Ebay in Thailand?

threefurryfaces

That said it works well for the 1/2k baht items that we often find a need for - and often the price will be half of what it would cost locally.  If you select free shipping most of the China inexpensive items will be shown.  Aliexpress is another good option as many of there sellers offer free air shipment which should arrive in a week (Ebay items, even from China,  can very greatly).  For more expensive items I use local source to avoid customs or theft issues - Lazada will have most items and if you have exact name you can easily find lowest price - general searching is still not great - but it does seem to be getting better.  

Bought plenty of things off eBay from all over the world and had them shipped to Thailand. Sometimes customs won't allow certain vitamins or only a certain quantity to go through. 

If you have real bad luck they will tax you heavily as well. I remember I bought one of those designer bags for my wife for around 200,000 baht and they taxed me another 60,000 on it. This was about 6 months ago. 

In case you can select the shipping method, select anything BUT DHL - they seem to inspect and tax every package. EMS might take a lot longer but your package is less likely to be opened. 

So far I never received any broken or damaged items. Knock on wood! 

12 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

I remember I bought one of those designer bags for my wife for around 200,000 baht and they taxed me another 60,000 on it.

That's the same price as a decent motorbike! Or two!!

If you have to do the designer bag again, just bite the bullet and pay what they ask at Central Embassy.

I have ordered things on Ebay and have them delivered to my Thailand address.

Beware of postage costs before clicking commit to buy.

I am using my Ebay account I set up in the UK though.

I often compare prices with AliExpress first.

Edited by jacko45k

Believe the issue is PayPal not being accepted by the seller for shipment to anything but the address listed for fraud issues.  My PP account was set up with Thai address and CC used for payment (although US) is also using my Thai address so have not had any issues buying from Ebay.

As for Ebay in Thailand I use www.ebay.com as the new local site is Thai only - if you ask for English it reverts ti Singapore site.  Believe this is also case with PayPal as get Singapore and Thailand sites when making charges.

For local (China) products the option to search only free shipping is very handy when using Ebay.com

40 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the issue is PayPal not being accepted by the seller for shipment to anything but the address listed for fraud issues.  My PP account was set up with Thai address and CC used for payment (although US) is also using my Thai address so have not had any issues buying from Ebay.

As for Ebay in Thailand I use www.ebay.com as the new local site is Thai only - if you ask for English it reverts ti Singapore site.  Believe this is also case with PayPal as get Singapore and Thailand sites when making charges.

For local (China) products the option to search only free shipping is very handy when using Ebay.com

I've often had the Singapore ebay tell me they cannot ship to Thailand.  So much for ASEAN free trade.

Lazada has been excellent and goods have arrived in a few days.

15 minutes ago, masuk said:

I've often had the Singapore ebay tell me they cannot ship to Thailand.  So much for ASEAN free trade.

Lazada has been excellent and goods have arrived in a few days.

Why use Singapore Ebay?  The normal Ebay.com works fine for Thailand and you have the option to select type of goods you want and your shipment point so no need to waste time searching through items you do not want or can not be sent to Thailand.  I have not been happy when trying to use Singapore Ebay site.

As for Lazada they have normal to best price inside Thailand - but there recent listing of shipped from outside Thailand are often double the cost of ordering yourself on Ebay or Aliexpress.  Thankfully they have recently allowed searching to avoid such items (which made there site almost useless for a month or so).

Remember regardless of the Ebay site the sellers are most often not located in any specific country.  On that Singapore site a huge number of US low price/high postage/customs sellers are listed - time wasters at best - not want most of us want!

Edited by lopburi3

On 30/04/2017 at 4:15 AM, JerryinTH said:

In case you can select the shipping method, select anything BUT DHL - they seem to inspect and tax every package. EMS might take a lot longer but your package is less likely to be opened

DHL has a financial incentive to collect duty and import fees which is the 'handling charge' for collection of said fees. Very often for them it is just a paper exercise based on the declared value of the goods plus the shipping charge. Sometimes they actually open the packages. If you can keep the combined value (value of goods plus shipping) below 1000THB and don't use a courier company then you should not attract any VAT or import charges.

Ordered plenty of things from eBay, mostly cheap battery operated stuff, blood pressure monitor, blood-sugar monitor, pedometer, watches etc. Always pay with PayPal and when ordering look for items that INCLUDE shipping costs.  Most have arrived. When not PayPal returns money no questions asked. Never been charged import duty. Its a great service and far cheaper than Lazada for items that have to come from overseas.