Trump struggles to add star power to his moment of glory, faces boycott

webfact

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Struggle to add 'star power'?

Trump is the only Star that counts at the inauguration.  Any others are superfluous. :smile:

It's time for you now to try to think like a billionaire POTUS. 

Trump needed your vote to get the position.

Now he needs something else. 

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take any excuse to watch The West Wing again.

A show that portrayed a president with dignity, elegance, real intelligence, vision, leadership, savvy, a good heart, and a team of people who really cared about their country, and the future. Imagine that? Will we ever see anything like that in our lifetime? I rather doubt it. I cannot remember the last administration with those characteristics. If anything is certain, it is that this one will not be the exception.

Edited by spidermike007

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A show that portrayed a president with dignity, elegance, real intelligence, vision, leadership, savvy, a good heart, and a team of people who really cared about their country, and the future. Imagine that? Will we ever see anything like that in our lifetime? I rather doubt it. I cannot remember the last administration with those characteristics. If anything is certain, it is that this one will not be the exception.

I always thought JFK was pretty impressive. 

President-elect Donald Trump will not be surrounded by celebrities when he's inaugurated next Friday. 

He doesn't need to be. 'The greatest celebrity in the world' will already be on stage, the head of his inaugural committee, Tom Barrack, said Tuesday:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107188/Trump-s-inauguration-attended-greatest-celebrity-world-

Just now, uptheos said:

President-elect Donald Trump will not be surrounded by celebrities when he's inaugurated next Friday. 

He doesn't need to be. 'The greatest celebrity in the world' will already be on stage, the head of his inaugural committee, Tom Barrack, said Tuesday:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107188/Trump-s-inauguration-attended-greatest-celebrity-world-

I guess hes right, I can't think of a bigger celebrity in the world right now, so what does it matter?

Last place I would be is in the crowd at this event. 

I hope nothing happens but it's likely, even with the army of law enforcement/security/national guard.  One little pop and the human stampede alone will kill/injure many.

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

who cares if some moron sings at his inauguration or not.

I would have made it a private ceremony, no waste of taxpayer monies.

Get back to work and make america great again.

:cheesy: too cute!

7 hours ago, p_brownstone said:

I'd admire any President who simply took the Oath of Office then turned around and went into the White House to begin doing the job for which he was elected.

The best part about your statement. But the show must go on the pomp and ceremony and the big bucks donated by big business must be spent on frivolitry. Frivolitry is all that matters. This would feed so many poor children and give them some hope. This thing is turning into a big city adaption of a country fair horse judging contest where the blue ribbon is being awarded. As the song goes "When will we ever learn"

4 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

I am perplexed that showbiz people are mourning the demise of a President who has tripled the national debt , introduced a half-baked health-care system which is failing etc etc. Enter: Donald Trump who is bringing jobs back to America and will MAGA.

Can I have some numbers...especially on the debt- thingy, please?

I watched an interview with a school band from Mississippi that were going to perform at the inauguration including the flag wavers and cheer leaders.  The reporter asked the schoolkids "If you were old enough to vote, how many of you would vote for Trump?"  Not surprising only two put their hands up.  And this from a State where 60% of the votes were for Trump. 

8 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Struggle to add 'star power'?

Trump is the only Star that counts at the inauguration.  Any others are superfluous. :smile:

If he was smart, like he says, he would have cancelled it and just had his aunt swear him in

4 hours ago, Grubster said:

I would be willing to bet it will be the most watched inauguration ever. Then the fun begins.

I will bet.  Are we talking TV, internet or in people in attendance, not counting protesters. $10,000 double or nothing

9 hours ago, p_brownstone said:

This is a ceremony to inaugurate the President of the Leader of the worlds' most powerful Democracy; it's not half time at the Superbowl.

OK, some Politicians and "Activists" will sulk and not turn up - their choice - but why beg Actors and Singers to contribute to the occasion, and give them the opportunity to showcase their Community College inculcated "political opinions" by accepting or refusing?

I'd admire any President who simply took the Oath of Office then turned around and went into the White House to begin doing the job for which he was elected.

Patrick

They shouldn't have waisted all their time an energy trying to figure out that people don't respect him :clap2:

1 hour ago, Redline said:

I will bet.  Are we talking TV, internet or in people in attendance, not counting protesters. $10,000 double or nothing

You must already owe me ten grand if its double or nothing huh.

Sorry no betting allowed here anyway.  Just wait and see.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

You must already owe me ten grand if its double or nothing huh.

Sorry no betting allowed here anyway.  Just wait and see.

I could use the cash.  20 grand, if you win~20 for me if you lose. No flaky odds I mean.

I think that an awful lot of people will tune in to watch the inauguration.  Will someone get a shot in?  Will someone get a head butt in?  Will he fluff his lines.  Much of the outside world will be hoping for something to happen but I fear that it will all go smoothly and the moron will get to sit in the big chair.  I won't be watching as I have do some food shopping.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

who cares if some moron sings at his inauguration or not.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

TRUMP cares, that's who!  He is the most thin-skinned, narcissistic, fragile little snowflake I've ever seen in government.  Well, maybe that's because he has NO experience in public service whatsoever...he's used to having things handed to him and getting what he wants, and he's starting to get a very rude awakening.