Do many Thais hate us, because they feel we've much more than them?

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

This evening my Thai family and many friends held a traditional Songkran ceremony. As the eldest (and the only farang here) I was the first and guest of honour as it were.

Were the Thais jealous and did they hate me?

Not in the slightest.

And now I must go back to the party.

I am sorry if my experience and that of Transam and so many of us farangs is so different from the many among the posters who seem to have a problem with living in Thailand and among Thai people.

Live is what you make of it and how you live it.

I love it here and want no other place to live.

How dare you enjoy life.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

How dare you enjoy life.

Life is great and we only get one shot at it. Enjoy it while you can. There are too many misery guts out there who want you to join them.

It seemed like a good idea at the time and it still is.

I introduced my Thai friends to the demon Stroh 80 proof rum from Austria.

Only one came back for seconds and he will be carried home in the back of a pickup by some of his family.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

years ago i used to buy it Frankfurt airport duty free. now not available any more. extremely dangerous drink because of its high sugar content which masks the alcohol. my mother used it to give certain cakes rum aroma.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

spread this gospel in Thaivisa forum! the majority of members don't know about it.

To hear the words.....luvvv u toooooo muuuuuuch ?!!........tonight, made me realise....you correct !

Edited by benalibina

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

Life is great and we only get one shot at it. Enjoy it while you can. There are too many misery guts out there who want you to join them.

Only one came back for seconds and he will be carried home in the back of a pickup by some of his family.

I believe in reincarnation so get many shots but in different bodies.

Eating and drinking well is the way to go.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree life is great and for some of us time is dwindling so enjoy what you have.  The problem is many guys can not enjoy it because they have never done much in life and are broke. They have a negative and depressive state  of mind and it reflects on others.  Then they come to Thailand looking for something, but they are the same people.

Just now, bkk6060 said:

I agree life is great and for some of us time is dwindling so enjoy what you have.  The problem is many guys can not enjoy it because they have never done much in life and are broke. They have a negative and depressive state  of mind and it reflects on others.  Then they come to Thailand looking for something, but they are the same people.

True. Different scenary but they still think the same negative thoughts and its the fault of Thais or other farangs why they are unhappy.

The point is best to be objective. Seems up country foreigners have different experiences than city. There is resentment against foreigners. See post #40 Pattaya news. Topic, police nowhere to be found...  And also/again complaing about certain things and being happy here are not mutually exclusive. 

44 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The point is best to be objective. Seems up country foreigners have different experiences than city. There is resentment against foreigners. See post #40 Pattaya news. Topic, police nowhere to be found...  And also/again complaing about certain things and being happy here are not mutually exclusive. 

Each city is different. A lot of bad stuff happens in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

a small correction Bill. the Stroh Rum you are referring to is not 80 but  80% = 160 proof. Stroh also used to produce rum with 60% alcohol content = 120 proof.

http://www.stroh.at/en/products/stroh-original/

just found the reason why Stroh 80 is not sold anymore in duty free shops:

Flight ban for high-proof alcohol

International air traffic regulations don't allow passengers to take on board liquids with more than 60% vol. alcohol. Luckily for all STROH lovers, STROH 60 is a welcome alternative, available in many airport shops.

Edited by Naam

15 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Where in isaan do you live?

Here..................

Photo0957.jpg.ca66985700936ba80801d1cbf86c44c9.jpg

And am sitting here when talking to you lot.....

Photo0899.jpg.83c2381c83bfc7fd73c922ed21d29b26.jpgPhoto0898.jpg.719221e2181f64948094a5964b9c99ef.jpg

Yeh, we do rough it a bit up in Isaan, so I've been told many times here.....

cheeky-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif.c8512feaddbe36e6a7816d6b4a9bbac0.gif

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Here..................

And am sitting here when talking to you lot.....

Yeh, we do rough it a bit up in Isaan, so I've been told many times here.....

cheeky-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif.c8512feaddbe36e6a7816d6b4a9bbac0.gif

With a lake in front of your house if I recall correctly. Nice area.

13 hours ago, Naam said:

years ago i used to buy it Frankfurt airport duty free. now not available any more. extremely dangerous drink because of its high sugar content which masks the alcohol. my mother used it to give certain cakes rum aroma.

I had several Hong Thong and sodas last night then swapped to Stroh half way through the evening. Apart from drinking a double shot to prove that I was a "real man" I had no problems until my small to medium hangover this morning.

Sometimes too much happiness is NOT a good thing. 2 Tylenol's and some coffee sorted my hangover. Sadly, my wife still has her hangover.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nice gaff to live in.

My stalker refers to me as an Isaan refugee.......Tells all his "chums".....Well I can tell his chums that I am quite happy in my humble Isaan abode with sound systems that my far off neighbours  thoroughly enjoy my renditions............great.gif.30fd3cd8c4e7ea2c56567d651ede54cb.gif

My stalker refers to me as an Isaan refugee.......Tells all his "chums".....Well I can tell his chums that I am quite happy in my humble Isaan abode with sound systems that my far off neighbours  thoroughly enjoy my renditions............great.gif.30fd3cd8c4e7ea2c56567d651ede54cb.gif

I got a few of them too. My take on it is that it must be proof that your life (or mine) is more interesting, otherwise why would they bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk