Repair our roads - tourists and locals moan about the state of Pattaya roads ahead of Songkran

webfact

Repair our roads - tourists and locals moan about the state of Pattaya roads ahead of Songkran

3pm.jpg 

Picture: Sanook

PATTAYA ; -- Tourists and locals called in reporters to inspect a dangerous pothole in Central Pattaya yesterday amid fears that the resorts roads will see more unnecessary carnage at this year's Songkran festival.

Sanook went to investigate the offending hole at the end of Soi Chalerm Prakiat 13 outside a convenience store.

An unidentified foreigner was on hand to do the pointing and show us where the hole is exactly (see picture).

Sanook said that the state of the roads was causing concern. This hole was 50 centimeters wide and 10 centimeters deep and there was no warning sign in sight.

It could easily result in an accident, they said. And with "Wan Lai", Pattaya's extended Songkran festival, on the horizon they said that locals and tourists alike were calling on the authorities to make repairs before accidents occur.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-05

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

The unidentified foreigner wants to mind his own business,.

Is everything perfect in his own country?

I pass this "spot" often and its slowly getting worse what do YOU want to happen before it gets repaired? kudos to the guy for bringing it to peoples attention,maybe something might get done about it,but then again :whistling:

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Some of us have lived here a long time.  Have businesses here.  Families here.  This is our home.  Ridiculous comment.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

It is is business if he just paid thousands to come to the country on holiday as TAT told him in adverts its a safe place and a world famous family resort and then he finds pot hole after pot hole in every road in every town he visits that kill every day and no one does a thing about it. You cannot even walk 50m on a pavement here without a "hole" of some sort to fall in. Pothole paradise god knows how the disabled get on here

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I'm quite sure the roads and streets are not that bad in his "own country" as the horrible streets in Pattaya/ Jomtien. 

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well I supposes that was part of the 'previous' problem in that everyone minded their own business and it never got fixed.

Full of water it is a great danger.

Putting complaints on social media seems to work better than anything.

• 2 months later...

I not know where to put information i hoping i ok. I hope it ok and peoples see this because man can die from this problem.  My friend and me drive motorbike here.  It on road from Dolphin circle place to Beach road.  Very bad road we almoat have bad accident.  please be careful with yourself.

20170615_134320.jpg

20170615_134338.jpg

20170615_134449.jpg

"An unidentified foreigner was on hand to do the pointing and show us where the hole is exactly (see picture)."

Thais seem to like having point at something every photo opportunity and look like a fool. This time they fooled "an unidentified foreigner" to do the same lol

Edited by bbi1

"An unidentified foreigner was on hand to do the pointing and show us where the hole is exactly (see picture)."

Thais seem to like having point at something every photo opportunity and look like a fool. This time they fooled "an unidentified foreigner" to do the same lol

How to make yourself look a total dick.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2017-4-5 at 6:27 PM, alocacoc said:

Once I fall in a sinkhole in Jomtien. There was heavy rain. My motorcycle and me was completely under water. But no injuries. A friendly Taxi driver helped me to recover my bike.

OMG! How many metres deep was the hole you fell into for you and your bike to be completely under water? :shock1:

On 05/04/2017 at 7:20 AM, colinneil said:

Well colin he paid a lot of money to come on holiday to this safe wonderful country and found it to be a disgrace as you cannot walk on the footpaths for fear of breaking an ankle or drive on the roads for fear of worse and swimming in crap is also bad for your health. Do you expect him to stay in his hotel all day and all night for safety reasons, which may be a good idea. 20% of GDP from tourists, yet they are treated like s>>>.

Best go to Vietnam then.