Details emerge of Republicans' plans to replace Obamacare

rooster59

I had several major surgeries in Thailand.   The doctors that did these were all trained and Board Certified in the US.   One has won several prestigious awards.   I still see three of the doctors on a regular basis and all continue to attend conferences in the US on a regular basis.   They describe the training, facilities and research in the US as being the best.  

The US is a big country where access is a problem.   Some areas are remote and conditions such as weather can be a major impediment to getting to medical facilities.   There is also the problem of access for the poorer segments of the population.  

Huge numbers of people from around the world travel to the US for advanced medical care.  

Here's a good summary of who would gain and who would lose under the Republicans' proposed health care plan:

“The typical person who is going to lose the most in this scenario is a lower-income person in their 60s who lives in a rural area, where the person who gains is the affluent millennial urbanite,” Cynthia Cox, an analyst at the Kaiser Family Foundation, told me. In other words, the Republican plan doesn't just screw the poor. It screws Trump voters in particular, while giving a hand to a lot of young people who probably for Hillary. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/03/02/the_republican_health_care_plan_is_especially_terrible_for_trump_voters.html