Americans are hopeless.

I recently broke up with my Thai girlfriend.  I'm still a bit sad.  But life goes on.  An old Bangkok friend recommended I go to Annie's, "The Famous Annie's" he called it, where I could get a soapy, body to body massage.  So I went.

Annie's was difficult to find, a little dingy and the woman who greeted me was grumpy.  I nearly left.  But in the room full of massage girls where one can choose a lady, a cutie caught my eye.  So I went for it. I'm glad I did.

The young woman had shaved her pubic hair and it was growing back. So when she massaged me it felt prickly, a little weird.  But I liked it.  I named her the Human Scrub Brush, henceforth HSB.

I spent nearly an hour with HSB enjoying all the benefits of HSB's efforts.  Let's say HSB has mastered the girlfriend experience in her massage practice.  We were chatting toward the end of the hour when HSB asked:

HSB: "Do you like Donald Trump"?

Me: "I did not vote for him, but I don't think about it much. Why"?

HSB: "I did not know Donald Trump, but American customers say they wish they could stay here because they don't like Donald Trump".

Me: "Wait! wait! You are saying American men come here on vacation and seek out The Famous Annie's. Then they pay 2500 Baht for a beautiful twenty-nine year old with perky boobs to give them a body to body massage, fulfill their desires and pamper their dumb old asses, AND THEY COMPLAIN TO YOU ABOUT DONALD TRUMP"?

HSB: "Yes".

We're doomed.

Edited by Brooklyn Charlie
misspelling

56 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

This thread is doomed as well.

Probably.Tho' it may have been doomed anyway as there appears to be comparatively few posters contributing to TV these days even in comparison to when I joined last year.Possibly a sign of the times...

Yet the OP is quite right in my experience.I have quite an extensive network of international contacts and I did have to gently inform most of the Americans that there was life-as we may know it-outside of the Hilary Clinton/Donald Trump imbroglio.Now that the Donald has triumphed their dualistic approach to life seems to have lost focus a bit but I am sure that they will start to rally soon...:post-4641-1156694606:

Just a fun topic.

Probably.Tho' it may have been doomed anyway as there appears to be comparatively few posters contributing to TV these days even in comparison to when I joined last year.Possibly a sign of the times...

It may be that posters are becoming more discerning and are unwilling to contribute to rubbish posts.

In the broad view of things, the country (my country) appears to be bouncing back and forth between the two main political parties and their Presidents, for quite a long time.

Nixon and Ford led to Carter.

Carter led to Reagan and Bush I

Bush I led to Clinton

Clinton led to Bush 2

Bush 2 led to Obama

Obama led to the Loon.

In reality, the rightists and the leftists, for lack of better terms, have probably stuck with their candidates thru the years. But it's the undecideds/middle roaders who have tended to vacilate, picking one party, eventually getting fed up, switching sides, getting fed up, then switching again. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I recently broke up with my Thai girlfriend.  I'm still a bit sad.  But life goes on.  An old Bangkok friend recommended I go to Annie's, "The Famous Annie's" he called it, where I could get a soapy, body to body massage.  So I went.

Annie's was difficult to find, a little dingy and the woman who greeted me was grumpy.  I nearly left.  But in the room full of massage girls where one can choose a lady, a cutie caught my eye.  So I went for it. I'm glad I did.

The young woman had shaved her pubic hair and it was growing back. So when she massaged me it felt prickly, a little weird.  But I liked it.  I named her the Human Scrub Brush, henceforth HSB.

I spent nearly an hour with HSB enjoying all the benefits of HSB's efforts.  Let's say HSB has mastered the girlfriend experience in her massage practice.  We were chatting toward the end of the hour when HSB asked:

HSB: "Do you like Donald Trump"?

Me: "I did not vote for him, but I don't think about it much. Why"?

HSB: "I did not know Donald Trump, but American customers say they wish they could stay here because they don't like Donald Trump".

Me: "Wait! wait! You are saying American men come here on vacation and seek out The Famous Annie's. Then they pay 2500 Baht for a beautiful twenty-nine year old with perky boobs to give them a body to body massage, fulfill their desires and pamper their dumb old asses, AND THEY COMPLAIN TO YOU ABOUT DONALD TRUMP"?

HSB: "Yes".

We're doomed.

Only liberals act that way and we don't really consider them Americans!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Dale59 said:

Only liberals act that way and we don't really consider them Americans!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Who is we?

Asked in the context of the fact that the majority of Americans are EMBARRASSED by having trump as president. So the majority of Americans are not Americans? Hmm. 

it's not that americans are hopeless...more correctly americans may be without hope with the seemingly unstoppable alt - right tide presently engulfing...

I have hope...there is a struggle ahead and folks are mobilising...

I've had a ton of anxiety and stress since the election. I wish I could just leave the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Politics the world over will not change until the way leaders are chosen is changed. Special interest groups pay Boo Koo bucks to get their fav elected, and then the hands come out for payback. When the people are dumbed down besides, kept like mushrooms, and lied to 'For Their Own Good' it is no surprise that the leaders who do get elected are like this. Taking USA as an example - a racist crook, a B movie actor, father and son tag team weasels, and now ...  A good start - Ban lobbying, term limits, accountability - break the law, go to jail