Weather !@#$%

tonray

32 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

You will have to talk to god about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think he is still busy with my lottery numbers request(s)....ha ha

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I think he is still busy with my lottery numbers request(s)....ha ha

I think he is busy with people who need organ transplants...ha ha.  Who are we kidding theres no god that gives a crap about us.  Sorry kids that need kidneys.  God hates you.

5 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

You will have to talk to god about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Don't go around the chain of command; talk to Mother Nature first. 555

Wait  up !   Guru  Trump  says  everything is  normal. !  Climate  change,  global  warming  is  a  conspiracy  that  impacts  the  extraction  of  money  from  that  which  people  with   some  insight  say  otherwise !

Rock on,  live  the  good  life  and  ignore  the  weather .

Embrace  the  concept  that  the  night rain  may  also   come  with the  fascinating  glow of nuclear radiation .

Champagne, Burgundy and Bordeaux experiencing frost in April that has so far destroyed 60% of their crop.  Now that *is* a rather inconvenient truth (Worst in 1/4 century),.

We'll likely see over here some shift in weather patterns too, mainly rain I would imagine (just conjecture on my part).  I would expect it to go on for a few years as we're leaving a solar maximum towards a minimum just as we're getting slightly closer to Saturn and Jupiter which together I read will take us (astronomically a small number) of 150,000 miles further away from regular orbit for a while.  One degree celsius here, another there, pretty soon you're talking about a major climate personality question mark.

It's because Thai people... if it were up to Americans and Europeans, the rain would fall for sure !!!1 or if Thai's had better Education system.

And it has been like that last 5 years since I'm here. Starts raining (daily) end of July.

21 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

I think he is busy with people who need organ transplants...ha ha.  Who are we kidding theres no god that gives a crap about us.  Sorry kids that need kidneys.  God hates you.

Wot a sick statement. 

On 5/7/2017 at 4:37 AM, Shiver said:

Champagne, Burgundy and Bordeaux experiencing frost in April that has so far destroyed 60% of their crop.  Now that *is* a rather inconvenient truth (Worst in 1/4 century),.

We'll likely see over here some shift in weather patterns too, mainly rain I would imagine (just conjecture on my part).  I would expect it to go on for a few years as we're leaving a solar maximum towards a minimum just as we're getting slightly closer to Saturn and Jupiter which together I read will take us (astronomically a small number) of 150,000 miles further away from regular orbit for a while.  One degree celsius here, another there, pretty soon you're talking about a major climate personality question mark.

So, your saying global warming is not caused by humans? That is a fair comment. How many humans were around at the end of the last Ice Age (a global warming event)? Humanity may be a contributory factor but not the cause. Nature gives nature takes away.

9 hours ago, lvr181 said:

So, your saying global warming is not caused by humans? That is a fair comment. How many humans were around at the end of the last Ice Age (a global warming event)? Humanity may be a contributory factor but not the cause. Nature gives nature takes away.

Yeah, I'm saying human impact in this particular area is pretty insignificant (unlike chemicals in the sea, radioactivity etc).

I think it's pretty arrogant of humans to think that we matter that much to make such a change when the range of hot cold, sea levels, ice flow etc all crush us like a bug in terms of significance.

''They' say that the ice is melting:  That is true and it's not true.  The ice might be melting in your drink while it is increasing in the refrigerator.  The arctic is losing ice, but the antarctic is increasing in ice, however, what is happening is it is melting off about the bottom third and relocating to the top of the antarctic where it is increasing (hence all the interest in antarctic discoveries lately).  

I'm no expert, the above is just what I pick up in general reading as a side effect when pursuing information for other purposes.

Some people object to the phrase 'global change', where I think it is the most appropriate phrase compared to warming or cooling, which is only true within the contextual constraints of say, some politician trying the think up new ways of taxing us (CO2 tax and Al Gore for example).  Marine Phytoplankton adores CO2 and will thrive in it then sink it (it also grows very quickly and can produce more oil than drilling or fracking it dollar for dollar, and the output (emissions, can go back to recycle it).  Makes no sense until you follow the money.

At the risk of repeating myself (I know I am), look at the sky and tell me it looks the same as when you were a kid.  Didn't the sun used to be orange as well at midday?  We've had the top layer of the atmosphere ripped off (not by humans, but the part of the galaxy we're hurtling through at the moment) which is what used to give space the appearance of blue, yet pictures taken from in space are not blue at all.  Don't want to get all tin foil hat about it, but it is ('scuse the up coming pun) "as plain as day" for anyone to observe.

11 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Yeah, I'm saying human impact in this particular area is pretty insignificant (unlike chemicals in the sea, radioactivity etc).

I think it's pretty arrogant of humans to think that we matter that much to make such a change when the range of hot cold, sea levels, ice flow etc all crush us like a bug in terms of significance.

''They' say that the ice is melting:  That is true and it's not true.  The ice might be melting in your drink while it is increasing in the refrigerator.  The arctic is losing ice, but the antarctic is increasing in ice, however, what is happening is it is melting off about the bottom third and relocating to the top of the antarctic where it is increasing (hence all the interest in antarctic discoveries lately).  

I'm no expert, the above is just what I pick up in general reading as a side effect when pursuing information for other purposes.

Some people object to the phrase 'global change', where I think it is the most appropriate phrase compared to warming or cooling, which is only true within the contextual constraints of say, some politician trying the think up new ways of taxing us (CO2 tax and Al Gore for example).  Marine Phytoplankton adores CO2 and will thrive in it then sink it (it also grows very quickly and can produce more oil than drilling or fracking it dollar for dollar, and the output (emissions, can go back to recycle it).  Makes no sense until you follow the money.

At the risk of repeating myself (I know I am), look at the sky and tell me it looks the same as when you were a kid.  Didn't the sun used to be orange as well at midday?  We've had the top layer of the atmosphere ripped off (not by humans, but the part of the galaxy we're hurtling through at the moment) which is what used to give space the appearance of blue, yet pictures taken from in space are not blue at all.  Don't want to get all tin foil hat about it, but it is ('scuse the up coming pun) "as plain as day" for anyone to observe.

And when you realise the amount of CO2 that volcanic activity around the world spews out - wow! I realise you cannot tax that, thus some would say global warming is a human cause and tax them.

I understand that the wonderful Great Barrier Reef in Australia was caused by increasing sea levels (global warming?). As stated previously, nature gives and nature takes away (and tax dollars is not going to change that).

On 5/6/2017 at 7:37 PM, Shiver said:

Also happened to UK vineyards. The timing of the frost is not abnormal, but the first quarter of this year was exceptionally warm - when i arrived back in the UK in March i wore  shorts and shirt only in the daytime for a couple of days. This has encouraged growth and flowering to early in the year, before frost risk had gone. April and May have been abysmally cold so far. Climate change can mean more unseasonable weather - colder or warmer.

A lot of this is now believed to be due to changes in the Jet stream, possibly caused by Global warming.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170327083120.htm

14 hours ago, rickudon said:

Also happened to UK vineyards. The timing of the frost is not abnormal, but the first quarter of this year was exceptionally warm - when i arrived back in the UK in March i wore  shorts and shirt only in the daytime for a couple of days. This has encouraged growth and flowering to early in the year, before frost risk had gone. April and May have been abysmally cold so far. Climate change can mean more unseasonable weather - colder or warmer.

A lot of this is now believed to be due to changes in the Jet stream, possibly caused by Global warming.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170327083120.htm

With jumpy weather like that, it looks like the price of many staple foods may skyrocket this year.  Is wine a staple food? :)  I think many would say yes, but because of the nature of the manufacture process it might be a few years before we see that one propagate.

Archived