Fugitive Vorayuth left Thailand for Singapore on April 25, police say

webfact

Fugitive Vorayuth left Thailand for Singapore on April 25, police say
By The Nation

24f99aeec9bd34acde970438f0ec1272.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, the fugitive heir to the Red Bull fortune who is being sought on charges of running over and killing a police officer in 2012, entered Thailand on April 23 and departed on April 25 for Singapore, Immigration Police revealed on Tuesday.

An arrest warrant was issued for Vorayuth last Friday following his failure to meet prosecutors for a decision on his indictment a day earlier.

Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Natthorn Phrosunthorn said his office could check people travelling in and out of the country and if Vorayuth re-entered Thailand the system would alert them. 

He explained that Vorayuth had left the country before the arrest warrant was issued. 

He said Thong Lor police investigators did not ban him from travelling abroad as the case stemmed from recklessness rather than a serious case with criminal intent. Therefore, he said, the Immigration Bureau was not authorised to stop him.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314018

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-02

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Natthorn Phrosunthorn said his office could check people travelling in and out of the country and if Vorayuth re-entered Thailand the system would alert them. '

As if that will ever hapen ...

Entered 23rd departed 25th ! 1 day before the arrest warrant, Hmmm sounds to me he got a tip off. Never their so determined to arrest him why I dont know his driving was only reckless not a serious criminal case Huh !

Well the press was saying for days an arrest warrant would be issued if he didn't show, and I guess he can read the papers, so any tip off was probably not needed.

I do find it funny that right now though, no one knows where he is. He doesn't normally keep a low profile. I am waiting with keen anticipation for Interpol to be informed officially and for his passport to be cancelled. I will not however, be holding my breath on those two things.

"He said Thong Lor police investigators did not ban him from travelling abroad as the case stemmed from recklessness rather than a serious case with criminal intent. Therefore, he said, the Immigration Bureau was not authorised to stop him."

So he was just been reckless when he mowed down a policeman,then fled.I don't think they are taking this seriously at all.

regards worgeordie

18 minutes ago, nev said:

Don't buy Red Bull full stop, don't put any baht into this families pockets.

Bit late for that. They are absolutely minted and have money coming in from overseas too. The only people to suffer if folks did this, would be the totally innocent staff at the factory who would lose their jobs and the associated suppliers who would also be forced to cut staff.

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Bit late for that. They are absolutely minted and have money coming in from overseas too. The only people to suffer if folks did this, would be the totally innocent staff at the factory who would lose their jobs and the associated suppliers who would also be forced to cut staff.

What you mean to late I have been doing it for years, and when me and my wife had workers working for us we switched to M150 might have only been a dozen or so bottles a day but its a start.

I get your point about staff losing their jobs, but hey pieces of excrement like this thinks he is above the law, what can we do to hurt the family sheltering him? We have to start somewhere.

19 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"He said Thong Lor police investigators did not ban him from travelling abroad as the case stemmed from recklessness rather than a serious case with criminal intent. Therefore, he said, the Immigration Bureau was not authorised to stop him."

So he was just been reckless when he mowed down a policeman,then fled.I don't think they are taking this seriously at all.

regards worgeordie

At the time of the incident, was there not a suspicion that he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

The statute of limitations on these possible offences has long expired but surely, if the suspicion was there, this, in my opinion goes much further than just reckless driving.  Was there not also, allegedly, an attempt to implicate a member of his household staff?  

Obviously not premeditated murder but maybe manslaughter.  That is how it would be in UK but, of course, TiT and things are very different here - especially for those with money and connections.

1 minute ago, nev said:

What you mean to late I have been doing it for years, and when me and my wife had workers working for us we switched to M150 might have only been a dozen or so bottles a day but its a start.

I get your point about staff losing their jobs, but hey pieces of excrement like this thinks he is above the law, what can we do to hurt the family sheltering him? We have to start somewhere.

If you have been following this topic of late in other posts, you will know that I am one of the fiercest critics of this low life piece of scum.

The Government have the power to revoke his passport, and can actually ask Interpol to hunt for him, but while hinting at it, have done neither.

If you shut down Red Bull here completely, the difference it would make to the family fortune would be negligible.

And while Yes, that is ultimately where his money comes from, the family didn't run someone over, and flee the scene. They have committed no crime.

There are many innocent people who would be hurt by a product boycott.

Maybe if the nation refused to pay taxes until the Government uses its power in this matter, you would be hurting the right pocket and might stir up some action.

I see little happening until he is forced to come home and even then I am not expecting a "just" sentence.

22 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

All they have to do is revoke his passport. The next country he tries to enter will refuse entry. Singapore might even boot him if they are informed of  revoked pp.

You think he only has one passport?

19 minutes ago, Thailand said:

You think he only has one passport?

Could well be true however I suspect Singapore might well have the means to quickly identify the man at the booth on a xxx passport is actually the same guy wanted on an arrest warrant for the vehicle man slaughter of a cop in Thailand, and with a flag from interpol (?), and they might well refuse entry and perhaps even detain him.

Singapore doesn't mess around with situations like this, they act.  

32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

...the family didn't run someone over, and flee the scene. They have committed no crime.

Well that's opinion, someone in the family tried to get a servant to claim responsibility for the crash.

Someone in the family, maybe several people in the family engaged in quick discussions  with a senior cop to buy his way out of the whole scenarios just after the accident, and that senior cop was quickly dismissed from the force. 

The family has readily ignored many many requests for him to report to investigators.

The family have readily joined him in gallivanting around the world, attending  major racing events etc. 

Have they broken a specific law? If they have I hope they get severe punishment.

I don't know if they have broken a specific law but they sure didn't display any morals or responsibility or concern. 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

If you have been following this topic of late in other posts, you will know that I am one of the fiercest critics of this low life piece of scum.

The Government have the power to revoke his passport, and can actually ask Interpol to hunt for him, but while hinting at it, have done neither.

If you shut down Red Bull here completely, the difference it would make to the family fortune would be negligible.

And while Yes, that is ultimately where his money comes from, the family didn't run someone over, and flee the scene. They have committed no crime.

There are many innocent people who would be hurt by a product boycott.

Maybe if the nation refused to pay taxes until the Government uses its power in this matter, you would be hurting the right pocket and might stir up some action.

I see little happening until he is forced to come home and even then I am not expecting a "just" sentence.

Not sure if you know......but the main ownership of RB is not in Thailand....I think it's Austria, and was sold some time ago

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well that's opinion, someone in the family tried to get a servant to claim responsibility for the crash.

Someone in the family, maybe several people in the family engaged in quick discussions  with a senior cop to buy his way out of the whole scenarios just after the accident, and that senior cop was quickly dismissed from the force. 

The family has readily ignored many many requests for him to report to investigators.

The family have readily joined him in gallivanting around the world, attending  major racing events etc. 

Have they broken a specific law? If they have I hope they get severe punishment.

I don't know if they have broken a specific law but they sure didn't display any morals or responsibility or concern. 

"I don't know if they have broken a specific law but .............  they sure didn't display any morals or responsibility or concern." 

exp.jpg.77f1b5419ac85a3fb4dbbafbaf22dfa6.jpg 

Thai business aristocracy at their apex.

4 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Not sure if you know......but the main ownership of RB is not in Thailand....I think it's Austria, and was sold some time ago

In 1984, Mateschitz co-founded Red Bull GmbH with Yoovidhya and turned it into an international brand. Each partner invested US$500,000 of savings to found the company. Yoovidhya and Mateschitz each held a 49 percent share of the new company. They gave the remaining two percent to Yoovidhya's son, Chalerm, but it was agreed that Mateschitz would run the company.[16] The product was launched in Austria in 1987." wiki

Thus the Yoovidhya family control 51%. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Could well be true however I suspect Singapore might well have the means to quickly identify the man at the booth on a xxx passport is actually the same guy wanted on an arrest warrant for the vehicle man slaughter of a cop in Thailand, and with a flag from interpol (?), and they might well refuse entry and perhaps even detain him.

Singapore doesn't mess around with situations like this, they act.  

No doubt you are correct about Singapore having the resources to identify/monitor/capture. But do they have the will? Unlikely, as we saw with the Ill-gotten Suharto money, the Singaporeans went MIA. 

19 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

In 1984, Mateschitz co-founded Red Bull GmbH with Yoovidhya and turned it into an international brand. Each partner invested US$500,000 of savings to found the company. Yoovidhya and Mateschitz each held a 49 percent share of the new company. They gave the remaining two percent to Yoovidhya's son, Chalerm, but it was agreed that Mateschitz would run the company.[16] The product was launched in Austria in 1987." wiki

Thus the Yoovidhya family control 51%. 

And it is the perfect business for the Thai side: do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and watch the money roll in.

nice to know that the thai police consider killing one of their officers is only reckless and not a serious crime, will this open the flood gates and we will now see people killing cops with impunity. Then again maybe this is how they are earning their keep from his family by playing down what he actually did and a reason they refuse to do anything about him.

Chief Inspector Dreyfus:
The beggar was the lookout man for the gang.

Inspector Clouseau:
That is impossible.

Chief Inspector Dreyfus:
Why?

Inspector Clouseau:
He was blind! How can a blind man be a lookout?

Chief Inspector Dreyfus:
How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that!

Inspector Clouseau:
It's very simple... all he has to do is enlist.

Chief Inspector Dreyfus:
Shut up!

14 minutes ago, TPI said:

But you have to ask "what if the family ask for and get "blood money"", then the wheels of justice will definately turn slowly!

" Vorayuth's attorney met with Wichean's family, who accepted a settlement of about $100,000. In turn, they were required to sign a document promising not to press criminal charges, eliminating Thailand's legal option for victims to take suspects to court if police and prosecutors don't take action "

Full Report.  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/27/red-bull-heir-enjoys-jet-set-life-4-years-after-hit-and-run.html