Electric bill

farang1979

19 minutes ago, Naam said:

he is mining Bitcoins. as simple as that.

Make that altcoins as Bitcoin mining has been in the domain of ASICs for a long time (the reasonably simple hash algorithm has been implemented in hardware) making CPU / GPU mining obsolete (as in not worth the power running it, coins found won't pay for it). There's a couple of alt coins out there with new hashing algorithms that are not (yet) done in hardware.

In the end it doesn't really matter as it's moving from one scam to another.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jdietz said:

Make that altcoins as Bitcoin mining has been in the domain of ASICs for a long time (the reasonably simple hash algorithm has been implemented in hardware) making CPU / GPU mining obsolete (as in not worth the power running it, coins found won't pay for it). There's a couple of alt coins out there with new hashing algorithms that are not (yet) done in hardware.

Moving to Geeks Forum :laugh:

1 hour ago, farang1979 said:

I guess the thing that is surprising to me is that, having lived here for 3 years, I have never heard of getting a bill from MEA or from the condo owners directly.

You are basically being billed like living in a hotel.  Since the electric account is not in your name your landlord decides the method & price of electric billing.  

When a person say rents a house the electric bill may stay in the owners/landlord's name but the lease/rent agreement may say you are responsible for paying the electric bill when it arrives each month.  Some people who rent/lease a condo/apartment may get a landlord generated bill.  But as mentioned, you are being billed like living in a hotel.   

Speaking of bills, as I mentioned earlier I always get billed on the 13th of each month not knowing today was the 13th when I wrote my earlier post. We (the Thai wife and I) own our house/dirt.   Well, got my bill in the mailbox today as the MEA electric meter reading man came around, read my meter, dropped a bill in my mailbox.  The bill looks like a big receipt that has your name on it, address, account number, Residential tariff schedule you are on (I'm on 1.2), meter reading, breakout of changes, bar codes, previous 6 months of Kwh usage, etc.  I pay via  ibanking or you can take the bill to 7/11 and pay it that way.

Anyway, my usage and charge was 1,631kwb and Bt6,864.95, respectively....matches the MEA calculator to the stang.    

Now come next month, on 13 Apr and the following month 13 May...and even going to 13 Jun....my electric bills will be at the highest per year as March-May is generally the hottest 3 month period during the year. And that's when we usually see  a peak of ThaiVisa posts whining about electric bills, A/Cs not working properly, etc.   Hot weather is upon us boys and girls...bend over for higher electric bills.

Historical Weather....showing average high and low temp range for each month.  Notice how Mar, Apr, and May are the highest.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Pib

2 hours ago, Jdietz said:

You are right, mining e-coins would not make sense on any CPU.  

I am transcoding and backing up my DVD collection.

It's very easy to run up 2,000 just with a couple of ACs, a few washing loads, the fridge, hot water, electronics. A bill of 500 is a mistake of some kind...mine is rarely that low even if I'm away for most of the month, leaving only the fridge running.