PM orders hunt after assassination threats against him, Prawit

rooster59

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

PM orders hunt after assassination threats against him, Prawit

It is really to bad that the PM cannot use the same amount of zeal when it comes to real crimes not perceived threats. Methinks this is a ringer ruse to take peoples eyes of the real problems. Who would want to hurt a nice old babbler like Prawit?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, petermik said:

So full of self importance :whistling:

He's the nation's leader, the leader of 66 million citizens... I'd say that's quite an important position, wouldn't you?

All leaders need to take all assassination threats seriously... well, perhaps with the exception of Madonna.:smile:

Just now, tropo said:

He's the nation's leader, the leader of 66 million citizens...

You forgot to mention "self-imposed", and that might give him (and you) a clue as to why some people might be willing to resort to extreme measure since he can't be replaced by democratic means.

maybe there is a badge of honour awaiting to be pinned with all the other tin on his tunic,

- to display he's a more popular/meaningful/strategic/worthy/easier target than Trump?

In his own eyes...

well, he's already competing - doing the Trump, and pre-empting a fence along his Sth frontier too

who will get it done first?

44 minutes ago, Becker said:

You forgot to mention "self-imposed", and that might give him (and you) a clue as to why some people might be willing to resort to extreme measure since he can't be replaced by democratic means.

(There's no need for sarcasm - I don't require any "clues" from you)

.... and there was no need to mention "self-imposed" in the context of a Thailand government. Since the government became a constitutional monarchy in 1932, military coups and self-imposed governments are a common way of "doing business". They have their own way of doing things, and in reality, it's not much more messed up that many other countries claiming "democracy". There is no perfect system.

But it doesn't matter how he got there - he's an important person and should take any assassination plots and rumors seriously.

13 minutes ago, tropo said:

it's not much more messed up that many other countries claiming "democracy". There is no perfect system.

Your answer is what they call in boxing a almost split decision for me. 60% against and $40% for. The above is what I agree with you on. When I look at the above cartoon of Mutt and Jeff with Mutt pointing at Jeff that is where the difference lies. Yes democracy is a failing system but a junta well that is a couple notches down the scale. Everything in life today seems layered and while democracy is no layer cake it is far from the dogma being tossed out by the Bobbsie Twins above. All things are in the eyes of the perceiver and I am not Thai. 

1 hour ago, tropo said:

He's the nation's leader, the leader of 66 million citizens... I'd say that's quite an important position, wouldn't you?

All leaders need to take all assassination threats seriously... well, perhaps with the exception of Madonna.:smile:

I think she is in Trump's black book. Shudder

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

Im sure even he could find a special friend there or at least buy himself one.

Even a threesome would not be out of the realm of possibility with his pension (if the police chief gets $40,000 a month I wonder how much the esteemed Mr. Prawit gets) . Like the trip to Hawaii I am sure he can stick the taxpayer with the bill somehow. 

55 minutes ago, tropo said:

(There's no need for sarcasm - I don't require any "clues" from you)

.... and there was no need to mention "self-imposed" in the context of a Thailand government. Since the government became a constitutional monarchy in 1932, military coups and self-imposed governments are a common way of "doing business". They have their own way of doing things, and in reality, it's not much more messed up that many other countries claiming "democracy". There is no perfect system.

But it doesn't matter how he got there - he's an important person and should take any assassination plots and rumors seriously.

Tropo... means been too long in the tropics causing one to lose one's sanity and clarity of vision of realty..... 'nuff said

28 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

Tropo... means been too long in the tropics causing one to lose one's sanity and clarity of vision of realty..... 'nuff said

Yes, that was the exact reason I chose my forum name. Well done!

But don't worry, I'm OK now - I keep the air conditioning on and don't venture outside much.:biggrin:

(if perchance you were not trying to be funny, you know where you can stick it - 'nuff said)

4 hours ago, kovaltech said:

I think that the PM represents the positive "wind off change" needed so badly...

Things never looked so good for Thailand ( for the honest part )

Where as before the slogan was "divide the people and rule", now at least some people want to unify and restore peace and order....

I really want to put a question mark with some posters here on TV... 

The only question mark is is this a serious statement or sarcasm ?  The foul wind off change you mention is just the Thai elite regaining control of the trough.   Usurping power from an elected government, without due process and by force is not change for the better.  

4 hours ago, kovaltech said:

I think that the PM represents the positive "wind off change" needed so badly...

Things never looked so good for Thailand ( for the honest part )

Where as before the slogan was "divide the people and rule", now at least some people want to unify and restore peace and order....

I really want to put a question mark with some posters here on TV... 

It may have been a "positive wind of change" in 2014, sadly 3 years later in 2017 it would more politely be referred to as a miasma.:whistling:

A real man deals with issues like this, and moves on. He is in a position where there are millions of people who hate his guts. Of course there are going to be threats from time to time. Is he really that much of a coward, that he cannot handle an online media rant? Really? Come on now. Buck up. Man up. Behave like a big boy, and show us why you are a general, and not a wimp. 

In the run down of attempts , they forgot to mention the jet exploding on the tarmac at the airbridge that Thaksin was to catch to Chiang Mai and they put it down to a cigarette, however in any country the biggest danger is someone who is a marksman with 3 months or less to live, that's the biggest danger.....................................:coffee1: