Or something similar sounds a bit ridiculous If you ask me

Just now, juice777 said:

So I can print out my own one saying something like this

Jan 20th-feb20th Pattaya
Feb 20th - ko samui and various other beaches in south of Thailand

Or something similar sounds a bit ridiculous If you ask me

TIT

Don't think too much. Just give them what they want.

12 minutes ago, juice777 said:

20,000bht is a little over 400 quid...In UK terms that is sod all....You can put thousands of quid from a UK credit card into a bank account so you have no worries...So I don't understand the 20,000bht thingy...

1 minute ago, transam said:

20,000bht is a little over 400 quid...In UK terms that is sod all....You can put thousands of quid from a UK credit card into a bank account so you have no worries...So I don't understand the 20,000bht thingy...

The 20,000bht rule go's back years and years when it was actually worth something. That will IMO, be the next thing that is changed to reflect the cost of living here.

The 20,000bht rule go's back years and years when it was actually worth something. That will IMO, be the next thing that is changed to reflect the cost of living here.

Yep I agree I think it has be at least double that and will change soon

A tourist entering Thailand and leaving Thailand after 60 days has possibly Pre booked and paid tour packages, including accommodation, food etc....so 20.000 Baht could be ok?? However, I am wondering why a travel insurance is NOT requested....? This would make sense

Maybe cross Savannakhet off the list of places to go for a visa? Some people have been using tourist visas for years and have never once had to provide bank info, onward tickets, or anything else. Seems Savannakhet is now a place almost on par with KL and Singapore for abrasiveness at the embassy. One person said he saw a guy getting shouted at? Umm, no thanks.

1 hour ago, Essecola said:

Maybe cross Savannakhet off the list of places to go for a visa? Some people have been using tourist visas for years and have never once had to provide bank info, onward tickets, or anything else. Seems Savannakhet is now a place almost on par with KL and Singapore for abrasiveness at the embassy. One person said he saw a guy getting shouted at? Umm, no thanks.

I would bet the fellow being shouted at was not accepting what he was told.  Everyone should get through their heads that, whatever the head-honcho says might as well be what the law says, because "That is how it shall be."  The fact that things were different last month, last week, yesterday, or an hour ago is irrelevant (unfortunately).

16 hours ago, Briggsy said:

ticket out of Thailand,

programme / tour itinerary (yes, the guy in front of me was pulled up over 'no programme'), ...

I hope they don't mind a relatively "uneventful" schedule for the "itinerary."  Most folks don't go gallivanting around during retirement or vacation.

Edited by JackThompson

I hope they don't mind a relatively "uneventful" schedule for the "itinerary."  Most folks don't go gallivanting around during retirement or vacation.

I am a lost what to put on mine, I plan to spend the next 3 months in my condo with the occasional trip to the beach or a bar or restaurant.

• Like 1