Ford Thailand sales jump 50% in first quarter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are so good then why the class action lawsuit against ford here in thailand ??? I guess the thais just dont measure up to your driving skills ?

So what about the $3.4 billion Toyota paid out after a class-action suit a few months ago for severe frame rust issues?

Toyota builds a fine product, things happen and people love to sue.

17 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Do not go for a test drive in an Everest unless you are considering buying one ...  driving any other 'body on frame' SUV after will just feel 2nd rate...

If you like being in a wallowing boat, bloody awful overpriced overrated junk.A Pajero is head and shoulders better, and a sensible price and will resell easily and quickly when needed

18 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yet the parts are identical..,,

Yes that is right but made by different manufacturers and have different part numbers

Mazda now has their own transmission manufacturing plant in Thailand, Ford import their transmissions from overseas 

If you like being in a wallowing boat, bloody awful overpriced overrated junk.A Pajero is head and shoulders better, and a sensible price and will resell easily and quickly when needed

You're so blinded by hate (or embarrassment at using your money on an inferior product) that you're making yourself look stupid.

If you really do belive what you wrote above, then you're in a miniscule minority.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I have to agree with you, if i wanted a SUV the Pajero would be on my short list, looks good, well priced and i have not read any bad reports on it

Unfortunately i do not feel  the same way about the Triton, its looks do not appeal to me, and a dual cab pickup suites my needs perfectly, i will never buy another ford no matter how much they are promoted, i am a confirmed Toyota buyer as far as pickups are concerned from now on, they have excellent resale value, unlike fords whose resale value is terrible

Okay so either you cant read (newspapers,forums), the class action lawsuit against ford has been in the news alot lately, or you dont live in Thailand. Or maybe both ?

If you don't know, just say you don't know, don't blame me.

I live and work in Thailand, and whether or not I can or can't (cant?) read has nothing to do with not reading the newspaper.

You indicated their was a class-action law sour against Ford, I pointed out that Toyota just settled one a couple month's ago, does that mean Toyota is crap? People make a ton of money suing, it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.

Up until a few months ago the company I work for was a tier one supplier providing components to Ford, Isuzu, BMW and Mazda in Thailand, most of the automakers around the world. There is not a significant difference in general quality between major automakers.

That said, there is a significant difference in service, and if you want to argue that Toyota service is significantly better than Ford's, I would agree.

I'm not sure what all the animosity's about. I never said it was "so great" I said think the new Ford product is fine, and the sales are impressive, you disagree, whatever.

50 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I generally avoid asking a Thai anything if I want a sensible answer.

A lot of Thai people feel the same way about foreigners, what a surprise 

16 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

You're so blinded by hate (or embarrassment at using your money on an inferior product) that you're making yourself look stupid.

If you really do belive what you wrote above, then you're in a miniscule minority.

Just because I don't agree with your brainwashed opinion, get over it

On 4/21/2017 at 6:59 AM, Thechook said:

That's correct.  Ford and Holden have maintained the design crews tho.  I have a Korean friend who is part of the design team at Ford Broadmeadows in Melbourne Australia.  There are no plans to relocate this department as the vehicles like the ranger are designed in Aust for Australian conditions and still tested there.

I understand Holden is still designed in Australia but being assembled by Chevrolet Thailand and Indonesia.

On 11 December 2013 Holden announced that it will cease vehicle and engine production by the end of 2017

RIP

On 4/21/2017 at 10:01 AM, madmax2 said:

Friends of ours have a current model Fiesta a 2012 manufactured one, apart from gearbox problems it was caught in a overnight flood, insurance could not get the parts to repair it so they dropped it of to the Ford dealer, it was 4 months before they got the vehicle back, also they got a price on it recently to sell, offered 270K baht and it cost nearly 800K baht

Fords have really bad resale and trade in values compared to other makes of locally produced vehicles

And flood damaged Honda's and Toyota's somehow magically retain their value?

Let's try that again: Ford generally have lower resale values than some other marques.

All flood-damaged cars are toast regardless of the badge.

On 4/21/2017 at 11:07 AM, Bob12345 said:

I absolutely love the looks on the Everest but after the problems Ford had with the gear boxes, or better said how they handled it, and the very limited service opportunities in Thailand (garages, dealerships, etc) I won't even go for a test drive and will choose between the Fortuner and the MuX next month.

Choice of 2 sheds.

On 4/21/2017 at 0:14 PM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Go try a Pajero much better and cheaper, you will not look back

Correction, choice of 3 sheds.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:40 AM, madmax2 said:

...plenty of other people having similar problems with Rangers still on red (temporary) plates...

We know and agree that you are a bitter, disenfranchised and ripped-off former Ford owner but there's absolutely no need to go making stuff up now is there?

On 4/21/2017 at 7:09 PM, Hereinthailand said:

Kinda easy to have a big percentage jump when your sales numbers are that low. I like the ford truck, lots of xtras for the money compared to other brands and lower prices. We have been looking at all the different makes lately, but after all the bad press on ford we decided the Isuzu and their bulletproof motors were our choice when we buy. Also I wasnt impressed with the sales people at either of the ford dealers we went to compared to other brands.

Sorry that the bit about market share increase went over your head. From the OP:

The strong first quarter allowed Ford to continue outpacing the overall Thai industry, and boost its total market share for the quarter to 6.2 per cent, up 1.4 percentage points from the same quarter last year.

20 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Or possibly, just possibly...

pajero

Word forms:pajera

masculine noun, feminine

1. (vulgar, en sentido sexual) tosser (vulg), vvanker (vulg)
  2. (Central America, informal, = mentiroso) liar
  3. (Central America, = fontanero) plumber

adjective

(Central America, informal)
  1. (= mentiroso) fibbing (inf)
Edited by NanLaew

18 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Ford service and customer care sucks and always has in Thailand just ask a few Thai people

Go ahead and ask a few Thai people. My experience with two different Thai dealerships, two different vehicles and a collective 100,000 km says otherwise.

Your experience with one dealership differs from mine.

PS. The Ford Thunderbird I had in the US was pretty good as well.

Edited by NanLaew

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

We know and agree that you are a bitter, disenfranchised and ripped-off former Ford owner but there's absolutely no need to go making stuff up now is there?

Not making anything up sport, no need to, last 2 times at workshop of the second ford dealer we were using there were 2 rangers in the workshop at the time, one belonged to a local police officer and the staff disappeared as soon as they saw him coming, the other a red one still on red plates was in the ford workshop on our last 3 visits with continuing unfixed engine problems

Yes you are right i am unhappy with ford service, i think anyone would be with 3 years of visiting 2 of their workshops with the same transmission problem, plus replacement of dash gauges the intercooler and the hose from intercooler to the engine.( over 2,000 baht for a rubber hose is a bit over the top with pricing in my opinion)

Anyway i have got rid of the ranger now what a heap of rubbish, when it was 2.5 years old ford would only offered me 400k for it as a trade in (Shows what they think of their own products)

At 4.5 years old the toyota dealer managed to get 500k for it from a independent used car dealer

and i was really happy to get rid of it and start again with a product (Toyota) which i have known all along as a reliable product with reasonable repair prices

Not making anything up sport, no need to, last 2 times at workshop of the second ford dealer we were using there were 2 rangers in the workshop at the time, one belonged to a local police officer and the staff disappeared as soon as they saw him coming, the other a red one still on red plates was in the ford workshop on our last 3 visits with continuing unfixed engine problems
Yes you are right i am unhappy with ford service, i think anyone would be with 3 years of visiting 2 of their workshops with the same transmission problem, plus replacement of dash gauges the intercooler and the hose from intercooler to the engine.( over 2,000 baht for a rubber hose is a bit over the top with pricing in my opinion)
Anyway i have got rid of the ranger now what a heap of rubbish, when it was 2.5 years old ford would only offered me 400k for it as a trade in (Shows what they think of their own products)
At 4.5 years old the toyota dealer managed to get 500k for it from a independent used car dealer
and i was really happy to get rid of it and start again with a product (Toyota) which i have known all along as a reliable product with reasonable repair prices

Was it not under warranty at 2.5 years old?

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Was it not under warranty at 2.5 years old?

Of coarse it was, They were even still covering the transmission with warranty at 4.5 years, after about 18 times in their workshops for up to 6 days at a time and sometimes having to wait weeks for parts you get sick of their excuses, ford blaming the dealer and the dealer blaming ford, lack of spare parts and properly trained technicians is ford motor companies fault in my opinion, just want people to know how ford customers are treated