Crowd gathers at court to hear verdict over schoolgirl’s death

webfact

Crowd gathers at court to hear verdict over schoolgirl’s death
By The Nation

432bc37986c1120810f16b9b517b5227.jpeg

Relatives of Ruadeewan "Nong Snow" Polprasit gather outside the Kalasin Provincial Court on Thursday morning to hear the case's verdict.

KALASIN: -- A large number of people gathered outside Kalasin Provincial Court on Thursday to hear the verdict of a 35-year-old village headman charged with killing an 18-year-old schoolgirl during a rape attempt in Kamalasai district in 2015.

They were there to support the victim’s family.

On the evening of December 23, 2015, Rong Kham School student Ruadeewan Polprasit, better known as “Nong Snow”, was on Ban Si Than-Ban Noen Muang Road heading home when an attacker kicked her motorcycle to the ground and dragged her into a roadside ditch and attempted to rape her. 

The victim fought off her attacker but two days later died of her injuries. 

On April 4, 2016, police arrested Ban Si Than village headman Krittidech Rawengwan, who was suspended from work immediately. He was charged with rape and violent assault leading to death.

After a trial lasting almost 10 months and involving testimonies from 55 witnesses, the judge was due to give a verdict this afternoon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310759

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-30

So there were 55 witnesses standing around while he attacked the girl,

I suspect most of them were called to attest to his excellent character

and good deeds, lets hope he gets exactly what he deserves .

regards worgeordie

I hope he gets life for this despicable crime, but i wont hold my breath.

All the witnesses will have been saying what a good man he is, because he certainly woundt be trying to rape a girl in front of so many people.

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

A large number of people gathered outside Kalasin Provincial Court on Thursday to hear the verdict of a 35-year-old village headman charged with killing an 18-year-old schoolgirl during a rape attempt in Kamalasai district in 2015.

They were there to support the victim’s family.

Normally I'm against lynch mobs, but in this case...@%*& him

Village headman sentenced to death for killing schoolgirl
By The Nation

432bc37986c1120810f16b9b517b5227.jpeg

Relatives of Ruadeewan "Nong Snow" Polprasit gather outside the Kalasin Provincial Court on Thursday morning to hear the case's verdict.

KALASIN: -- The Kalasin Provincial Court Thursday sentenced a a 35-year-old village headman to death for murdering an 18-year-old schoolgirl during a rape attempt in Kamalasai district in 2015.

The court also ordered  Ban Si Than village headman Krittidech Rawengwan to pay the family of  Rong Kham School student Ruadeewan Polprasit, better known as “Nong Snow”, Bt2.39 million in compensation.

The court found Krittidech guilty of Ruadeewan while trying to rape her.

Before the court made the verdict, a large number of people gathered outside the court to hear the verdict to support the victim’s family.

On the evening of December 23, 2015, Rong Kham School student Ruadeewan Polprasit, better known as “Nong Snow”, was on Ban Si Than-Ban Noen Muang Road heading home when an attacker kicked her motorcycle to the ground and dragged her into a roadside ditch and attempted to rape her. 

The victim fought off her attacker but two days later died of her injuries. 

On April 4, 2016, police arrested Ban Si Than village headman Krittidech Rawengwan, who was suspended from work immediately. He was charged with rape and violent assault leading to death.

After a trial lasting almost 10 months and involving testimonies from 55 witnesses, the judge was due to give a verdict this afternoon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310776

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-30

17 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Result.

Now, enforce the death sentence and it just might deter other sick bastards from doing a similar thing in the future.

No it will not deter other sick bastards but will certainly make sure this sick bastard never does it again 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Normally I'm against lynch mobs, but in this case...@%*& him

+ 1, that's actually the best idea to treat such a rat.

Just using my imagination that the guy kicked her from her motorbike and then tried to rape her makes me want to throw up.

Would the girl have been my daughter, I'd go for it, no matter what consequences I'd face.

I'm an atheist, but an eye for an eye seems sometimes very convenient to me, especially in such cases.

Edited by ajarngreg

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Which is better punishment?

Death or rotting in a Thai prison with 60 prisoners in one cell until you die?

But a Royal Pardon after 18 years and the Bastard will be free. Better he's leaving the living. 

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Which is better punishment?

Death or rotting in a Thai prison with 60 prisoners in one cell until you die?

It's unlikely that he will be executed. I guess that the sentence will be commuted to life imprisonment.

But, your point about which is the better (or worse) punishment is valid. I expect, given the choice, he would prefer prison - with the chance of parole and maybe even a Royal pardon after 15-20 years.

The victim will never enjoy another moment of life and her family will never be happy again. On the other hand, yes, prison can be harsh but you can bet that the murderer will enjoy a meal, a drink, a smoke, a laugh with his fellow inmates every day and visits from his family and friends. That just seems wrong to me.

Very sad for the family as no amount of justice will bring back their girl. Years ago my house was robbed, a police commander offered to bring a suspect in and lock the two of us in a cell. I wasn't sure who did it. The man here is scum. I will have another red bull to think this over.

Im also having a Red Bull while pondering over this story

I have no problem with the death penalty and would welcome some lives simply "snuffed" out of existence... No need to think of them anymore then

The only consolation I give them is that they wont suffer the pain and torment their victims suffered... but at least the days of anguish leading up to their non existence will suffice