Prayut promises election process will start next year

snoop1130

Prayut promises election process will start next year

By The Nation

8635be3560f710bbd5bbcef6174a39d6.jpeg

The election clock will start ticking next year and political parties will have five months to organise and campaign before the poll, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Wednesday.

After the election, a new government will be formed within two or three months, Prayut said.

Prayut said the process could start next year after the four organic laws necessary for elections were completed. At present, politics is on hold under an eight-month timeframe specified for the writing of the organic laws. There will also be a royal ceremony this year, Prayut said, although he did not specify what sort of ceremony would be held.

Prayut also urged everyone to respect the law, adding that the Constitution granted rights and freedoms for all, but the government still had to ensure law enforcement and prevent provocations that could lead to conflicts.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312115

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-12

Yes it will be a military controlled parliament, but perhaps the 2 main political parties can start to realise that democracy is supposed to represent everyone, not try to kill your opposition. Perhaps after a few non eventful years, the military might ease its grip. But I truly believe in maintaining the Monarchy, culture and the things about the Thai people that made this such a wonderful place to retire to. My Thai wife agrees, but she would, she loves the Monarchy. Let peace reign supreme

10 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Yes it will be a military controlled parliament, but perhaps the 2 main political parties can start to realise that democracy is supposed to represent everyone, not try to kill your opposition. Perhaps after a few non eventful years, the military might ease its grip. But I truly believe in maintaining the Monarchy, culture and the things about the Thai people that made this such a wonderful place to retire to. My Thai wife agrees, but she would, she loves the Monarchy. Let peace reign supreme

Yes, Thailand is clearly a country which doesn't need change. 

''The Clock starts ticking''....'' The Process COULD start next year''      Would that be the same clock that started ticking three years ago and then two, one and so on ?    Clocks tick forever and they will tick on for a good while yet as excuse after excuse about Security and other bullshit about ''Organic Laws'' etc are used to delay the process.

I think we all know what the ''Ceremony'' will be this year but will the main participant bother to turn up ?

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, Thailand is clearly a country which doesn't need change. 

Its true. Once you escape the "tourist/ladyboy/bargirl" areas you will discover true Thailand. But as a despot on the "tourist" areas, you seem to judge all Thailand on a few bargirl resorts. I feel sorry for you

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

Its true. Once you escape the "tourist/ladyboy/bargirl" areas you will discover true Thailand. But as a despot on the "tourist" areas, you seem to judge all Thailand on a few bargirl resorts. I feel sorry for you

Ha ha. How well you know me. 

I was thinking more about the millions of poor Thais who don't know anything better: It's easy to love something when it benefits you. I guess this is why the elite don't want change. 

49 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Ha ha. How well you know me. 

I was thinking more about the millions of poor Thais who don't know anything better: It's easy to love something when it benefits you. I guess this is why the elite don't want change. 

Yes I do know of many sad and bitter falang who have only seen some bargirl or tranny bars in a few "tourist" resorts. That is not Thailand. You say you represent poor Thais? I doubt you have ever met the majority of hard working Thais who do not give a rats for your opinion of them. They just try to get on in life, not want to know about some meddling ignorant super stud farang who knows nothing about real life in Thailand. As stated, I feel sorry for you. Go talk about Syria, you can gossip all you like coz no one knows what is happening there. Unlike a few country living farang who know a whole lot more about Thailand and the real people than you. 

2 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

So you are saying that those Thai people in those "tourist/ladyboy/bargirl" areas are unredeemable human beings ?  Is it not true that some of those people in those places actually send money to relatives living in the "true Thailand" you speak of ?   Your peace at any price attitude, and your scorn of those who are just trying to make a living are thankfully minority opinions on this forum.   You are in no position to feel sorry for anyone who holds a different perception of Thailand than you. 

16 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Yes I do know of many sad and bitter falang who have only seen some bargirl or tranny bars in a few "tourist" resorts. That is not Thailand. You say you represent poor Thais? I doubt you have ever met the majority of hard working Thais who do not give a rats for your opinion of them. They just try to get on in life, not want to know about some meddling ignorant super stud farang who knows nothing about real life in Thailand. As stated, I feel sorry for you. Go talk about Syria, you can gossip all you like coz no one knows what is happening there. Unlike a few country living farang who know a whole lot more about Thailand and the real people than you. 

What this country desperately needs is fundamental change, and one of the most beneficial changes would be to rid Thailand of the Sakdina system, which clearly belongs on the scrap yard of history.

If you actually believe the BS junta line extolling the virtues of that antiquated system then I feel sorry for you (well, actually I don't, but telling you what I really think would not be polite).

48 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

So many assumptions - such little knowledge. 

Please don't tell all the hardworking Thais you so profoundly know about my opinion of them. I'd hate them to think there's some 'farang' out there who wishes them  to have a brighter future. 

18 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

So you are saying that those Thai people in those "tourist/ladyboy/bargirl" areas are unredeemable human beings ?  Is it not true that some of those people in those places actually send money to relatives living in the "true Thailand" you speak of ?   Your peace at any price attitude, and your scorn of those who are just trying to make a living are thankfully minority opinions on this forum.   You are in no position to feel sorry for anyone who holds a different perception of Thailand than you. 

You misquote me. Did I ever say unredeemable? I am not talking about the Christian term "redemption" (unredeemable) for young Thai men and ladies to support their families. But that is not Thailand. If you use young ladies or men and get your rocks off in Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Paris or where ever, those places are not a true reflection of the country that they live in nor a reflection of the country for falang that prey on them.

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So many assumptions - such little knowledge. 

Please don't tell all the hardworking Thais you so profoundly know about my opinion of them. I'd hate them to think there's some 'farang' out there who wishes them  to have a brighter future. 

The Thais, the real Thais do not want to know you, they despise you and your mealy mouthed promises of freedom and democracy. They have a bright future, living a sustainable life, eating healthy food every day, banking a little, making sure their children are secure, educating them as they can. You are so ignorant of Thai life. Get out of the brothels and visit the other 99% of the country. 

5 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

The Thais, the real Thais do not want to know you, they despise you and your mealy mouthed promises of freedom and democracy. They have a bright future, living a sustainable life, eating healthy food every day, banking a little, making sure their children are secure, educating them as they can. You are so ignorant of Thai life. Get out of the brothels and visit the other 99% of the country. 

Okay, I will. You're right.

I just need your help. Will you pray for me? 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, I will. You're right.

I just need your help. Will you pray for me? 

Buggered if I know how to respond to you. Either you are dense, silly or think the subject is a joke. Pray for you when you prey? I am not a Christian but do not go to poor countries, have cheap sex and the say you have the answers to democracy and preach freedom for the citizens when you are abusing them

24 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Buggered if I know how to respond to you. Either you are dense, silly or think the subject is a joke. Pray for you when you prey? I am not a Christian but do not go to poor countries, have cheap sex and the say you have the answers to democracy and preach freedom for the citizens when you are abusing them

Amen, brother. 

5 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

'Perhaps', 'maybe', 'might'... Try taking that to the bank. Now you clearly have the zeal of the convert, but others have, shall we say, a more cynical view based on actual precedence, no matter where their home may be or who they cohabit with...

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

Are you for real or are we replying to a troll???

6 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Say goodnight to the folks , Gracie !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Are you for real or are we replying to a troll???

Only you can answer that, I live in the boonies and all is fine here. You city centric posters that live in a few "tourist" areas, indulging on young men and women think that is what Thailand is all about. And then preach freedom, democracy, equal rights. Words fail me

8 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Only you can answer that, I live in the boonies and all is fine here. You city centric posters that live in a few "tourist" areas, indulging on young men and women think that is what Thailand is all about. And then preach freedom, democracy, equal rights. Words fail me

they are not so young anymore :sleepy:

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The election clock will start ticking next year and political parties will have five months to organise and campaign before the poll, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Wednesday.

If gambling were legal in Thailand, I'd bet anybody 20 baht that we'll see this same headline this time next year, and for several years to come.

5 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

If gambling were legal in Thailand, I'd bet anybody 20 baht that we'll see this same headline this time next year, and for several years to come.

and until the rivers run dry and the sun dims forever - the Buddha said nothing is permanent - well this comes close .

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

they are not so young anymore :sleepy:

Nor am I. But with my styled grey beard, my wife thinks that I look like some yank "super stars" The locals think I look too much like a muslim. (never having seen yank super stars) My wife has a senior Buddhist monk as a younger brother, she still fusses over him. I will visit him on the 15th, the day of paying respect to close relatives that are not here anymore. Thai culture is vibrant and meaningful, this period is so much more than throwing water at each other. 

2 hours ago, baboon said:

'Perhaps', 'maybe', 'might'... Try taking that to the bank. Now you clearly have the zeal of the convert, but others have, shall we say, a more cynical view based on actual precedence, no matter where their home may be or who they cohabit with...

True. Perhaps Trump may not turn out to be an idiot. Maybe peace will be found in Palestine and Korea. The Russians might see some moral sense. Or maybe foreigners butt out of other countries domestic affairs. When you get your own act together, then cast scorn on other countries. Until then, button up

7 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

True. Perhaps Trump may not turn out to be an idiot. Maybe peace will be found in Palestine and Korea. The Russians might see some moral sense. Or maybe foreigners butt out of other countries domestic affairs. When you get your own act together, then cast scorn on other countries. Until then, button up

When we (in the west) get our own act together? What, like learning from others and having coups every 5 minutes, arbitrary laws and immigration policies and an infamously corrupt police force? There is plenty to like about living here, but let's not be burying our heads in the sand, eh?

2 hours ago, baboon said:

When we (in the west) get our own act together? What, like learning from others and having coups every 5 minutes, arbitrary laws and immigration policies and an infamously corrupt police force? There is plenty to like about living here, but let's not be burying our heads in the sand, eh?

Interesting. Have you noticed how those bastions of Western democracy and freedom, the UK and US are actually moving more towards the Thai model?

Long way to go maybe but seems the West is moving in the wrong direction whilst the East stays still.

14 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

That is the most far fetched , delusional , self serving nonsense I have ever read , priceless !